Tsukuba-wet N3 tyres are faster than sport?

• Thread starter paddycars1
  • 5 comments
Ireland
Tipperary
I jost run a few laps in the wet with the ford Gt '05,on N3 tyres and stock got a time of 1'04.947,and tryed sport mediums and could not get the same grip as N3's?

Tryed the Mercedes SLR Mclaren with sport softs, got the fastest time of all the road cars and concepts with no tc,but why is this how is the fr the fastest with sports? the ford GT is the fastest with tco.0

Last edited:
could it be the grooves in the tyres?
more grooves=more water lifted off the track thus more tyre on tarmac and better grip.
i dont know, its just a suggestion.

I doubt it's the grooves; GT4's tire simulation doesn't even come close to that level of detail. I'd suspect it's just a quirk in their simulation of a wet track. Which isn't really terribly accurate anyway.

Interesting find, though, @paddycars1.

could it be the grooves in the tyres?
more grooves=more water lifted off the track thus more tyre on tarmac and better grip.
i dont know, its just a suggestion.
Yes retrodriver thats what it is im sure,done some testing on arcade mode!the honda prototype LM road car is the second fastest but the SLR with its long gears and its lsd is the car nothing gets nere it!N3 tyres is the fastest out of sports:()you would thinka four wheel drive would get nere lol crazy all i can think why the SLR is fastest is the wight at the front stops the tyres faster and the lsd is perfact for the wet!:)

well, i'm not really sure, but i've tried it too and can get a lot better grip with an Elise on normal tyres (as in standard road tyres) than with the 4WD Subaru Impreza Touring car on racing hards, only the horsepower difference is keeping the Impreza faster. Interesing find though and have fun with the SLR!!!

Back