TT 35: Laguna Seca (SUSPENDED) & Chamonix West. [Post 1 for tunes!]

Is there a list anywhere of what cars, premiums especially, can have snow tires fitted?

I think the Audi R8 would be great with either snow or dirt tyres but the game won't let me fit them.

The Audi RS6 Avant 08 will take snow tires:dopey:

I'm thinking that driving on pit road was also done in one of the special events in GT4? Time Challenges? Maybe in the Ford GT?

I do not recall it in GT4, but I do know that pit lane was used by more than a few to gold the Subaru race in the Seasonals A-spec Expert Series that featured the Fiat at Trial Mountain, the Elise at Tsukuba, and the Subaru at Laguna Seca.

Not that what a person does in A-spec matters to the rest of the world, but it was the only time I saw the pit lane used to an advantage. :lol:

just read that the TT at laguna seca got cancelled due to heavy short cutting. I dont understand why PD doesnt approach short cutting like iRacing does. As soon as more then 10 - 15% of the car are of the track / in the dirt, the lap should be invalid! - or implement a stronger "dirt" tyre physics, that will keepa hot tyre dirtier for a little longer = loss of time

Christhedude
, that will keepa hot tyre dirtier for a little longer = loss of time

You'll find this can be bypassed with the right tune, too. In fact dirty tyres can be quicker (to some extent) than clean ones if used to ones advantage.

To my knowledge people exploiting glitches and bugs were banned from XBL altogether in FM3, so that might be an appropriate thing to do. Maybe especially for the upcoming rounds of the GT Academy.

This being said I'm quite astonished how harsh the reactions towards the corner cutters were in this forum. There was a distinctive lack of maturity, insults and bad style altogether. This was leveraged by a hefty surplus of drama all around.

I'd say for me personally this thread marked on of the low points of my membership of GTP so far. It would have absolutely been sufficient to condemn corner cutting in a mature way, to simply make the point clear that most of the GTP members don't approve of these actions.

So, actually, everybody lost.

Christhedude
just read that the TT at laguna seca got cancelled due to heavy short cutting. I dont understand why PD doesnt approach short cutting like iRacing does. As soon as more then 10 - 15% of the car are of the track / in the dirt, the lap should be invalid! - or implement a stronger "dirt" tyre physics, that will keepa hot tyre dirtier for a little longer = loss of time

Agreed, it's still pretty sad people had to cheat, regardless if the game "allows" it.

Sorry to be a broken record but I say it again, Cones! Is it so difficult for PD to place some lap-invalidating cones across the pit lane entrance? I guess it is, I mean they might have to actually change the configuration of the track and all. So much easier to just pull it right? 👎

I know I seem cynical (believe me i'm no troll or serial complainer) and I know PD don't have as many staff as Turn 10 and whoever else etc etc but sometimes there seems to be the *minimum* of effort used to address certain issues, when a relatively simple solution is staring them in the face.

This is the first TT i've tried in a while where golding in a bone stock car seemed to be a real challenge, and I was all ready to try a few more of my Lancers tonight. Pretty dissappointing.

I do not recall it in GT4, but I do know that pit lane was used by more than a few to gold the Subaru race in the Seasonals A-spec Expert Series that featured the Fiat at Trial Mountain, the Elise at Tsukuba, and the Subaru at Laguna Seca.

Not that what a person does in A-spec matters to the rest of the world, but it was the only time I saw the pit lane used to an advantage. :lol:

It was Mission 12;
MISSION 12

Here's a map of the circuit for this mission, with the gears listed for each corner, and brake zones in yellow.
mission12.jpg

Keys:
-Brake early to avoid understeer with the GT.
-The downhill section is a good place to make up time. Be quick through here, and you'll likely pass the mission.

Disclaimer: This is how I drive the mission. I have a conservative, smooth driving style, so your braking tendencies may not match, but it should give you some idea of where to brake, and how much. Throttle-lifts are NOT shown, but it's not hard to figure out when you should lift. The time reference is for the NTSC version only.

So, actually, everybody lost.

Agreed. Just a couple of weeks ago I told my girlfriend that this forum, of all the various game forums I've joined over the years, was full of some of the most mature people I'd encountered on the Internet. Some of the debates on GTP about circuit safety following Wheldon's accident were a model of how to argue like an adult on the Internet.

I decided early on in this thread not to join the debate - not because I don't have a strong opinion about it, I think we all do, but because the tone was all wrong.

I don't think it helps to point fingers (after all, that's what started all of this in the first place), but I think we, collectively, can do better than we did here. I know I'm starting to sound like an after-school special (do they even still have those?), but this is a forum I want to be proud to be a part of, and most of the time, I am. Let's keep it that way 👍

How is it justice served when the innocents get punished as well 👎

This game is very old for todays standards... I hoped that all these crash kiddys, cheaters and corner cutters would be gone for a long time now, seems like I was proven wrong with this TT.

Well done PD for doing the right thing.

And congratulations to Yinato for setting the fastest time without using pit-lane.

What about the massive off-track excursions I've seen in some of the top 10 replays for turns 4 & 5 on Chamonix west?

Chamonix_West.png

Last edited:
I guess everyone hates me now for letting my inner immature child get past me and cut turn 2 :( :nervous:

I guess everyone hates me now for letting my inner immature child get past me and cut turn 2 :( :nervous:

I don't think anyone hates you doodle! just put it down as a wrong decision at the time and stay clean from now and this should all be blown over in a month or so... :)

Second chances all round but who is willing to make use of them?? only the future will tell ;) 👍

Speaking of the TT being closed... Looks like I bought 4 Evo 8 RS '03s for nothing :lol:

Don't hate you. Just lost respect for you which you will have to earn back by staying clean. This is me anyways, can't speak for how anyone else feels.

PR1VATEJ0KER
You are on a bad road (pit road).
:D jk. Are you driving DFGT atm?

DS3 for now. My mom ordered me a G27 tonight and it comes sometime next week I think.

Finally comfotably in the top 100 and they find a shortcut and screw up the real racers!

I feel your fustration but all we can do at this point is forget about it and move on. Hopefully PD comes up with something so this type of thing doesn't happen again. Peace.

They need to take a good look at Top Gear test track. Online, it's unplayable (unless you have a good group of friends.)

Absolutely pitiful that it's never been addressed and GT5 is over a year and a half old.

It's the king of all exploited tracks.

Last edited:
They need to take a good look at Top Gear test track. Online, it's unplayable (unless you have a good group of friends.)

Absolutely pitiful that it's never been addressed and GT5 is over a year and a half old.

It's the king of all exploited tracks.

Yea, and that track is in the Academy too. I hope they fix the big gaping hole that exists there otherwise the exploiters will have a field day with it and it will turn into one big mess.

doodlemonoply

I think you just said " I am sorry" in a good way.

Hi everyone..im happy with my legitimate 3986th place in the Laguna Seca TT. I dont agree with exploiting track boundaries to beat talentless glory-chasing slime. Nor do I agree with allowing the inclusion of times using steering assist etc.. I cant wait to see some of these cheaters names in a shuffle race one day- I cant wait to flog u all on a fair playing field.

Well, the XBox controller is far more suitable for racing games than this crap they dare sell with the PS3. The triggers alone make all the difference. And it's really a dumb idea that GT5 puts 90% of throttle in 30% of the travel distance of the triggers of the DS3.

To me, throttle and brake are really not well made in GT5 respectively the PS3/DS3.

But nevertheless: good job both of you!

Have you tried the Dualshock 2 from PS2 with a converter ? I read somewhere in this forum about it, have been using it and surprise : it works pretty well, the face buttons - x,o,triangle and square have better pressure threshold, i can press deeper to get full accel and brake - the usual pressure with DS3 at full gas or brake is only about 50% on DS2 that i grab from my old PS2:)

I never use ABS, and this DS2 works perfectly, i can set BB at 5/3 or 4/2 for most cars and i can trail brake + throttle blip just fine with a hand controller ! BTW, i assigned gas with circle, brake with triangle, L1 and R1 for shifting gears, x for handbrake, and square for reverse, works like a charm.

Here's a video of my Chamonix West lap. I like to take a less popular car and, as I can't normally drive well on rally/snow in GT, I'm happy with my attempt. No shortcuts either. Time is a 2'14.2xx.

Ridox2JZGTE
Have you tried the Dualshock 2 from PS2 with a converter ? I read somewhere in this forum about it, have been using it and surprise : it works pretty well, the face buttons - x,o,triangle and square have better pressure threshold, i can press deeper to get full accel and brake - the usual pressure with DS3 at full gas or brake is only about 50% on DS2 that i grab from my old PS2:)

In fact a working 1:1 Xbox 360 -> PS3 controller converter would be perfect for me ;)

I've got my G25 still boxed up after renovation work, so eventually I use the wheel again. I'm just astonished Sony paid so little attention to the controller and the FFB is so basic.

But that's a good tip nevertheless!

Pretty tidy lap, Daan..neat and not sideways. Can u use a starion in the latest TT? I thought it was lancer evo only?

Latest Posts

Back