TT 35: Laguna Seca (SUSPENDED) & Chamonix West. [Post 1 for tunes!]

im doing the big old corner cut trick, so your time is rather quick id have to say!
im goona have a run with the stratos tomorrow was an absolute menace of a thing to drive last time i tried.

im doing the big old corner cut trick, so your time is rather quick id have to say!
im goona have a run with the stratos tomorrow was an absolute menace of a thing to drive last time i tried.

Try Praianos tune on it. Makes it a different animal.

I had a crack with the RS200 Rally car but would need to tune out the understeer to get closer that 4 seconds to my 111R time. I'll try the Stratos tonight.

try and get the chicane right, then try the stratos tomorrow

Regarding my earlier post about Praianos tune, my bad. That's a tarmac tune with RS tyres. The rally car is a nightmare on ice. I learnt the hard way last night! :lol:

I must say that this is the most fun I've had with a GT5 TT.

My friends and I are having a good battle with older cars.

picture.php

I'm in the Pajero Rally Raid now (after using the Starion), HFS is using a '95 Celica GT Four, and Famine was in an RS200. None of us care about getting a top time and it's just about beating each other. That's the way it should be.

Yeah, makes it a whole lot more fun, doesn't it? I'm in a competition so I have to use a quick car to set better times, but am also having fun using oddball cars as well.

So how many of the 75 44 guys ahead of me on the Chamonix leaderboard didn't take the shortcut? I'm assuming none of the top ten but there must be some non-off-piste drivers in the rest of the bunch. Anyone here that can put their hand up?

Last edited:
So how many of the 75 44 guys ahead of me on the Chamonix leaderboard didn't take the shortcut? I'm assuming none of the top ten but there must be some non-off-piste drivers in the rest of the bunch. Anyone here that can put their hand up?

It's a VERY impressive lap time if you did not use the snow bank. I give you a thumbs up.👍

It's a VERY impressive lap time if you did not use the snow bank. I give you a thumbs up.👍

Thanks, I've put a lot of work into it and didn't feel like taking the shortcut. After a few hours chasing one of GTPL_Amo's early ghosts I reckon the shortcut is worth about 1.6 seconds so on the same course, I'd still be a few seconds behind him.

Thanks, I've put a lot of work into it and didn't feel like taking the shortcut. After a few hours chasing one of GTPL_Amo's early ghosts I reckon the shortcut is worth about 1.6 seconds so on the same course, I'd still be a few seconds behind him.

Good stuff, man. You're obviously using the Lotus?

Good stuff, man. You're obviously using the Lotus?

Yes with Vivalafeng's tune. I keep thinking I can improve the tune but every change I've made has just made me slower. Then I go back to his settings and I'm suddenly back on the pace. The only successful change I've made was moving first and second gears up slightly to make it a bit quicker through the 4, 5, 6, 7 complex. It also helps with the chicane.

GTP_Plato
PD are going to surprise us with a stock TT so it's an even playing field :sly:

..... One can dream I suppose :dopey:

Let there be cones, too. Pure heaven that would be ;)

I don't understand why they can't just give us a car of their own, like a recommended car.

It'll be a much closer TT.

Sign me up, I'm there. Thats how these TT's should be run by PD anyway.

Absolutely.

Tuning, unfortunately, takes away from the pure driving skill.

That's why I dumped the tunes in post 1. I like all people to have access to great tunes.

An easy way to fix this is to give us a car without the ability to tune it.

Just one question:

What has happened with Amo? He appears in the leaderboards without the "GTPL_" in front of his name.

My polish is not very good :sly: so I am not able to understand the GTPL-forum.

During the discussion here I only understood, that the admins of GTPL were not happy that drivers of their team might have cheated.

Does anyone knows more?

Last edited:
Back