TT 38: 700PP Racecars @ La Sarthe 2009/600PP @ Grand Valley

14 hours since released and ranked no.22.
I still do not have the slightest clue how that guy ran a 3.17! That is utterly amazing.
I'll give Toyota GT-One a shot today, I still feel the 905 is the best option though.

Someone may want to give the 905 a try at 700pp. It ran the fastest back on the Spa TT several weeks ago.

Thats what I'm using is the 905 with the same tune I posted in that TT thread. Works great for me. The only thing I changed was the FG for higher top speed.

If you haven't got a 2j and a wheel set up you can forget hitting the top 100 on the grand valley time trial

@ D3ATHS1NBUNCH3S
it has more points
1. knowing the track
2. the Car Setup (LSD and High Top Speed is the key good topspeed can you buy up to 2 secs per Lap)
and
3. the guy behind the wheel

Course: Circuit de LeSarthe 2009

Car: Jaguar XJR-9 Race Car '88 Premium version(@700PP).

Time for gold--3:57.868

Slow, I know. Had to go to work.

Last edited:
If you haven't got a 2j and a wheel set up you can forget hitting the top 100 on the grand valley time trial

I'm using a DS3 and so is doodlemonopoly, lets see what happens. :)

EDIT: 1st and 2nd are using a pad.

14 hours since released and ranked no.22.
I still do not have the slightest clue how that guy ran a 3.17! That is utterly amazing.
I'll give Toyota GT-One a shot today, I still feel the 905 is the best option though.

I suspect all he does is drive around La Sarthe all day pretending he's a Le Mans driver or he has a car which is setup perfectly for those long straights.

Last edited:
my GT-ONE has same top speed bout 380 km/h ( 238 Mph ) before the braking points I`m "just" too slow in the corners :)

Peasantslayer

[/URL].

They are also using a 2j, I got 1.58.7 at grandvalley using ford gt no stripe which I thought was not bad, I reckon I could take another 3 to 4 seconds off that with a 2j, I need to get one :)

They are also using a 2j, I got 1.58.7 at grandvalley using ford gt no stripe which I thought was not bad, I reckon I could take another 3 to 4 seconds off that with a 2j, I need to get one :)

Often the 2J is the dominates at that sort of PP, send me a friend request if you want to borrow mine or send one to him because I will be using mine a lot.

By the way good times doodle and numbnuts. 👍

Thanks very much 👍
Im using Fobias tune from a previous tt at the 'Ring-Thanks Fobia 👍
I can't seem to get it turn in properly though-Probably me,rather than the car :)

I suspect all he does is drive around La Sarthe all day pretending he's a Le Mans driver.

Pmsl

P.S. dont use B_GAROOODS' replay,it's glitched and crashed my best run 👎

P.P.S. I'm using KB18FANs' tune with altered gearing for the 905-Thanks KB 👍

Last edited:

Half of the top 10 is using a DS3. I guess all the aliens are too busy with GT Academy right now. Usually Amo and the GTPL guys take over the top 20 on the first day.

I am using a DS3 and I am running 3:31.XXX consistently with a 905. Hopefully get it under 3:30 by next week.

Can someone tell me which manufacturer makes the 2J Race car and where it can be bought?

I can't remember ever seeing it for sale anywhere.

I'll likely buy one if I see one for sale as I'm usually at or near the $20 mil mark, however I don't really like driving racing cars as my reflexes are just not up to it anymore.

Easily won gold with a Minolta at La Sarthe and at Grand Valley with a GTR but will continue to try and improve my times using different cars.

I think that if Race Cars are called for then racing soft should be available when it's only a single lap, which is what would happen in real life, and after all, GT5 is "the real driving simulator."

And I am warming to the idea that dedicated race cars should not be allowed to use sports etc tyres, which would see them excluded from non 'Race Car' events.

Which of course would make it better for those of us without razor sharp reflexes, or a very high level of driving skill.

4:06 for gold? That's too slow, should be in the 3:40 range. Second lap gold in the same Toyota GT One as that tough Spa TT a few weeks ago, except you need a couple more ticks on the tranny top speed. Then the 598 pp GT-R R33 TC stock was an easy gold at Grand Valley. Forget the detuned 2J, it's a cheat car, only use if nothing else works and you want the gold.

my GT-ONE has same top speed bout 380 km/h ( 238 Mph ) before the braking points I`m "just" too slow in the corners :)

my bentley didn't go faster then 368km/h while my top end is 384km/h.
On this track both is very important, the high speeds and the cornering.

I'm gonna practice a little on this track, becouse the 1st lap i drove ( red time cus of the last corner :( was 3.34 and a few try's after, always red time cus of that freaking last corner before it actually even started, it was 3.33 white

Thanks very much 👍
Im using Fobias tune from a previous tt at the 'Ring-Thanks Fobia 👍
I can't seem to get it turn in properly though-Probably me,rather than the car :)

Pmsl

P.P.S. I'm using KB18FANs' tune with altered gearing for the 905-Thanks KB 👍

No problem. I'm currently working on a tune for the GT ONE. It seems to be better suited for this track than the 905. Will post the tune when I get it ironed out. Also gonna try a few other cars also like my Bently and the Audi Team Oreca. Both of those are among my best cars.

I didn't want to use the 2J, so I used my Amuse S2000 GT1. First lap, still beat the gold time by about 4 seconds. Too bad there is no additional gain if you underpower your car.

numbnuts70:

hey, i didn't glitched

I've got a decent time now at Grand Valley, I could do with a faster P1 because the current one is holding me up in places. :)

numbnuts70:

hey, i didn't glitched

Welcome, he didn't mean you cheated he meant that the game crashes when following your replay.

4:06 for gold? That's too slow, should be in the 3:40 range. Second lap gold in the same Toyota GT One as that tough Spa TT a few weeks ago, except you need a couple more ticks on the tranny top speed. Then the 598 pp GT-R R33 TC stock was an easy gold at Grand Valley. Forget the detuned 2J, it's a cheat car, only use if nothing else works and you want the gold.

Most touring cars will easily gold Grand Valley. If we use the 2J cars we'll get faster times but lose respect. It boils down to this: people will always take the shortest or, in this case, the easiest way to victory. It's human nature. Personally, I use an underpowered car with a good tune and forget about the Chapparal 2J. I challenge myself. That's where the fun is at for me. It's an iconic car to me but I try not to judge those who use it. I look at it as even though they're posting faster times than those who don't have the 2J (or simply refuse to use it in seasonals) they still must compete with each other(other 2J drivers). I let them have that battle and I have fun with cars which I choose to gold with. :) It doesn't make me a better person but I can sleep at night knowing I didn't judge them.

Most touring cars will easily gold Grand Valley. If we use the 2J cars we'll get faster times but lose respect. It boils down to this: people will always take the shortest or, in this case, the easiest way to victory. It's human nature. Personally, I use an underpowered car with a good tune and forget about the Chapparal 2J. I challenge myself. That's where the fun is at for me. It's an iconic car to me but I try not to judge those who use it. I look at it as even though they're posting faster times than those who don't have the 2J (or simply refuse to use it in seasonals) they still must compete with each other(other 2J drivers). I let them have that battle and I have fun with cars which I choose to gold with. :) It doesn't make me a better person but I can sleep at night knowing I didn't judge them.

I see what your saying but the gold times are often ridiculously slow in time trials, so my aim and most peoples here is to see how far up they can finish which is even more of a challenge.

Last edited:
I use my McLaren MP4 and was an easy gold on Grand Valley on the second lap.

Was looking for suggestions for La Sarthe and got it from you guys here, thanks.

numbnuts70:

hey, i didn't glitched

Hello-welcome to gtplanet-

You misunderstand.
Your lap was/is good.
I loaded your ghost lap and it crashed my Ps3-so the replay is bugged/glitched.
Hope this clears things up :)

Last edited:
192nd with the 2j in Grand Valley using ds3. Much better then my usual 1000 something!!! I guess people are too busy with gt academy...

I see what your saying but the gold times are often ridiculously slow in time trials, so my aim and most peoples here is to see how far up they can finish which is even more of a challenge.

Hence, my comment about those who wish to compete with the 2J. I must have said it wrong, sorry.

Depends on what different people consider to be a challenge. You say, people tend to take the shortest,easiest way to victory. Well, not quite mate. Once a car is found to be the fastest for a timetrial, some of us like to use that car to compete with all the fastest time setters. This in a way is a challenge in itself and lets you know how your Tuning and driving skills stack up against some of the fastest. This is what I for ,a fact do. Getting gold sometimes just isnt enough. :)

Depends on what different people consider to be a challenge. You say, people tend to take the shortest,easiest way to victory. Well, not quite mate. Once a car is found to be the fastest for a timetrial, some of us like to use that car to compete with all the fastest time setters. This in a way is a challenge in itself and lets you know how your Tuning and driving skills stack up against some of the fastest. This is what I for ,a fact do. Getting gold sometimes just isnt enough. :)

Ok, you simply restated what I said with different words.

"I look at it as even though they're posting faster times than those who don't have the 2J (or simply refuse to use it in seasonals) they still must compete with each other(other 2J drivers). I let them have that battle and I have fun with cars which I choose to gold with."

Back