TT 38: 700PP Racecars @ La Sarthe 2009/600PP @ Grand Valley

If this has been covered before I apologise...

I have noticed that in the top 20-30 places there are people using Traction Control, I never use it myself, just ABS on 1, as I believe it's more a test of skill without. Do you do as I and discount these times or do you think a time is a time whether aids are used or not.

At 41st thanks to a car on loan from BoroWillow

Last edited:
If this has been covered before I apologise...

I have noticed that in the top 20-30 places there are people using Traction Control, I never use it myself, just ABS on 1, as I believe it's more a test of skill without. Do you do as I and discount these times or do you think a time is a time whether aids are used or not.

At 41st thanks to a car on loan from BoroWillow

My opinion, that's all it is, but here goes: I believe without a doubt from watching the fastest guys on here(and R1600Turbo's first hand account of GT Academy settings used in Orlando) that this game was intended to be played ABS 1 and driver cam to get the most realistic settings possible(in the context of GT5). Anyone who uses those settings and posts a top time is the most skilled in my book. :gtpflag:...I hope we can all stay friends after I say this...

I saw ReSuperG_ spinning the car before the finish in P1.
What a cheeky *%:@!!! haha jk

Yea, I saw that. Just think, if he wouldn't have hit the e-brake before the line, his time would have been better yet. I agree, it was a hotshot move but hey, whatever. He holds P1, so if he wants to be a smartass, so be it I guess.

I saw ReSuperG_ spinning the car before the finish in P1.
What a cheeky *%:@!!! haha jk

When I first saw that lap I thought "you tw*t!" :D I reckon he loses just over 2 tenths by doing that and he still sets a time that makes everyone else look stupid. :eek:

My opinion, that's all it is, but here goes: I believe without a doubt from watching the fastest guys on here(and R1600Turbo's first hand account of GT Academy settings used in Orlando) that this game was intended to be played ABS 1 and driver cam to get the most realistic settings possible(in the context of GT5). Anyone who uses those settings and posts a top time is the most skilled in my book. :gtpflag:...I hope we can all stay friends after I say this...

Thanks Mike, it's nice to know I am not alone in thinking this :)

At 27th thanks to a car on loan from KB18FAN

Thanks Mike, it's nice to know I am not alone in thinking this :)

At 27th thanks to a car on loan from KB18FAN

hey, sorry for the generic term "guys" its a bad habit. I'm generally respectful of women. I apologize for that.

On grand valley I've been slightly ahead of P1 a few times going into the last chicane, I think I need a bit more practice without his ghost and I should be able to get into the 46s because I've been over 2 tenths quicker through sector 1 and 1-2 tenths through the 2nd sector.

On grand valley I've been slightly ahead of P1 a few times going into the last chicane, I think I need a bit more practice without his ghost and I should be able to get into the 46s because I've been over 2 tenths quicker through sector 1 and 1-2 tenths through the 2nd sector.

Go get 'em Peasant, you can do it!!

Quite fun the Grand Valley TT but easy to lose or gain tenths. Managed to make the top 10, very scruffy lap, not very good in a lot of areas, if I didn't mess up exit of last corner might have bumped me more into the top 10. Haven't tried tuning it specifically for the track but think the car already has what it takes to do a fast time, might be able to catch you after all Peasantslayer. What is your best first sector by the way? The corner before the sector reading can lose or gain a few tenths there, I've yet to nail that when I've done good first few corners.

Quite fun the Grand Valley TT but easy to lose or gain tenths. Managed to make the top 10, very scruffy lap, not very good in a lot of areas, if I didn't mess up exit of last corner might have bumped me more into the top 10. Haven't tried tuning it specifically for the track but think the car already has what it takes to do a fast time, might be able to catch you after all Peasantslayer. What is your best first sector by the way? The corner before the sector reading can lose or gain a few tenths there, I've yet to nail that when I've done good first few corners.

My best first sector so far is -0.295 on P1 I think, there are so many corners that can ruin the lap because of how twitchy the 2J is, it would be nice if we could do a UK 1-2.

Sorry, been a bit busy but just put my 2J back on share. I believe I got everyone added that wanted to try it. I haven't had much time to do this myself, just about a half hour last night and ended up just outside the leaderboards. Hopefully I can get another shot at it before it ends. Anyways, enjoy the car and hope it helps ya out. Changed the tune a bit. Its a bit loose, but if you can tame her, you'll do good. Peace.

May have to try the 2J, i did Grand Valley in NSX LM Prtotype, good car, bit loose but alot of fun. Done the Le-Mans TT in 1 of my Pescarolos, wasnt bad time 2.32xxx, play around in the C60 later today and tyr and get my time down bit more.

Nice Setup Thanks KB 👍
Just a few laps for 120th, although 3 seconds behind Peasantslayer & saidur.
Guys are flying! :crazy:

golded le mans in montoya's ganassi 42 car was eaay thougt it be much harder 905 time tommorrow can't wait to be back in a fast car
replay looks cool nascar @ le mans lol

I don't know if my perception is off or what, but it seems like there is more interest in the grand valley TT than Sarthe amongst those who often post here. This surprises me because I thought people were tired of using the 2j. I know a lot of folks have been busy with GTA, but still, there are more familiar names on the grand valley leaderboard than sarthe. I don't get it. :confused:

I don't know if my perception is off or what, but it seems like there is more interest in the grand valley TT than Sarthe amongst those who often post here. This surprises me because I thought people were tired of using the 2j. I know a lot of folks have been busy with GTA, but still, there are more familiar names on the grand valley leaderboard than sarthe. I don't get it. :confused:

I'm running Grand Valley because its one of my favorite tracks. I usually just stick with one time trial and run with it. Haven't had much time tho because starting yesturday I began some very intense daily physical therepy and before that all my time was spent on the Academy. I don't mind the 2J that much.
@ Pr1vatejoker: No problem my friend. Glad it helped you out.

I love GV and if this wasn't yet another 2J one-make TT I'd be workin it.

Of course the TTs always turn into one-make events but it's nice when it's a different car each time.

Well, it looks like I'm not going to get another chance to give this a good shot before it expires so good luck everyone. These 8 hour daily physical therepy sessions are just killing me right now. 3 more days then its back down to 3 times a week. Its been a long road and it doesn't seem to be getting any shorter. Ah well, such is life. Peace.

I think that maybe people get irritated by the absolutely ridiculous red lap penalties on this one. There are some corners where perfectly legal lines are penalised. And this in what is quite a long lap. So I reckon many people just move on.

Kaz & his team were called some pretty interesting names last night. :grumpy:

My best first sector so far is -0.295 on P1 I think, there are so many corners that can ruin the lap because of how twitchy the 2J is, it would be nice if we could do a UK 1-2.

Nice job on the P2 right now, I guess you took P1 for a brief period yesterday but REsuperG_ retook it almost immediately after switching on the ABS. Love sliding the 2J on this track, I had two runs at this since monday and I'm already down to a 1.47.7 . :crazy: Probably should've started earlier, I'll try and get a top 10 spot tonight. By the way; PeasantSlayer, what's your approach to the hairpin before the first tunnel? That's where I seem to lose a lot of time.

My guess for the next TT is Motegi.

Nice job on the P2 right now, I guess you took P1 for a brief period yesterday but REsuperG_ retook it almost immediately after switching on the ABS. Love sliding the 2J on this track, I had two runs at this since monday and I'm already down to a 1.47.7 . :crazy: Probably should've started earlier, I'll try and get a top 10 spot tonight. By the way; PeasantSlayer, what's your approach to the hairpin before the first tunnel? That's where I seem to lose a lot of time.

You have to brake quite lightly so that when you release the brake gently there is less understeer, I also like to give the handbrake a little dab in some corners just to get the back out slightly to prevent understeer or to turn a bit more sharply.

Last edited:
I was going to run this TT again but ended up racing online and then watching football so that's it for me regarding this 600PP TT.

I was going to run this TT again but ended up racing online and then watching football so that's it for me regarding this 600PP TT.

A very good effort considering your first lap was on Monday, good luck holding on to a top 10 spot, hopefully my time can hold on but I have a feeling sebRem is waiting until the last minute.

EDIT: B4NN4Mi is making a late charge. :nervous:

Last edited:
A very good effort considering your first lap was on Monday, good luck holding on to a top 10 spot, hopefully my time can hold on but I have a feeling sebRem is waiting until the last minute.

EDIT: B4NN4Mi is making a late charge. :nervous:
Hopefully I can hold onto top 10, will probably be my "worst" lap to be ever in the top 10 regarding how off potential I am compared to normal if I do stay in the top 10 that is. I wonder what the total player count for this TT is, there might be a drop compared to normal due to GT Academy.

Well done on your time, awesome time using the pad 👍. I don't get how people can have the mentality and precision to drive so well with a pad, I always find it amazing.

Hopefully I can hold onto top 10, will probably be my "worst" lap to be ever in the top 10 regarding how off potential I am compared to normal if I do stay in the top 10 that is. I wonder what the total player count for this TT is, there might be a drop compared to normal due to GT Academy.

Well done on your time, awesome time using the pad 👍. I don't get how people can have the mentality and precision to drive so well with a pad, I always find it amazing.

I find it much easier to drive the 2J with the pad, I found it hard trying to straighten the car up with the wheel.

I find it much easier to drive the 2J with the pad, I found it hard trying to straighten the car up with the wheel.
I find it hard on a pad due to requiring extra commitment / precision in corners as with steering wheel, you can adjust your line mid-corner more easily. Well done on getting 2nd 👍.

I find it hard on a pad due to requiring extra commitment / precision in corners as with steering wheel, you can adjust your line mid-corner more easily. Well done on getting 2nd 👍.

Thanks, when I have the grip I am faster with the wheel.

Back