TT 38: 700PP Racecars @ La Sarthe 2009/600PP @ Grand Valley

Did i now? :P Im sure I made a few changes lol

Sorry, to get off topic here but I must clarify. My original comment was in response to someone saying it was generally unfair for anyone to use the 2J in any seasonal. I was attempting to explain to him that people who use the 2J aren't competing unfairly as they still must compete against other 2J users. What I meant by that statement is its a challenge nonetheless. The part about golding was simply to show I choose a different challenge. I hope we can agree there are some of us who enjoy games for differents reasons. I just thought it was important to mention I agree with you. Its a challenge for you to use the 2J. :) On with the 700PP/600PP Seasonal#38!

Sorry, to get off topic here but I must clarify. My original comment was in response to someone saying it was generally unfair for anyone to use the 2J in any seasonal. I was attempting to explain to him that people who use the 2J aren't competing unfairly as they still must compete against other 2J users. What I meant by that statement is its a challenge nonetheless. The part about golding was simply to show I choose a different challenge. I hope we can agree there are some of us who enjoy games for differents reasons. I just thought it was important to mention I agree with you. Its a challenge for you to use the 2J. :) On with the 700PP/600PP Seasonal#38!

Alrighty then mate. Just for the record, I still dont own a 2J. Usin a BMW V12 LMR :). On with the seasonals it is.

Agreed. If not the 2j, then people would just find the next best car and everyone will use that car and then people will begin to complain about that next car. So what's the point...

I think the problem is that any 6xx pp event open to all cars becomes a 2J event. Would be nice to have events in the 600pp range with different vehicle restrictions so we can try different cars - or at least observe the top players using different cars. And if it's on sport tires, then keep race cars out of it.

I think the problem is that any 6xx pp event open to all cars becomes a 2J event. Would be nice to have events in the 600pp range with different vehicle restrictions so we can try different cars - or at least observe the top players using different cars. And if it's on sport tires, then keep race cars out of it.

2JSH.jpg

Try & get a 1970 ticket. Then save your game, open ticket, resave if necessary, etc. 'til you get it.
I must be doing something wrong, it saves before I get a chance to see what car it is, gave up creating accounts to get one

If anyone wants to try the Audi R8 at La Sarthe instead of just copying the leader, here's the setup I use. It's mostly praiano's tune with some small changes. No guarantees that it's any better than the stock setup! :D
Code:
731bhp 900kg 700pp.
No oil change (not dirty), no ballast and 93.3% PL.

Suspension
15/-15
12.7/10.4
9/2
7/2
7/4
1.0/1.0
-0.08/0.16

LSD
7/12/16

Aero
60/85

Brakes
7/5

Transmission
Tranny trick then these ratios
1st 3.856 (not used)
2nd 2.008
3rd 1.538
4th 1.239
5th 1.027
6th 0.873
FG 2.910

I used TC1 and AT but they don't make you either faster or slower, just easier to get around such a long lap without mistakes.

I'm getting a bit frustrated with Grand Valley, I've been 3 tenths down on zoo_itar's .7xx lap coming into the last sector a few times and I keep making stupid mistakes near the end. :banghead: You have to somehow be smooth and aggressive at the same time to get the most out of the 2J.

I did grand valley with a subaru impreza 540 pp. It got the job done, that was good enough for me. I don't like the circuit that much.

I did grand valley with a subaru impreza 540 pp. It got the job done, that was good enough for me. I don't like the circuit that much.

I didn't like it but it's starting to grow on me, I love flying over the top of the hill in the first sector. :)

Some real world time standards for Sarthe circuit

Audi R18 Etron * 3.23.787. * * * LM P1. ~ 650 pp
Oreca 03 Nissan. 3:38.181. * * *LM P2. * * * ~ 600 pp
Delta Wing Nissan *3:42.612. * * * * * * * * * * * ~* * 640 pp
Ferrari 458 Italia 3:56.484. LM GTE Pro. ~ *550 pp

Last place qualifier :

Porsche 911 RSR (997). *4:03.661. *~ *540 pp * * *

Looks like Audi and Toyota are having a good battle at 4 hrs, 2 and 2 in top four, same lap and running 3:28 3:32 range.

Agreed. If not the 2j, then people would just find the next best car and everyone will use that car and then people will begin to complain about that next car. So what's the point...

Either everyone gets the 2J or nobody gets the 2J, like most other balanced competitions

What we definitely need is a endurance race. 2 hrs. Le Mans, different PP-levels.
Would be awesome :)

9th place in the Le mans there is a guy named "C_car1". He used an R92cp, no traction control, no ABS, with a DS3. HOW THE ****?

The Grand Valley TT is starting to look good for me now, I've took out 2 tenths today and I feel as if I'm getting better with every lap.

9th place in the Le mans there is a guy named "C_car1". He used an R92cp, no traction control, no ABS, with a DS3. HOW THE ****?

Before I looked I thought to myself "I bet he's from Japan". :)

For those of you that find the 2J a bit boring...

I've been tooling around with a bunch of different cars this evening on Grand Valley trying to see which one can go the fastest and be fun at the same time.

And I think I've found one you might all enjoy - the Audi R8 4.2 FSI R Tronic '07!

I only had this car in my garage because it was popular on another recent TT, and whatever tune was on it I probably either copied or derived from something posted here on the forums.

Well when I first drove it around Grand Valley it felt quite a bit "spongy" and I couldn't really do much better than the other cars I'd been trying, like the Ferrari 458 Italia.

Now I'm not much of a tuner, but I thought I'd see if I could make a few tweaks and get some better handling and a faster lap time out of it. Well I have to say I'm pretty proud of what I came up with. The tune suits my driving style, the car is a blast to drive now, and I was able to record a 2:02.568 with it, which is 2 seconds faster than I had mustered with any of the other cars I've tried.

I'm definitely not the fastest guy out there so I'm sure some of you can shave at least a couple of seconds off that and get under 2 minutes.

In any case I figure I'll share the setup for any of you that want to give it a try. As I said, I don't take full credit for this tune as I'm sure the basis is Praiano somewhere, but I do take credit for the modifications :)

Audi R8 4.2 FSI R Tronic '07
676 HP / 1478 kg / 600 pp - Tuned for TT 38 / Grand Valley

Parts / Adjustments
Weight Reduction - 1
ECU Tuning
Engine Tuning - 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust
High RPM Turbo
Clutch : Twin-Plate
Flywheel : Semi-Racing
Torque Sensing Center Differential

Body / Chassis
Aero Downforce : 35
Ballast : 75 kg / Position : 0

Suspension
Ride Height: -12 / -15
Spring Rate: 14.5 / 14.9
Dampers Ext: 8 / 8
Dampers Cmp: 7 / 8
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 / 2

Camber: 2.2 / 2.0
Toe: -0.04 / +0.17

Brake Balance: 6/7

Differential
Front: 10 / 25 / 8
Rear: 10 / 25 / 5
Torque Split: 40F / 60R

Transmission:
Reset to Default
Final Gear: Slide all the way to right
Top Speed: All the way to left (124 mph)

1st : 3.270
2nd : 2.533
3rd : 2.019
4th : 1.653
5th : 1.399
6th : 1.217
Final Gear: 3.105

(Top speed in upper right should be 192)

To set this transmission I used the technique outlined here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5964872#post5964872

Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did! :cheers:

tune for toyota gt-one
quite good in the slower stuff im not sure if its me or the car thats lacking in the quick stuff(good chance its me), any feed back would be great. i think some of the gears might be in the wrong spots
high rpm turbo
86.8% power
0/0
12.4/10.4
5/2
3/3
2/1
2.0/1.0
-0.10/0.20
5/5/20
60/85 wing
6/4 brakes
gears
final

tune for toyota gt-one
quite good in the slower stuff im not sure if its me or the car thats lacking in the quick stuff(good chance its me), any feed back would be great. i think some of the gears might be in the wrong spots
high rpm turbo
86.8% power
0/0
12.4/10.4
5/2
3/3
2/1
2.0/1.0
-0.10/0.20
5/5/20
60/85 wing
6/4 brakes
gears
final

Thanks for posting this. I've been struggling with my setup, esp LSD. I copied your suspension and LSD settings (but went less on the wing - 50/70) and it made a huge difference in handling and acceleration. Much easier to drive with your setup. Took .900 off my time (3:23.2xx). Thanks again.

I'm using the Grand Valley TT to test some 500-600pp cars I've been keeping in my garage without driving them once. My best time so far is a 1:58:251 in a Mobil NSX '01, does anyone have a suggestion which car will get me a faster laptime:) ? I don't own a 2J yet.

I'm using the Grand Valley TT to test some 500-600pp cars I've been keeping in my garage without driving them once. My best time so far is a 1:58:251 in a Mobil NSX '01, does anyone have a suggestion which car will get me a faster laptime:) ? I don't own a 2J yet.

I golded with the BNR-34 Mine's GT-R.

Last edited:
bongwasser

I believe the Takata Dome NSX is faster slightly

Next to the 2J, I'd bet on the FTO Super Touring car being one of the fastest/easiest. Especially on S/H tires with its 4WD.

I golded with the BNR-34 Mine's GT-R. If you don't have that i'll try to make a list tonight and you could choose from a larger selection.

Yeah I got the BNR-34, not sure why I haven't tried it yet.

I golded this event with a lot of cars; I think the closest I came to the NSX time was with the CT230R '08 which is running great on a Clueless tune, but not so on S/H. My first gold lap got me the GT-R N24 Schulze MS.

Thanks for the other suggestions, I tried every other NSX I have in my garage and couldn't reach the Mobil NSX time. Not sure if I own the FTO SuperTouring Car.

Edit: I don't have the FTO Super Touring Car / cannot beat my time with the BNR-34 Mine's GT-R. Is a fun car to drive tho :)

Last edited:
I was talking about the standard Takata not the premium

So was I. Standard vs standard.

Those 2 cars seem to be the fastest Super GT cars in the game by a fair margin, at a given PP.

I base this not just on my experience but on conversations I've had with drivers much more capable than myself.

I realize the TD NSX has a very slightly faster time in the Nordschleife lap time thread but that could be (and in my opinion is) due to normal variations on a track as long as the ring. Even if the slight difference is real those numbers were run stock. Once you tune them it's a new game.

Last edited:
My 2J is tuned and on share for anyone that wants to use it. Peasantslayer just took it for a spin and got 3rd with it so its decent.

My 2J is tuned and on share for anyone that wants to use it. Peasantslayer just took it for a spin and got 3rd with it so its decent.

I did indeed, thanks :) I've been going up against 2nd's ghost and it definitely has the potential to beat him, I lowered the overall gearing to 193 mph overall because the 2J's acceleration is bad for all the power it has.

Back