TTWRS Week 1: Speedin' In Spain

• Thread starter Iceman
  • 98 comments
To be honest, I haven't had the time to do this combo justice. And won't have till tomorrow night or monday.

Action packed weekend! (yeah I wish! :sly: )

Neil

My hands hurt. Been on this a couple of hours today, and STILL haven't broken 50 seconds on the first split! On the other hand, I'm in the 1:16's at the second, so that section is coming along. I'm having trouble finding reference points on this track, so I'm not consistent at all. And to be honest, in some of the series races I've played, Valencia is the last track, and I had already clinched the points lead, so I'd skip it. :grumpy: Haven't spent much time on this track.

Edit: Couple hours later, 30 minutes of practice. My ghost lap is now at 49.8 and 1:15.9, and the final sector is good enough that the several times I've been ahead of the splits, I've lost at the line to the ghost. I must have really nailed the right-hand turn before the long sweeper! I've had a 1:15.4-something at the second split and lost to the ghost by 2 or 3 lengths!

Tomorrow is the US GP, the British MotoGP, and in the US we have both MotoGP and 250s on tomorrow, unlike many weekends where we have to wait till tuesday to see the "minor" races. Don't know how much practice time I'll get.

750F-RM
hi tom :) that's a hot t2 👍 :cool: i'm hoping for a 1:13 myself later
Thanks! That was my first 1:13 in that sector, all others right at the low 1:14's, i was shocked when I saw that sector time myself :)

Off to work after about 20 ish laps
49.3xx
1:15.3XX
will only have a couple hours tomorrow to try and a couple tues!
HUGE difference on this bike, nice times 750 and ice :)

Gawd!

Spent since 10.30 this morning either cooking, drinking, watching bike racing, watching car racing (including 2 laps of the GP :boggled: :indiff: )

Not touched the PS2 today but got the lads round tomoz night for an evening of TT, so will get to this then.

Neil

Hey Ice, just a general question about the weekly race. Would it be able to post replays of the top times after each qualifier/race? (with consent of the owner of course). After looking at the times people are posting I see now that I've still got a lot to learn.

After each race a results thread is posted where replays of the race can be uploaded. The replays for the qualifier have to be withheld but all races from now on will allow replay posting (provided the race results are posted of course).

icemanshooter23
After each race a results thread is posted where replays of the race can be uploaded. The replays for the qualifier have to be withheld but all races from now on will allow replay posting (provided the race results are posted of course).

Sweet. That's awesome.

Things are going well :D

IMG_0002.jpg

OKay so I found another 30 min last nite, b/c of the BC I only spent about 75 min on this race and here is what I've done:
EDIT: Well I too was using the wrong bike...ARGH! No time for me this week, internet was down last night and I thought I had the right bike...o well I'll be around next week I wager.

Jerome

jump_ace
OKay so I found another 30 min last nite, b/c of the BC I only spent about 75 min on this race and here is what I've done:
EDIT: Well I too was using the wrong bike...ARGH! No time for me this week, internet was down last night and I thought I had the right bike...o well I'll be around next week I wager.

Jerome

I feel your pain, it looked so similar I thought we just carried over the same bike from qualifying, they look really close.

so far today I improved a tad

Yeah, live and let live I guess. Lookin forward to next week tho, I hope I have the next bike..if not a quick description on how to get it would be nice 👍

Jerome

jump_ace
Yeah, live and let live I guess. Lookin forward to next week tho, I hope I have the next bike..if not a quick description on how to get it would be nice 👍

Jerome
arcade mode time trail, you should have the bike bro

Time submitted, sadly pretty dire but i only had a couple hours from finishingthe qualifying one, ahh well just wnated to turn one in :)

Actually I have this week's bike and my first splits (1:15.8 I think) was on the right bike...I"m just wondering about the weeks to come I haven't touched any of the races yet.....when is the deadline, still tuesdays? Just curious.

Jerome

hi all :) i had t2 times of 1:13.999 and 1:13.754 yesterday, but lost the plot in the next 2
turns. no improvement on the lap time that went with my t2 of 1:14.042.

time submitted, and roll on #2 :D

Back