Tuner Garages

• Thread starter Kent
  • 2,497 comments
Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know that I am going to post the first week of the first stage on this saturday (sometime in the middle of the day based on my time).
I'll lay out all the specifics in that post.

Also, to all who have sent me a PM about being a judge- count yourself in as long as you aren't submitting a tuner.

About the Names... That will all be in the first stage's directions. 👍

So until this weekend,
- :cheers:

Can't wait for this. Hoping to see people bust out more uncommon cars to tune just to show that their favorite cars can hold up to the Supras, S2000s, Skylines and RX-7s :). I know I'll be doing it, anyway.

I've updated the first post to represent the changes I've made...

This is now the "create-a-tuner" thread.
No more touge showdown style or track specific tuning... Now it's just about creating interesting cars to use during our GT mode fun time.

I've changed the number of classes. I am sure the 75hp class will be promising for you 64hp junkies who'd like to add an exhaust system, and I'm sure the Unlimited class will be promising for those who would like to prove the Skyline is the fastest Normal street car in the game.

In any case, the original idea didn't seem like it would work out very well and I feel like this is a good substitute.

Please be sure to re-read the first post.
Remember that HP (not the weight!), oh, and I've removed Tire restrictions for the most part... Now you can use either N or S tires in any class and it is the tuner's decision. This way the tuner is charged with picking the tires that fit each car the best. 👍

Have fun and be sure to post something that's fun to drive!

So this is no longer a competition?

Nope, I had a very under-whelming response when in the last week where I was waiting for feedback regarding judges and participants.

At this point, with the limited number of people interested in judging or submitting, I think it would be best to go with pretty much the same idea only no timeline and no real competition.

I'm looking forward to submitting a car myself. :sly:
But I'm also looking forward to judging cars (and hopefully enjoying the ride).

If there's really a sense of competition going then I may consider re-visiting the idea of a competition, but in the mean time I would just like to see how many people are interested in tuning like me. :D

I can tell you guys now that my first submission is going to be a FF. :mischievous:
A 75HP Mazda AZ-1 may come after that but for now I've got my eyes on something with a bit more power.

So to answer the question very simply...
No, this is not a competition.
Now it is a place for people to have their tuning judged without a competition element or time limit. 👍

Hope that doesn't kill the idea for you all.
If it does, so be it... Sorry but hey, atleast I tried to get the ball rollling. :cheers:

So basically, we tune it to be fun? This should be interesting. Expect something soon.

This Accord was built for a multi-task role. Modifications were kept to a "stage 2" level for cost, performance, and A-spec potential. This is the ultimate all-around FWD four-door.

Figures:
Total Cost: 85,000Cr. - 120,000Cr.
L4: DOHC
1998cc
247HP/8000rpm (runs to 9000)
170ft.lb/6000
1223KG (stage 2 w.r.)
4.884 PWR
Front Engine Front Wheel Drive

Parts:
Weight Reduction Stage 2, Sports Tires, Full Custom Race Suspension, Full Custom Race Transmission, Optional levels of Clutch and Flywheel upgrades, Full Custom LSD, Port & Polish, Engine Balancing, Sports Exhaust, Racing Brakes and Brake Balancer are Optional.

Settings:
All settings are stock unless otherwise noted.
Full Custom Transmissions should be tuned in a track-specific manner.
Full Custom Racing Suspension:
(Front/Rear)
9.0/7.0 Springs
125/126 Ride Height
6/7 Bound
6/7 Rebound
1.5/2.5 Camber
0/0 Toe
4/4 Stabilizers

Testing:
(approximately 80 test miles on S2 & S3 Tires)
Tsukuba: Under 1'06
Nurburgring: Approximately 8'10
130+ A-Spec Points in Honda's "Type-R Meeting"
"182" A-Spec Points in Nurburgring 4hour (S3 tires)

Notes:
Wheel spin was never a problem on Tsukuba or Nurburgring, although the Ring did bring out oversteer problems when off the racing line. The engine sounds great and revs like a champ. Great car, had a blast preparing this car for submission.

Let me know if you do a test drive, I'd love to hear your opinions. :cheers:

well well, this looks promising. if you have no problem with it, I'll enter some of my multiple R32 GT-R V-Spec II's into this. So, if I got this right, all I need to do is create a tuner car, that some others will test drive and rate it? I believe that MFT GT-R will be a nasty surprise to some cars that have higher power. This particular setup has already showed it's potential on Nurb in a competition that took part in IDW.

Car:Honda CR-X SiR 90'
Total Spent:20,000

Parts:
NA tune II, ECU, S3, racing flywhell, wieght reduction 1

Stats
HP:205@7600RPM
Ft/LB:144.30@7000RPM
Mass:956KG(2107lbs)
Engine type: L4 DOHC
Displacement: 1595CC

Lap time @ Tsukuba was 1:07:5XX
very little whell spin with the S3 tryes

CAN'T POST A PICTURE AS I CAN'T FIND MY FLASH DRIVE

EDIT: still can't find my flash drive but used my camera do get a bad photo of the nice car

Attachments

• IMG_0762.jpg
    IMG_0762.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 99
Here it is folks, my first entry!

1983 Toyota Corolla Levin ( UberLevin)

All upgrades (stage 5 turbo, chassis refresh, racing brakes/ controller, original race suspension etc.)

Running on S2 tyres

Oil change.

Suspension setup: Spring rate F= 7.0 R= 7.5

Ride Height 120 120

Shocks 8 8

Camber 2.5 1.5

Toe 0 -2

Anti-roll 4 7

Gear ratios 1st 2.486 2nd 1.720 3rd 1.336 4th 1.063 5th 0.856 6th 0.739

Final drive 4.300 Autoset 13

Brakes F=5 R=5

Rear end ratios stock

ballast weight 0 F/R weight balance 5

There! all done. :)

I've got a couple that you guys might like.

The first is an EG6 Civic SiR II. Power is about the same as mrnoname's CRX. I was trying to duplicate the Seeker EG6 shown on Touge Showdown. It had a B18C swap, so I did the displacement up to reflect that. The car monstered Tsuchiya's Monster Hachiroku with it's superior torque/power/displacement and cornered very well. I tried to reflect that cornering ability in my settings. Gearing is extra short to maximize acceleration, improve sensation of speed and mask lack of power.

Part List: Semi-Race Exhaust, Sports Chip, NA Tune Stage 1, Displacement Up, Full-Customize Transmission, 1-Way LSD, Stage 3 Weight Reduction, Original suspension, Roll cage, S3 Tires.

Suspension
Spring Rate: 17.5/19.5
Ride Height: 93/98
Shock Absorbers: 3/3
Camber: 0.0/0.0
Toe: 0/1
Stabilizers: 5/5

LSD: N/A

Downforce: N/A

Driving Aids: N/A

Brake Controller:
Brakes: 3/3

Transmission
1st:
2nd:
3rd:
4th:
5th:
6th:
Final Ratio: 5.500
Autoset: 7

Enjoy!

One of my Touge warriors I have in my line up is my 2002 Mini Cooper-S. sitting on gloss black alloys the pure silver metallic Mini was chosen by me because of its gear box and it has a pretty good power to weight ration for a European car. I first noticed the mountain racing potential of the Mini when I bought the DVD "Chasing the Touge". I will be testing this car on El Capitan (my home course). Im trying to compete in the 200hp class but iam a bit short of those numbers (193hp-196) with oilchange. Hopefully it wont matter.

MODS
  • Stage 2 exhaust and filter
  • Racing Breaks
  • N/A tuning stage 1
  • Racing chip
  • Twin plate clutch
  • Semi racing flywheel
  • LSD 1.5way
  • Semi racing suspension
  • Tires: N2 or S2 (I wasnt sure what the judges preferred)
  • Stage 1 weight reduction (I like to just imagine the removal of rear seats and replacement of front body panels with fiberglass or carbon fiber:dopey: )

SETTINGS
Semi Racing Suspension
  • Spring Rate (mm)- 4.4f & 4.0r
  • Ride Height(mm)-116 & 116
  • Shock Asorber-6 & 7
  • Camber Angel- 1.5 & 1.5

TCS has been been turned off. With these basic mods and settings the car handles great rarely understeering unless pushed to hard or taking a bad line. My first lap on El Capitan with these settings I landed a 2'06.819. But im pretty sure I can shaved that time down a sec or two with a few laps of practice.

***Update***
Originally this car was set up for touge but i wanted it to perform at is prime nomatter what type of course/road it was on. I test drove it a Tskuba just to see were it would land. I was disapointed with the results putting me in the mid 1'08.s. So I started tweaking and also realized that I could use the S3 tires (currently using S2s). So using the softer compound tires and an hour of tweaking and test driving on Tskuba and El Capitan I took about a second off each record: Tskuba--1'07.202 & El Capitan--2'05.505
I think my Soprano Editon Mini and Mr. Nonames CRX SI could have a pretty good battle on Tskuba, I notice his record was in the 1'07.s also.

The new Suspension Numbers are:
Spring Rate__ 4.8rear & 3.8front
Ride Height__ 116 & 117
Shock Abs__ 7 & 7
Camber__ 2.5 & 1.8

///Pics will be posted within the next 3 days after I get my Flash///

Well I'm glad to see some submissions... I'll give the builds and settings a try for each as I get the time to do so.
In the mean time I've linked all of the submissions in the first thread to their original post.
RICHARO's Levin went into the Unlimited class since I didn't know the HP. I can fix that once I know where it was supposed to go.

I'd love to see all of the categories get atleast one submission, so if you have a submission you are keeping tucked away please feel free to submit.

I'll be back with a submission for one of the untouched classes... until then,
-Kent

Btw, I love the Front wheel drivers up there... Oh, and my untouched class will probably be higher hp and not down in the 75 area. :mischievous:

Here is my first entry to this comeptition, good idea btw.

As soon as I saw that you could buy a Mirage Cyborg RS, i immediately wanted to build an exact copy of the cars that ran in the Ralliart Mirage Cup, here in Australia a few years ago. Unfortunately, I got a bit carried away in the engine shop and the car is too powerful now (227hp) with excessive wheel spin in the lower gears.

MODS
Race exhaust and filter
Racing Brakes
N/A tuning stage 2
Racing chip
Twin plate clutch
Racing flywheel
LSD 1.5way
Racing suspension
fully customisable transmission
Tyres: R1 or S2 (The Ralliart Mirage cup was run on slicks, but now the cars run in the Improved Production class on Yokohama Advan R radials.)
Stage 1 weight reduction

SETTINGS
Racing Suspension
Spring Rate 10 on R1s & 8 on S2s
Ride Height(mm)-100mm
Shock Asorber-7 & 7
Camber Angle- 4.0 & 1.5
I have used +1 & +1 for the toe settings, but after reading an 11 page thread yesterday on alignments, i think i'll give 0 & 0 a try.
I selected auto gear set 6, then i adjusted 5th gear to exactly 1:1, i also lowered first gear to about 2.6:1. These cars are actually a 5 speed in RL, so i make sure i never use 6th gear. I leave the gear ratios alone and change final drive ratios from track to track.

Heres my entry: 1962 Mazda Carol 360 Deluxe set up for lapping the Ring'

Fully modified to the max! Everything except the roll cage. The little 358cc engine pumps out a STAGGERING 54hp@7000rpm, and 39.35ft/lbs of torque @ 3000rpm.

Settings:
Springs 9.3/9.0
Ride height 122 all around
bound/rebound 8/8
Camber 2/1
Toe 0/0
Stabilizers 4/4

Brakes: 3/5
Nitrous set for max power.
No driving aids.
Gears:
1st 2.390
2nd 1.662
3rd 1.213
4th .943
5th .766
final 4.891

I'll probably try to get either the settings of my Old Fairlady (70's?) Or my Pao.

Fear the 13b........ for all who oppose its mighty strength will be crushed!! :scared:

On a lighter side note I have a Civic setup (Eg of course), that is pretty good! :)

Back