Tuner Garages

• Thread starter Kent
  • 2,497 comments
No sign-up needed. Just submit your car and include whatever you wish (as long as you include the required data like car name and specs).

Feel free to post pictures, replays, commentary, or anything else. Just try to keep the post looking good so all of us will want to read it. :cheers:

Hey Kent, i am really glad to see you started this post, this is exactly what i was looking for to quench my thirst for testing setups. I for one am not much of a tuner, but really do enjoy lapping a circuit trying to improve lap times. I had recently started a thread for GT LITES, similar to this but just for fully tuned cars with nill to very light power mods, This thread actually does that, but also allows people to tune an array of HP requirements, well done. As for your Euro-R, i decided to give it a go around Tskuba, and i had a hoot, that engine really does sound great. I posted a best lap time of 1'06.3 out of a 5 lap time attack. I'm sure it can go quicker, turn in felt a tad weak if you miss your line, but overall it was very good. Gonna go back and run some more laps, thanks again.

Project ITR Street-Tune 262HP
IMG0000.jpg

Full customization with out weight reduction, roll cage or turbo, and running sports exhaust, no N/A tune-up.
Suspension and LSD settings are taken off my Nurburgring time-attack ITR, it doesn't feel great and could be better.

Original Suspension:
F/R
Springs 6.9/6.5
Ride Height 92/92
Damper 6/6
Camber 1.8/0.5
Toe 0/0
Stabilizers 3/4

LSD
10/30/5

El Capitan 1'59.XXX
Tsukuba 1'04.978
Wheel spin is sort of a problem and haven't yet dialled it out.
Running on S3 tyres

NISMO 270R 94'

Stats:
Engine type: L4 DOHC
Displacement: 1998cc
Mass: 1165(2568lb)
HP:344@6000RPM
Torque:318.61ft.lb@4800RPM

Set Up
Exhaust: Semi racing
Computer:equiped
Tyres:
Front: S3
Rear: S3
NOS: none
Turbo: type 1
Intercooler: Racing
Suspension:
Spring rate
Front: 8.5 kgt/mm
Rear:10.0kgt/mm
Ride height:
Front:83mm
Rear:83mm
Damber bound:
Front:4
Rear:5
Damper rebound
Rear:5
Camber angle
Front:2.0
Rear:1.0
Toe:
Front:0
Rear:0
Stabiliser:
Rear:4

Tranny:Racing-leave it

Clutch: triple
FLywheel: racing
Shaft:Equiped

Aids off

LSD: none

img07665hv.jpg

Here's my second entry in this tuning competition. I have built up an exact copy of a car I used to race in the Historic Touring Car class in Australia. You can check us out at www.historictouringcars.com.au

Red Datsun 1600 (Nissan 510).
Stage 2 NA tune
Port & polish
Engine balance
Semi race exhaust
Semi race flywheel
standard gearbox
standard clutch
fully customisable differential
standard brakes
race suspension
SM or S2 tyres
roll cage, but no chassis refresh
no weight reduction & 20kg ballast
oil change

This gives 125hp & 950kg which is just what my old car had.

Drop the ride height to minimum (125mm), 7 or 8 on the dampers, 10 on the springs, 4 degrees camber on the front, 2.5 degrees on the rear, 4 on the front sway bar and 2 on the rear. 1 degree of toe-in at the front and 1 degree of toe-out at the rear. Set the Differential to 60/60/60, to simulate a welded diff. No driver aids!

Of course these settings probably won't give maximum performance, but they match my old car and that was the point of the exercise for me. After driving it last night, i was amazed at how similar it was to the real thing and how many old memories came back. Corner speed is excellent, but acceleration is rather leisurely. :)

My best time at Tsukuba was 1:16.8

This is a great idea. I already am starting to test the tunes. My goal is to test most if not all and write a review of it. Hopefully that people can tell what is liked and disliked on the setup basically like car and driver or BMI would do. It would really be cool if there were people close enough that they could get a good xlink match and battle the cars against each other in the seperate classes and post the winner:idea: . Ahhh the possibilities. Did I mention this was a good idea. It is!👍

The first is an EG6 Civic SiR II. Power is about the same as mrnoname's CRX. I was trying to duplicate the Seeker EG6 shown on Touge Showdown. It had a B18C swap, so I did the displacement up to reflect that. The car monstered Tsuchiya's Monster Hachiroku with it's superior torque/power/displacement and cornered very well. I tried to reflect that cornering ability in my settings. Gearing is extra short to maximize acceleration, improve sensation of speed and mask lack of power.

Was that the red EG hatch that had the flashing strobes in the headlights? I was also trying to make one like that, I just couldnt get the handling to be that great. I think it was also turbo wasnt it? It was a very nice car if its the same one I am thinking of.

ill post my setup for a ford GT that i tuned to 710 hp possibly wednesday
the car has to have driving aids on it otherwise it will run away from you

IMG0002.jpg

1991 Nissan Silvia K's (S13)

Modifications:
Racing Exhaust
Port And Polish
Engine Balance
Racing Chip
Original Turbine Kit
Racing Intercooler
Nitrous
Racing Brakes
Racing Suspension
Full Customize Transmission
Triple Plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
Full Customize Limited Slip Differential
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Rigidity Refresher Plan
Roll Cage
Sports Soft Tires

416 BHP
100 HP Shot Of Nitrous

Settings F/R:
Spring Rate 3.6/3.6
Ride Hight 108/108
Shock Bound 3/3
Shock Rebound 8/8
Camber Angle 2.0/1.0
Toe Angle 0/0
Stabilizers 4/4

Transmission Changes With Track
Downforce 30/30

Best Time Around The Nurburgring: 7:50.351
Best Time Around Tsukuba: 53.137
Best 1/4 Mile Time: 12.930
Top Speed: 246.37

I love the way that this car handles the over all balance of this car is awesome, I love it so much that I don't drive anything else anymore and the car gets even better when you put racing tires :)

I finally picked up my flashdrive (Memorex Mini Travel) and I have the pics of "Soprano Edition Mini" (details on page 3 of thread) so enjoy!

OK here is my second entry, this is for the 200HP class.
ENJOY!:)

IMG0000.jpg

1983 Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX (AE86)

Modifications:
Racing Exhaust
Sports Racing Chip
Stage 1 NA Tuning
Port And Polish
Engine Balance
Nitrous
Racing Brakes
Racing Suspension
Full Customize Transmission
Triple-Plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
Full Customize Limited-Slip
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Rigidity Refresher Plan
Roll Cage
Sports Soft Tires

182 HP
100 HP Shot Of Nitrous

Settings F/R:
Spring Rate 3.2/3.6
Ride Hight 109/109
Shock Bound 3/3
Shock Rebound 8/8
Camber Angle 2.0/1.0
Toe Angle 0/0
Stabilizers 4/4

Transmission: Changes With Track

Best Time Around Tsukuba: 1:05.533
Best Time Around Tsukuba With Nitrous: 1:02.649
Best Time Around Nurburgring: 8:30.170
Best 1/4 Mile Time: 13.240
Top Speed 190.18

Was that the red EG hatch that had the flashing strobes in the headlights? I was also trying to make one like that, I just couldnt get the handling to be that great. I think it was also turbo wasnt it? It was a very nice car if its the same one I am thinking of.

Yeah, that was their second car. They also had a black car appear first. Beleive it or not, the car was NA! All they did was a B18 Type-R swap, and when they had the black car, they promised to add some 'special pistons' for next time. I don't know if the red car had them, but it killed Fujita Engineering's(they might be 2nd to RE Amemiya in rotary tuning) RX-8 by 4-5 carlengths in a touge race. :sly:

Yeah, that was their second car. They also had a black car appear first. Beleive it or not, the car was NA! All they did was a B18 Type-R swap, and when they had the black car, they promised to add some 'special pistons' for next time. I don't know if the red car had them, but it killed Fujita Engineering's(they might be 2nd to RE Amemiya in rotary tuning) RX-8 by 4-5 carlengths in a touge race. :sly:

I have an episode that was the touge championship I guess they call it. I am going to go back and rewatch. I really liked that hatch.

Updated to this post...

Some great looking works coming out of you all. 👍
I'm looking forward to finding time for testing some of them but school's crazy right now and just finding the time for updates and posting is hard enough.

Hopefully I'll have more to say next time.
Until then, keep the entries coming and make sure you have fun creating them (and make sure the product is a good quality tuner!).

Umm just a quick question, dose nitrous count towards the total HP? because if it dose I think that it is a little wacky, because you have a limited supply of it so it shouldn't count.

2005 FORD GT unlimited HP class

Power-710 hp
torque-616 ft lbs

buy the following
race exhaust
n/a tune #2
s3 tires
racing brakes
brake controller
full custom transmission
triple plate clutch
race flywheel
full custom LSD
port and polish
engine balancing
SETTINGS
suspension
spring rate F=11.6 r= 13.0
ride height F= 98 R= 98
shock bound F= 4 R= 4
shock rebound f=8 r=8
camber f=2.0 r= 1.0
toe f=0 r=0
stabilizer f=5 r=5

transmission
1st 3.649
2nd 2.329
3rd 1.647
4th 1.226
5th 0.961
6th 0.793
final 3.360
auto set 13

Limited slip- leave it as is
brakes
f=8 r=8
asm and TCS- leave it on
NOTE: i havent really tested this setup on the 0-1000m etc but it is horrendusly fast so, enjoy

348hp Street Swag GS 300
IMG0073.jpg

Semi Racing Exhaust
Port & Polish
Engine Balancing
Carbon Driveshaft
Sports Computer Chip
Sports(s3) Tires Fnt & Rear
Nitrous Equipped
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller
Racing Suspension
Fully Customize Tranny
Twin Plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
1.5 LSD
(no driving aids)

Susp. Settings

SP. RTE. = 8.6f 7.6r
RD. HGT. = 109f 111r
SHK. BND. = 3f 2r
SHK. RBND. = 6f 4r
CMBR. 2.5f 0.8r
Toe = 0f 0r
STBL. = 3f 4r

Tran. Settings
1st 2.890
2nd 1.883
3rd 1.337
4th 1.005
5th 0.800
Final 3.000

I'm not sure if it's much of a tuner, but I tried to build a copy of the factory-built Ford Mustang FR500GT. Unfortunately, it is rated at ~534 bhp by Road & Track, which puts it out of most categories, so I limited it to <500 bhp. Since it is actually supposed to be a race car, I put R-grade tires on it.

The upgrades included:
R1-R4 grades of tires
Stage 1 Lightweight (R&T lists the curb-weight as 3300lbs, so you'll need to add ballast accordingly ~80-100kg)
Roll-cage
your choice of wing
Supercharger
Sports intake/exhaust
Semi-racing suspension
Racing brakes
BBC (my original model didn't have this, but I found that the stock brake controller was VERY strong in the front, so I got the BBC to blend it out)
Port/Polish
Full-Balancing

That's as close as I can get to the factory-built race car, given GT4's limitations. With an oil change and the power upgrades, the car has 497 bhp, with a (no ballast) curb-weight of 1379 kg. It has a top speed (dependent on most tracks) that ranges between 160 to 180 mph. It has minimal lift-throttle oversteer, but it will bite down hard to throttle through a turn. Typically, I set the aero to 20/23 for decent handling, but little to no drag. However, the car is pretty heavy, and it might wear out the R-grade rubber a bit faster than you'd like. Not a bad machine, but not the greatest ever.

BTW, I didn't post my exact settings because (as with all customizable parts) you can season to taste!:sly:

FPV GT

I wanted to try something a little different when I read this post. I chose the FPV GT because you almost never see it. Everything is stock except what is listed.

418hp (w/ oil change)
Exhaust: Sports
Tires: S3 (f/r)
Brakes: Racing/ Brake controller (set 7/7)
Suspension: Racing
Ride 100/100
Camber 2.4/1.3
Stabilizer 5/5
Transmission: Racing
Auto set to 6 final drive 3.46
Clutch: Sports
Differntial: Full 20/40/20
Drive shaft: Carbon
Weight: Stage 3 w/ rigidity
Driving aids: All set zero

The FPV feels well balanced going into corners with this setup. Exiting, however can leave you begging for some grip (Might be a good drift setup in there somewhere). A sheer joy to drive. Big and meaty and hugs the track well at speed. I think I have found a replacement for Honda's! (on sport tires)

All tracks from rolling start, one lap only
Tsukuba 1'05:834
Mid Field 1'27:091
Nurburgring 8'13.755 (hit the grass a couple of times)

*a little more wheel time could definitly reduce those lap times

Once again thanks to Kent for creating this thread this is a great one and i hope it continues to thrive..... I purposely built this S2000 for one reason and that was to outperform Hatch's FPV GT (mad props to hatch by the way i think your the only other person i have ever seen drive that car) but you said that you found a replacement for Hondas (on sport tires) so I couldnt help but build one to rival your FPV GT's times....just for fun!!

Street Swag S2000 437hp about 19 more than FPV
IMG0083.jpg

Parts:
Stage 3 Turbine
Semi Racing Exhaust
Sports Racing Chip
Carbon Driveshaft
Brakes & Balance Controller
Original Suspension
Full Cust. Trans.
Twin Plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
1.5 LSD
S3 Tires

Settings:
Spring Rt. 6.4f 5.8r
Ride Height. 80f 80r
Shocks. 3f 3r
Camber Angle 3.0f 1.5r
Toe Angle 0f -1r
Stabilizers 4f 6r

1 gear 3.357
2 gear 2.288
3 gear 1.683
4 gear 1.315
5 gear 1.076
6 gear 0.840
Final Gear 2.922
Auto 12

Nurbergring 8'03.754
Las Vegas Drag Strip 0'11.973 S3 Tires
0'10.658 R4 Tires
Have not ran the other tracks yet but will update. No NOS was used on my runs. Im pretty anxious to see what Hatch's FPV will do once he tweaks it and gets the grippin issues under control.

Tuner: VQuick
Company: Garage 5252

Car: Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R V-Spec &#8216;99

Part List: Race Exhaust, Sports Chip, Port Polish, Engine Balancing, Stage 3 Turbo, Race Intercooler, Racing Brakes, Brake Controller, Full-Customize Transmission, Triple-Plate Clutch, Racing Flywheel, Carbon Fiber Driveshaft, Full-Customize LSD, Variable Center Differential, Original Suspension, Stiffness, Rigidity Refresh, GT Wing, S3 Tires.

Suspension
-Spring Rate: 13.5/11.0
-Ride Height: 82/87
-Shock Absorbers: 5/5
-Camber: 2.0/1.0
-Toe: 1/-1
-Stabilizers: 3/5

LSD
-Initial: 15/20
-Acceleration: 20/25
-Deceleration: 25/20

Downforce
Amount: 30/33

Driving Aids
-TCS:

Brake Controller
-Brakes: 3/3

Transmission
Gear Ratios
1st:
2nd:
3rd:
4th:
5th:
6th: 0.543
Final Gear: 5.500

Autoset: 12

Notes: Not bad for a full-weight GT-R.This is my attempt at replicating Matchless Crowd Racing&#8217;s R34 GT-R. My car also has a shot of nitrous to mimic the MCR GT-R&#8217;s scramble boost feature, good for another 50hp. The first five gear ratios are somewhat close, but the tall 6th gear should be nice for high-speed tracks. Might seem a bit darty, due to the toe settings. Dial them back to zero(try the front first) to fix this, but be prepared to lose a little response.

I've been trying to hold back, because I wanted to write a review on the cars, but so far I drove the Cooper S, the Accord and the Civic. I must say they have all been wonderful so far. I am impressed how well a heavy sedan can handle. The cooper S ran through turns like I wouldnt have thought possible and the civic is just wonderful all though the top end is a little short. I will still be hopefully writing a little review on them, its just that so many people are making cars and I cant wait to try them all.

BMW Z4 3.0i '03

img0022z4tk4.jpg

img0023z4hl7.jpg

Figures:
Total Cost: 155,510 Cr.
L6: DOHC
2979 cc
299 HP/5900 rpm
379,55 Nm/3500 rpm
1242 kg (Stage 1 Weight Reduction) + 78 kg Ballast (Front/Rear Balance: -1)
4.417 Power to Weight Ratio
Front Engine Rear Wheel Drive

Parts:
Weight Reduction Stage 1, Sports Soft Tyres (S3), Full Custom Race Suspension, Full Custom Race Transmission, Twin-plate Clutch, Sports Flywheel, Port & Polish, Engine Balancing, Racing Chip, Sports Exhaust, Racing Brakes, Brake Balancer, oil change, Stage 1 NA Tuning, Aftermarket Wheels.

Settings:
All settings are stock unless otherwise noted.

Full Custom Transmission:
1st gear - 3,795
2nd gear - 2,500
3rd gear - 1,670
4th gear - 1,230
5th gear - 1,000
6th gear - 0,850
Final - 3,230
Auto settings: 13

Full Custom Racing Suspension:
(Front/Rear)
10.5/9.0 Springs
96/96 Ride Height
8/8 Bound
8/8 Rebound
2.0/1.5 Camber
0/0 Toe
5/5 Stabilizers

No driving aids

Testing:
Tsukuba: under 1'02
Nurburgring: under 8'00

You can download the complete data and specs here.

Let me know if you try it out, I'd apprecciate all feedback I can get. ;)

Azevedojose, i love it man, that z4 is badass. It's amazing how much grip it has, the more throttle you give it, the more those rear tires bite into the pavement. Corner exit speeds are wonderful. Overall handling is sweet, a lil on the hoppy side when dealing with the undulations on the ring, just requires a lil more focus on those parts, but it was a lot of fun to drive. One question though, did you give it an oil change to reach 299 bhp? I am assuming so because those parts alone only leave it with 255 bhp. I myself usually don't use the oil change boost, i prefer starting off with normal HP levels for cars, but that's just me, anyway, i hope you have some more setups like that in you garage, cheers!

PS. Heres alil something i found that will set the mood before you hop into this beauty, enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW_-lgbH0-E

Azevedojose, i love it man, that z4 is badass. It's amazing how much grip it has, the more throttle you give it, the more those rear tires bite into the pavement. Corner exit speeds are wonderful. Overall handling is sweet, a lil on the hoppy side when dealing with the undulations on the ring, just requires a lil more focus on those parts, but it was a lot of fun to drive. One question though, did you give it an oil change to reach 299 bhp? I am assuming so because those parts alone only leave it with 255 bhp. I myself usually don't use the oil change boost, i prefer starting off with normal HP levels for cars, but that's just me, anyway, i hope you have some more setups like that in you garage, cheers!

PS. Heres alil something i found that will set the mood before you hop into this beauty, enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW_-lgbH0-E

Thanks for your feedback and comments shawtyoner.
Yes, I've forgotten to mention the oil change. With the listed parts installed the car was outputting some 285bhp (give or take)... then I tried the oil change to get closer to the real car bhp. On the downside the power to weight ratio is now lower than in the real car, due to the weight reduction. I'll still have to work out the susp settings, because I've also noticed the bumpy feeling of the car when the surface of the track isn't smooth. I've created this car in a day following some specs on Alpina's website, but I consider it a work in progress. Just posted it asap, so I can get feedback from who has driven it.

I really appreciate you were interested in my car and I really thank you for the tips. 👍 :)

Back