Tunes from "The Wizard" (Now with my "CHEATING" 111r)

• Thread starter Voodoovaj
  • 128 comments
A new version has been uploaded to Android and Apple. You Apple users will have to wait for the approval, but I don't expect it to be long.

I've updated the calculation for ride height and there were some back end maintenance things. The big change is the revision of the toe calculation. I initially created it based on an early version of GT6 physics and never updated it, even though the physics became more forgiving. The calculation is now far more aggressive. What I would love to see if for users to post their final tunes here.

I will do the same when I get some time later this week.

Bad news @Voodoovaj . The update just downloaded for me and now it crashes as soon as I try to launch it. I sent a crash report as well.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Android 4.2.2

It's doing the same thing on my phone too.

Samsung Galaxy S3
Android 4.4.2

Let me know if you need any more info to troubleshoot it.

Last edited:
Wow!! Quick fix!! Thanks! I checked this morning and it told me there was another update. Installed that and it is working again.

Thanks much!

Hi there @Voodoovaj, i bought your app last night (itune) and tried one for '97 R33 Vspec with no upgrades (except for the fc suspensions). I must say, it works wonders. Expect to get some credits from my tunes in near future.

If you got time you may check my tunes (link in signature)

Thanks for app and keep it updated. :bowdown:

Is there any reason why the app costs 50 cents more on Apple compared to Android?

Because Apple. Seriously. Apple has this huge table of what prices will be in different regions and they aren't simply differences in exchange rates.

It also takes them a week or so to update the app after I upload, where as Andriod users get an update within an hour or so of the upload.

Bad news @Voodoovaj . The update just downloaded for me and now it crashes as soon as I try to launch it. I sent a crash report as well.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Android 4.2.2

It's doing the same thing on my phone too.

Samsung Galaxy S3
Android 4.4.2

Let me know if you need any more info to troubleshoot it.

It was a stupid little bug in Android studio and my mistakenly testing the wrong build to upload. Sorry.

I hope you like the new toe angle calculations.

@Acan This is fantastic and thanks for the support!!

It was a stupid little bug in Android studio and my mistakenly testing the wrong build to upload. Sorry.

I hope you like the new toe angle calculations.

@Acan This is fantastic and thanks for the support!!

No worries about the bug. I was very pleased and impressed with how quickly it was fixed. Thanks for that. :bowdown:

In regards to the toe angles, I like them. They are very similar to where I usually ended up on my own, so one less thing I have to think about :D

I tend to prefer a setup that is fairly neutral but with good turn in and mid-corner rotation (neutral, but slightly towards loose). These toe settings get me right in that area. 👍

When looking for a 4WD LSD I seem to get these results, I am just wondering if it is just the torque distribution is the only thing that is backwards or the actual LSD is also meant for rear - front instead of the intended front - rear.

On Android

Screenshot_2015-02-05-12-21-19.png

When looking for a 4WD LSD I seem to get these results, I am just wondering if it is just the torque distribution is the only thing that is backwards or the actual LSD is also meant for rear - front instead of the intended front - rear.

On Android

View attachment 305159

The whole thing is backwards. I'll get on it asap. The framework was changed and it's caused more than a couple headaches.

Update - A new Android version is up. Digging into the Apple version now.

Last edited:

On Android

View attachment 305159

Nice catch. I rarely use AWD cars, so chances are I never would have seen this :)

@Voodoovaj , Can you please start teaching courses in Customer Service? I really wish more vendors would respond as quickly as you do 👍 :bowdown:

So many people were asking for a transmission tuner that I had to give it a serious look. The thing is, I had a few hurtles to overcome.

As you all know, there are many methods to tuning a transmission in this game. Most involve setting the Final Drive to some point in the range, adjusting the top speed, then readjusting the final drive. Then there is still the wiggle room for all the individual gears. Then, there is the problem of not knowing many factors that the game hides from us, like tire diameter, drag coefficient, etc. I looked through a bunch of calculators, but I never felt that I found one that could really predict the ideal gears.

So, I actually decided to leave the selection of "ideal" gearing to the game. All I had to do was figure out a ballpark final drive and let the game figure out the rest, since it already calculates gear rations based on horsepower, torque, desired top speed, etc. Why reinvent the wheel?

I figure out a formula out and I am testing it at the moment. I take the car's horsepower and weight differential and plot a point on the adjustable range. Then, I simply adjust the top speed to suit the car I am tuning. So far, so good. A new update will be coming and I hope everyone finds it useful.

So many people were asking for a transmission tuner that I had to give it a serious look. The thing is, I had a few hurtles to overcome.

As you all know, there are many methods to tuning a transmission in this game. Most involve setting the Final Drive to some point in the range, adjusting the top speed, then readjusting the final drive. Then there is still the wiggle room for all the individual gears. Then, there is the problem of not knowing many factors that the game hides from us, like tire diameter, drag coefficient, etc. I looked through a bunch of calculators, but I never felt that I found one that could really predict the ideal gears.

So, I actually decided to leave the selection of "ideal" gearing to the game. All I had to do was figure out a ballpark final drive and let the game figure out the rest, since it already calculates gear rations based on horsepower, torque, desired top speed, etc. Why reinvent the wheel?

I figure out a formula out and I am testing it at the moment. I take the car's horsepower and weight differential and plot a point on the adjustable range. Then, I simply adjust the top speed to suit the car I am tuning. So far, so good. A new update will be coming and I hope everyone finds it useful.

Although I don't use anyone's calculators much, if at all, its always cool to see what you guys come up with and experiment with it a bit. Keep up the great work, always keeping an eye on what you come up with. :cheers:

Mini Country 450pp

I love this car and it's SOOOO under utilized. Here is my current tune.

246hp
256lb/ft Torque

Full weight reduction 1077kg

Racing Brakes (mine are set to 1/1)

Ride Height 109/100
Springs 5.73/4.96
Compression Dampers 4/5
Extension Dampers 1/1
ARB 3/4
Camber 0.8/0.3
Toe -0.16/-0.52

Transmission - Set the Final Drive to 3.347, then set the top speed to 280kph (170-180 mph)

Diff - 12/11/5

Power upgrades

Computer, Sports exhaust, exhaust manifold, intake, high rpm turbo Then just turn the power down.

Last edited:

Mini Clubman VGT for 500pp

Springs 12.6/9.96
Comp Dampers 2/3
Ext Damp 4/2
ARB 3/3
Camber 0.8/0.3
Toe -0.18/-0.24

Downforce 75/150

Diff Initial 15/15
Accel 9/10
Brake 5/5

Transmission, set the final drive to 2.625 then set the top speed to 290kph (180mph)

Last edited:
@Voodoovaj there are rumors that the feel of the cars has changed (weight transfer sensations). Have you by chance noticed this as well, and if so, is it something that may affect The Wizard? I won't be on until later tonight so I have not felt this for myself yet.

@Voodoovaj there are rumors that the feel of the cars has changed (weight transfer sensations). Have you by chance noticed this as well, and if so, is it something that may affect The Wizard? I won't be on until later tonight so I have not felt this for myself yet.

@F1Racer68 I checked it out for quite a while. I am running off the new version (which is on it's way soon) and it seems that the changes I made work in favour with the changes in 1.16, so I am a happy man.

Last edited:
Hey @Voodoovaj how's that transmission wizard coming? Most interested to see what you come up with since this is the area of tuning I've been testing/experimenting with the most lately.

Hey @Voodoovaj how's that transmission wizard coming? Most interested to see what you come up with since this is the area of tuning I've been testing/experimenting with the most lately.

I think I came up with something pretty cool. Now, I am not the best transmission tuning guy because I hace so little patience. This formula, so far, beats all my tunes... Which is more than a little humbling and shows how bad I am at it. It also might show an under appreciated part of the game since I rely on the game for the individual gears (then the rest is up to the player).

The new version of the app is in process. My partner has some great ideas too, like saving tunes so he's putting that in. I also refined the ARB calculation and refined the extension damping calculation. Lastly, I have refined the diff calculation for MR and RR.

It will be a big update.

Here's the final drive formula (warning, I know it does not adhere to any real world conventions). Give it a try and see how it works.

(((HP/Torque)-0.5)*2) + The lower limit of your final drive adjustment (e.g. 2.000, 2.500, 3.000)

Last edited:
I think I came up with something pretty cool. Now, I am not the best transmission tuning guy because I hace so little patience. This formula, so far, beats all my tunes... Which is more than a little humbling and shows how bad I am at it. It also might show an under appreciated part of the game since I rely on the game for the individual gears (then the rest is up to the player).

The new version of the app is in process. My partner has some great ideas too, like saving tunes so he's putting that in. I also refined the ARB calculation and refined the extension damping calculation. Lastly, I have refined the diff calculation for MR and RR.

It will be a big update.

Here's the final drive formula (warning, I know it does not adhere to any real world conventions). Give it a try and see how it works.

(((HP/Torque)-0.5)*2) + The lower limit of your final drive adjustment (e.g. 2.000, 2.500, 3.000)

Awesome:tup:

Just a Suggestion in mind:

Any plans or anything came across your mind that wizard have specific tunes to a selected tires

eg, you select comfort soft and gives you a set of setup using the data input and when selecting racing tires it would give another set of setup.

Awesome:tup:

Just a Suggestion in mind:

Any plans or anything came across your mind that wizard have specific tunes to a selected tires

eg, you select comfort soft and gives you a set of setup using the data input and when selecting racing tires it would give another set of setup.

I can't even begin to figure out how to do this. The problem is that the whole game has this stupid "grip" modifier in it. Every car has a grip value and the tires are a multiple of that value. No one can get access to those values without hacking the game.

If there is a definite tendency that applies more or less across the board, I would love to know it.

All I have seen so far is that as you go with softer tires, you can dial in more over steer because of the ridiculous grip levels of the racing tires, but this isn't something that works for everything.

These new tunes were done with version 2.0 ...Sorry it isn't ready for prime time yet, but ..you know...life happens.

Alpine VGT "Race Mode" 600pp

I added a few kg of ballast to get it down to 600pp so it can compete with other 600's. Damn good car and the aero helps to negate the lack of power.

Ride height is static at 60

Springs 4.75/6.45
Compression 5/4
Extension 1/2
Anti Roll Bars 3/3
Camber is static (0.15/0)
Toe -0.14/0.09

Drivetrain 21/10/11

Add 59kg of ballast at -30%

The transmission is static

Last edited:

Lexus VGT 600pp 491HP

Static Ride Height (45/45)
Springs 15.83/13.10
Compression 2/2
Extension 4/3
Anti Roll Bars 4/4
Static Camber (0.5/1.5)
Toe -0.11/-0.15

Transmission - Set the final drive to 3.798
Set the top speed to 340KPH

1st - 4.933
2nd - 3.505
3rd - 2.629
4th - 2.093
5th - 1.731
6th - 1.487

Drive train 19/10/9

The ACR Viper is the car I used for the Viper seasonal 600pp

All weight removed. Chassis stiffened (this is necessary for everyone, I just hated the floppy feel without it)

No power upgrades other than an oil change. Tune down slightly to get 600pp

I preffered the racing brakes and I set them to 2/2

Suspension:
Ride Height 91/89
Springs 10.84/12.15
Compression 2/2
Extension 3/3
Anti-Roll Bars 3/3
Camber 0.6/0.5
Toe -0.10/-0.15

Transmission:
Set the final drive to 3.071 and the top speed to 370KPH
1st - 2.987
2nd - 1.958
3rd - 1.430
4th - 1.111
5th - 0.878
6th - 0.729

Drivetrain - all upgrades - 20/9/10

I'm sitting at 1111 overall as I write this. Not bad for a tune right out of the box.

The ACR Viper is the car I used for the Viper seasonal 600pp

All weight removed. Chassis stiffened (this is necessary for everyone, I just hated the floppy feel without it)

No power upgrades other than an oil change. Tune down slightly to get 600pp

I preffered the racing brakes and I set them to 2/2

Suspension:
Ride Height 91/89
Springs 10.84/12.15
Compression 2/2
Extension 3/3
Anti-Roll Bars 3/3
Camber 0.6/0.5
Toe -0.10/-0.15

Transmission:
Set the final drive to 3.071 and the top speed to 370KPH
1st - 2.987
2nd - 1.958
3rd - 1.430
4th - 1.111
5th - 0.878
6th - 0.729

Drivetrain - all upgrades - 20/9/10

I'm sitting at 1111 overall as I write this. Not bad for a tune right out of the box.

Thank you Voodovaj for sharing this tune! :bowdown: I first used the Launch Edition to post a best of 1:06.85X settling in at #1620. After seeing your messages, dragged the SRT ACR-10 out of storage, dialed in your settings, ran some laps and with a just a few VERY minor adjustments to fit my driving style (set the brakes to 3/3, adjusted 4th gear to 1.125 and the FG to 3080) I was able to heard that beast around the circuit in 1:05.972 which has me now sitting at #647. With a few more tweeks, a MUCH better job with throttle control :banghead: and a cleaner driving line I know I'll be improving that time. At the moment #1 is at 1:03.191 and likely he's be moving into the 1:02's. I know for sure I'll NEVER be anywhere near that time but with my very limited ability and this tune you've graciously shared 👍👍 the car has at least another .500 in it. Thanks gazillions for sharing this tune!! :cheers:

Thank you Voodovaj for sharing this tune! :bowdown: I first used the Launch Edition to post a best of 1:06.85X settling in at #1620. After seeing your messages, dragged the SRT ACR-10 out of storage, dialed in your settings, ran some laps and with a just a few VERY minor adjustments to fit my driving style (set the brakes to 3/3, adjusted 4th gear to 1.125 and the FG to 3080) I was able to heard that beast around the circuit in 1:05.972 which has me now sitting at #647. With a few more tweeks, a MUCH better job with throttle control :banghead: and a cleaner driving line I know I'll be improving that time. At the moment #1 is at 1:03.191 and likely he's be moving into the 1:02's. I know for sure I'll NEVER be anywhere near that time but with my very limited ability and this tune you've graciously shared 👍👍 the car has at least another .500 in it. Thanks gazillions for sharing this tune!! :cheers:

Awesome!! I love hearing about great results.

I have to say, I am still surprised at how close this app gets to a really good tune. I mean, when you say "minor" change, you aren't kidding!!

Last edited:

Here is my 550pp tune that I have been using in the current seasonal event. I am currently sitting at 44th with a 1:26.790. If I can string it all together, I might be able to get another 0.5 off that before my talent runs out.

Body - Remove all the weight 1112kg

NO RACING BRAKES - NO ADDED CHASSIS RIGIDITY<- This is very important. The braking is so strong on the F40, that the tires will refuse to slow you down if you have racing brakes. The standard brakes work much better. The car is also so stiff, that added rigidity will require suspension set ups that are out of range.

Power - Isometric Manifold (nothing else) turn the power down to 95%

Drivetrain - Add the adjustable diff and nothing else. Set the Diff to 27/10/10

Suspension

Ride Height 83/89
Springs 8.24/11.26
Compression damping 4/2
Extension damping 2/4
ARB 2/2
Camber 0.1/0.8
Toe -0.10/0.37

Transmission

Set the final drive to 3.104. Set the top speed to 380kph (240mph)

1st 2.907
2nd 1.958
3rd 1.462
4th 1.157
5th 0.928

GOOD LUCK!!

Last edited:
Back