Tunes from "The Wizard" (Now with my "CHEATING" 111r)

• Thread starter Voodoovaj
  • 128 comments
Ok, there is a new version coming so I will comment based on that. Apple takes about a week to approve it, so you should get it by Friday the 10th or early the following week.

OK, first the Final Drive Quick tune - The idea is that it find the best final drive for your power profile based on the HP, Torque, and adjustable range. So, you type in the HP, Torque, and MINIMUM final drive. Then, it plots a point in your range that should give you the best access to power. You can adjust the transmission either by using various tranny tricks first, then setting the final drive OR you can set the final drive first, then adjust the transmission. For the MOST part (but not always) I prefer to adjust the final drive first, then adjust top speed and let the game pick my gears. For High torque engines, I set the final drive all the way to the right, the top speed all the way to the left, then I set the final drive. That helps with wheel spin.

So, for you car, You should end up with 3.559 as a final drive. I would set the final drive first, then adjust the top speed as needed, then slide all the gears to the right for max acceleration.

For the ride height - Originally, I had reverse rake for front heavy cars and positive rake for rear heavy cars. The version you have has a positive rake method (so lower int he nose than in the rear) for ALL cars. I have been testing ever since and found that I was wrong and the new version (2.0.8) is going back to the reverse rake method, but this time, for ALL cars. I am gaining time everywhere.

So, to answer your question, you set the front to the value the app gives you and set the rear the same way. In your version, you would get about 15 mm more in the rear if you had a FR layout. The new version reverses that. You can try it with your version by just reducing the ride height values for the rear. I found that FF cars really love having the rear end almost bottomed out. So, for the Audi, I think it's 50/50 (correct?) so use the middle of the adjustment range to get your front end values. for the rear, adjust it to about 10-15mm lower than the front.

I also totally forgot to invert the front toe values from WAY back in version 1.01 of the game. I finally fixed that now.

Try the new app results against the old one. I think you will find some gains.
Thank you for taking the time to reply. Tuners like you really help us enjoy the races much more and gives an advantage if the car is tuned right.

I'm one of those guys that doesn't like hollow victories. I rarely use cars that SHOULD win (Dino, Series One, RX-8). I like using cars that rarely win or are rarely driven. My absolute favourite car is the Mini Cooper Countryman.

Will there be any more updates coming out soon for your app voodoovaj?

I don't have anything in the works but I had a few ideas I was going to try out over the next few weeks. If any improvements come out of that, then sure. I am also open to any suggestions.

I don't have anything in the works but I had a few ideas I was going to try out over the next few weeks. If any improvements come out of that, then sure. I am also open to any suggestions.
if you could have the tune wizard tell us how to set up our brake balance of we need to set it up for the car

if you could have the tune wizard tell us how to set up our brake balance of we need to set it up for the car

That's a tough one because it's based on tires and specific cars. Generally speaking, brakes at 1 are just right for racing tires (RH, RM, or RS). Beyond that, I find the a setting of 2 is just right for street tires. More than that and the ABS gets triggered too much.

The best way to get used to the proper brake setting (in my opinion) is to drive around in single player with the ABS off. It won't take long to get used to the proper braking points and how to modulate the pressure so your don't lock up. Then, when you turn ABS back on, you'll find that you are much better under braking.

I just picked up the Wizard App for an IPad on Sunday. It has been helpful on the few cars I have had a chance to use it on so far. I just realized last night while reading this thread that ride height will alter the other suspension settings. So since I like mostly sports tires a higher ride height will probably yield better results for me.

Thanks and keep up the good work. :)

Latest Posts

Back