Tuning and Customization

• Thread starter jsjakesaid
  • 118 comments
The member of staff in question did read the thread. And then they gave you an infraction for inappropriate behaviour, not a warning for harassment.

If you have any queries on this front, you're welcome to conduct discourse with that staff member, or escalate it to an administrator (that'll be me) or the site owner (Jordan) - the last step of which is detailed in the forum FAQ.

You're welcome. :D
does purple mean a staff member?

Ah well since I did apologise further up on this page, you can get out of your mood.

I'm not a kid, just give it a rest bud. Everyone's moved on from that, you're the one who can't shut their mouth.

sorry for not following every post on every thread on this website and especially since you never quoted the apology to me directly I didn't get it. but okay no hard feelings, just don't let it happen again. thanks

I would really appreciate 4-Point Tuning. Being able to tune only your front right spring rate would help a lot for left handed tracks. Also, I do not expect it. One more thing before I go, positive camber!

Has anyone seen any proof that RACE MODding is still in the game a la gt5? I can't see it mentioned anywhere.
Seeing that the RM cars from GT5 are their own models, makes me think they removed that feature.

23- Is the Racing mod option available?
-
No, can't seem to find it in the Tuning section.

From @Boabdulrahman 's thread.

And from BHRxRacer's thread some important news re customization:

I did the 240sx, can't be dewinged. Not all cars can be dewinged.

2013_11_30_14_16_32_zpscacff3aa.png%7Eoriginal

Here's a corvette with all the mods.

2013_11_30_14_8_6_zps94369bba.png%7Eoriginal

2013_11_30_14_8_9_zpsb8c94eb0.png%7Eoriginal

2013_11_30_14_8_12_zps85a0b169.png%7Eoriginal

2013_11_30_14_8_15_zps616cd4cb.png%7Eoriginal

2013_11_30_14_8_21_zps68db567b.png%7Eoriginal

2013_11_30_14_8_23_zpsb9430f46.png%7Eoriginal

2013_11_30_14_8_26_zpsb97e7430.png%7Eoriginal

2013_11_30_14_8_29_zps5f758061.png%7Eoriginal

2013_11_30_14_9_26_zps1650287d.png%7Eoriginal

2013_11_30_14_9_30_zpsaad01163.png%7Eoriginal

2013_11_30_14_9_42_zps203276e3.png%7Eoriginal

2013_11_30_14_9_48_zpsd5b4b4e3.png%7Eoriginal

2013_11_30_14_9_53_zpsad1dde48.png%7Eoriginal

2013_11_30_14_10_0_zps09deb42a.png%7Eoriginal

2013_11_30_14_10_7_zps935164eb.png%7Eoriginal

I don't end something I never started.
get on your knees and apologize and then I will forgive you.

I enjoy coming on the internet to having a good laugh and a kid who singles me out for posting about my own opinions is a kid that I know I can have a little bit of fun with :)
Careful... you can't have KID, FUN, GETTING ON YOUR KNEES, SINGLES, COMING AND INTERNET in the same sentence man or u'll have the whole fbi up your behind.
LOL

jsjakesaid: now you've got those word twice, as well as "fbi"...gonna miss ya! lol

for customization, does anyone know if you are able to rotate the car while previewing a part?

It was rude and uncalled for so you deserved the warning

Its not that easy.

"its not that easy"

well, they do have damage, and all that is, is a texture (of scratches n stuff) overlapping the car. so if we, the player, could make our own textures, then slapping them onto the car wont be that hard since PD already knows how to do it... (with the damage engine)

Judging from the screenshot in the "got a copy...ask questions" thread I see no way to flip a transmission. There is no top speed slider from what I can see.

"its not that easy"

well, they do have damage, and all that is, is a texture (of scratches n stuff) overlapping the car. so if we, the player, could make our own textures, then slapping them onto the car wont be that hard since PD already knows how to do it... (with the damage engine)
HAHAHA It just goes to show how clueless you are about adding features to a game. It takes more than just adding textures to the game. They also have to write code to make it work. Its just not as simple as you think.

XL633xB.jpg

R1wGPah.jpg

crBwcdI.jpg

PQ2Rb8T.jpg

There isn't no visible evidence that RACING MODs are back in the game even though the EXTERNAL MODs icon you click mentions them.
Bummed...

There isn't no visible evidence that RACING MODs are back in the game even though the EXTERNAL MODs icon you click mentions them.
Bummed...
I know, this is one of the things I wanted the most. It's crazy that PD hasn't gave us more exterior mods. Racing in general is built around modifications. A lot of cars would be not functional today without aero mods assisting them. I don't think the majority of casuals really understand how much difference aerodynamics and down force plays a role. I hope in the future (GT7) we get a huge increase in aero parts. Not only for personalization, but also for functionality!

nemo.jpg
nemo2.jpg

The Nemo Evo, Time Attack Giant!

Good one DevilLynx!

I like the addition of flat floors.

Flat floor: For optimal aerodynamics. Car's underside is streamlined and airflow improved.

I also like the new way to display ride height. Front 85mm. Rear 120mm. Seems to be displayed as a measured distance from ground to car or from tyre to wheel arch.

There is the option to fit wheels with standard diameter or 1 inch larger or 2 inches larger. Lets see if there is performance differences with wheel choice or it's purely cosmetic. I'm not phased either way though.

Do fl
Good one DevilLynx!

I like the addition of flat floors.

Flat floor: For optimal aerodynamics. Car's underside is streamlined and airflow improved.

I also like the new way to display ride height. Front 85mm. Rear 120mm. Seems to be displayed as a measured distance from ground to car or from tyre to wheel arch.

There is the option to fit wheels with standard diameter or 1 inch larger or 2 inches larger. Lets see if there is performance differences with wheel choice or it's purely cosmetic. I'm not phased either way though.
Do flat floors affect PP?

Do we know if the front aero kits actually provide downforce now and if it's available for all cars?

Do you guys also think that the rear spoilers look completely out of proportion with the cars itself? It's since GT4 like this :(

Will all those good features and additions to the game I found something to complain about :lol:

Seems thats up for debate. The Aventador has a fixed front downforce number, but not sure if thats stock or from the updated aero.

Do you guys also think that the rear spoilers look completely out of proportion with the cars itself? It's since GT4 like this :(

Will all those good features and additions to the game I found something to complain about :lol:
I Don't blame you.
I like flush looking spoilers that go with the car's flow, as they enhance the car's shape and lines (ex: sierra cossy wing, scooby wing, GTR wing), but hate massive looking GT3 type spoilers, as although they produce more downforce, they are an eyesore on most of the cars (not all).

Back