Tuning and Customization

• Thread starter jsjakesaid
  • 118 comments
Malta
Malta
Jake_Said
What sort of tuning do you expect/ want in GT6? Also what is confirmed to be in the game?
External Mods :
Body kits, spoilers, scoops, liveries, wider wheels, etc
Internal mods: Chargecoolers, intercoolers (also external possible?), Twin charging (turbo and supercharged), Twin turbos, etc

What's confirmed (could be with update= *):
Wheels with different sizes (diameter not width is confirmed)
Lights*
diffusers and underbody flat floors
Spoilers
Nitrous
Brake upgrades
+GT5 Upgrades i'd imagine

Last edited:
It's on a specific subject, i dont see why it should be closed, and yes i did use the search feature before creating it, but could not find something relevant, only the wishlist comes somewhat closeish, but this is much more specific as to what's confirmed, as well not just wishlist

Wishlist, and no poll!

Closing...

Polls, polls, polls, what happened to everyone expressing their opinion instead of choosing what's available

have you ever played Need for Speed Underground 2? I want everything from there.

I want underglow neon lights. I want NOS spurges. I want to be able to put subwoofers/whole car audio setup in my car. hydraulics. etc. etc.
I adore many tuning mods in NFS, but audio/ hydraulics wouldnt be feasible lol... the neon lights are arguable haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
have you ever played Need for Speed Underground 2? I want everything from there.

I want underglow neon lights. I want NOS spurges. I want to be able to put subwoofers/whole car audio setup in my car. hydraulics. etc. etc.

I loved the ECU and turbo tuning in NFSU2.

I adore many tuning mods in NFS, but audio/ hydraulics wouldnt be feasible lol... the neon lights are arguable haha.

Hey, just a friendly reminder, make sure to use that 'edit' button when you want to add more information, rather than making a new post 👍

OT, I just played NFSU2 last night, and everything except trunk audio, neons, hydraulics, and NOS would be fine by me!
Dat widebody doe! :drool:
Celica_b2.png

Wide bodys for track prepping, brake kits that are unlocked so i don't hae to Hex them in. All turbos and twins available for certain cars (350z specifically) coloured drift tires would be cool and height adjustable spoilers.

These seem feasible, as when you look at the customisation tile on the gt6 page there are eyelids and additional lights are seen in the picture
Headlight/rear tints would be nice. Yellow headlights like seen on a GT500 GT-R would look cool on a 300zx for example.

On the GT6 custom parts pictures there is also "flat floors" I don't know what those are, or are they literally flat floors? lol

On the GT6 custom parts pictures there is also "flat floors" I don't know what those are, or are they literally flat floors? lol
Smooths out the undercarriage to facilitate better airflow...aerodynamics in other words...

Smooths out the undercarriage to facilitate better airflow...aerodynamics in other words...
Yeh, all race cars have a flat floor. A massive diffuser from front to back, usually CF. Almost turning the car into a wing with wheels.

Would race car parts like that (flat floors), brake kits, and the speculated light covers/colors mean it's possible to change any car into a race car? Which if that is possible wouldn't the chance of a livery editor be greater? I mean, the base models have to mean something more than just a basic race car livery.
Sorry. I'm getting carried away

Last edited:
Would race car parts like that (flat floors), brake kits, and the speculated light covers/colors mean it's possible to change any car into a race car? Which if that is possible wouldn't the chance of a liver editor be greater? i mean, the base models have to mean something mroe than just a base race car type.
Sorry. I'm getting carried away
I like my liver the way it is:lol: I don't think customization has any relation to the inclusion of a livery editor. It'll either be there or it won't...bet on won't...:)

I think there should be a tuning dyno shop à la GT Auto where you can add whatever parts you want and the staff will optimize an ECU tune to the goals and preference to the player. If the cars are pre-EFI, then they can adjust mechanically via carbs and distributors. Obviously, high performance carburetors and distributors will yield a wider range of choices for tuning, just like high performance MoTeC style ECUs. Make it more immersive than just selecting "ECU upgrade" no matter what the car.

Yes, this is where GT has been lacking for so many years. You can have all the cars in the world but you can't really customize them. We need tons of aero parts like splitters, diffusers, bumpers, bonnets, trunks, body kits, wide body mods, fender flares/over fenders, different wings, and under panels just to name a few. We also need multiple for every different car so we can show our creative side. Just look at the industry and you can see it every where, why not in GT? Look at the TA scene and the drift scene. When was the last time you saw a stock bodied car running? I can't think of the last time. And a livery editor to top it all off.

I think it was confirmed that nitrous was making a return in GT6. I wonder if we'll be able to tune it?

NFS:U2 allowed you to set the mix, between long duration/low power to small duration/more power, with a slider. Would be interesting to see.

So did GT5.
GT5 = no nitro i think you meant gt4 which also had a slider to adjust power vs duration of boost

I think it was confirmed that nitrous was making a return in GT6. I wonder if we'll be able to tune it?

NFS:U2 allowed you to set the mix, between long duration/low power to small duration/more power, with a slider. Would be interesting to see.

And yes nitro was confirmed and can be seen on GT6 official site under tuning

Isnt there underglow neon on the Vision AMG GT? I swear I saw it on the race version in the video.

Polls, polls, polls, what happened to everyone expressing their opinion instead of choosing what's available

[/sarcasm]

I hope they include camshaft, valve train and cylinder head modifications for the Mazda RX7 and RX8. For some reason they forget of these two cars, strange.

What helps more, is to see our cars as they are being tuned. Watching the height drop or rise, seeing the camber change. Being able to see what the exhaust tip looks like before you spend your last 10, 500 and it sounds worse than the sports exhaust. The GT Auto menu seems like it may be like this.

Back