Tuning your cars

here is the spot to talk about individual tuning of your cars... what tuning brings the max effect out of every car? Tell us your magic formula for tuning cars just right...

Car: Mitsubishi Eclipse '97
Setting #1: "Sunset Beach"

Parts required:
Tires: Racing Soft (front and rear)
Brakes: Sports/Racing with Brake Balance Controller
Suspension: Racing / Full Customization
Stabilizers: Hard (front and rear)

Settings:
Spring rate: 4.8 (front), 2.7 (rear)
Ride heights: 145 (front and rear)
Dampers: 5 (front and rear)
Cambers: 0 (front and rear)
Stabilizers: 2 (front and rear)
Brakes: 7 (front and rear)

Note: This setting was tested with the car in its stock horsepower.

I like my cars to be just on the edge of oversteer. Not because I need to be pushing that hard, but because it's SO much more fun than backing off the throttle just to get the bugger to turn. :cool:

So basically, whenever possible I stiffen up the rear springs and stabilizers a bit and bias the camber towards front end grip.

Dampers I adjust based on the weight of the vehicle, higher values for heavier cars, up to about 5.

Originally posted by Just in time
here is the spot to talk about individual tuning of your cars... what tuning brings the max effect out of every car? Tell us your magic formula for tuning cars just right...
I've got a good setting. I believe it's called something like "YOU ARE LIVING IN 1998. GT3 HAS NOW HIT STORES AROUND THE WORLD".

:D

Originally posted by CerberaLM
Have trouble staying on the road takumi? :lol:

yeah. the car bounces on different surfaces. and if you're wondering about the name of my setting, i named it after my favorite song, "sunset beach"

Latest Posts

Back