TUTORIAL - Manually Configuring Your XLink Kai & PS2 *With Pics*

Help, the ps2 is not detected by Kai. I didn't change any setting. Yesterday, it was working but not today. When i put auto setting in my network configuration, it's detecting but when i put the IP and the netmask, it's not working. Maybe there's a problem about the PS2 manuel calculator?

If it works as Auto-Detect, then leave it as Auto-Detect, it's less of a hassle...

Manual configuration is only if Auto-Detect and all the other auto settings don't work...

Handle your business, it doesn't matter to me. As long as it reduces the amount of pointless and regurgitated questions about XLink, I'm happy.

Droptop_Chick
If it works as Auto-Detect, then leave it as Auto-Detect, it's less of a hassle...

Manual configuration is only if Auto-Detect and all the other auto settings don't work...
Auto Setting can go on other online game, but not GT4.

Took 8 hours but I finally got it. I didn't know how to get the MAC address and I didn't know you had to turn off the windows firewall and fix port forwarding. The only problem now is I can't find a race that is not password protected.

i did what the guide said and on the the diag mode it says network reachable = yes and it detects my network card and under lock it says yes. but than i click on the folder and it says that it failed to configure any help

Droptop_Chick
I've edit the first post with a link I found off Google for everyone complaining about the older style PS2 having a different style of Start-Up Disc Menu system. So for the lazy people who couldn't search Google for 2 minutes...

Finding your MAC Address (Old Style PS2)

There are no excuses now...

you know what? I've got the old style and I didn't even have to find the mac address. I just hooked up my computer, PS2 and router(switch) and when I went to WFC, Kai automatically found it.

So, maybe thats why?

Swift
you know what? I've got the old style and I didn't even have to find the mac address. I just hooked up my computer, PS2 and router(switch) and when I went to WFC, Kai automatically found it.

So, maybe thats why?
Same, i connect to WFC and then you go to Diagnostic mode, and they show the mac adress..I still have problem detecting my PS2 with kai.

Ryosuke_Gumna
Same, i connect to WFC and then you go to Diagnostic mode, and they show the mac adress..I still have problem detecting my PS2 with kai.

What kind of problem are you having? If it recognizes the PS2, you should be good to go.

BTW, nice Avatar

For some people it works without this huge mess of manually configuring the PS2. I could never get it to work by just plugging everything in, so I had to go through this long process of doing it manually. If you can do it plug and play, then by all means do it, it's much less of a pain...

Swift
What kind of problem are you having? If it recognizes the PS2, you should be good to go.

BTW, nice Avatar
I convert my MAC adress to IP, the first time, it was working but not today. I tried auto-setting, Kai detect the PS2 but it doesn't work to play GT4.

Thanks, the avatar is in real life drifting, by the Drift King (Keiichi Tsuchiya).

Ryosuke_Gumna
I tried auto-setting, Kai detect the PS2 but it doesn't work to play GT4.

If Kai detects your PS2, then the problem with you not being able to play on XLink is probably the manner that you're trying to play with everyone else. There's certain steps you have to take everytime you enter an arena to play with a group of people.

Droptop_Chick
If Kai detects your PS2, then the problem with you not being able to play on XLink is probably the manner that you're trying to play with everyone else. There's certain steps you have to take everytime you enter an arena to play with a group of people.
I've done it, still doesn't work (ex: when to go on WFC).

Can you come on Xlink, maybe if it's working.

I have re-tweeked the tutorial slightly, mainly in the MAC address area. I found a much easier way to find it without the Online Start-Up Disc.

i am having major issues in reaching the network. do i have to do a port forward even if im running my comp and ps2 off of a hub that is connected to my adsl modem??

thanks

jasonhoward64
i am having major issues in reaching the network. do i have to do a port forward even if im running my comp and ps2 off of a hub that is connected to my adsl modem??

thanks

You shouldn't have to.

jasonhoward64

thanks
I use port fowarding to have a Network Reachable: Yes.

In your router:

Ext. Port: 30000 to 30000 and you put the ip adress. And after, you open Kai Config Tool and you put 30000 to port. I hope this help.

P.S: I'm on xlink right now.

Ryosuke_Gumna
I use port fowarding to have a Network Reachable: Yes.

In your router:

Ext. Port: 30000 to 30000 and you put the ip adress. And after, you open Kai Config Tool and you put 30000 to port. I hope this help.

P.S: I'm on xlink right now.

a hub is not a router and it doesn't have settings that can be modified. . . .

am i missing something .. ...

Latest Posts

Back