TUTORIAL - Manually Configuring Your XLink Kai & PS2 *With Pics*

damn, this might sound stupid, but i have no idea how to connect my PS2 to my computer with my router. Its not a wireless router. if someone would like to help me out over MSN my email is mk_gino89@hotmail.com..the only way i know how to play online for other games is take the cat 5 cord out of the back of my pc and plugging it in directly to the PS2. But once i do that i lose my internet connection to my pc.

GTI-89
damn, this might sound stupid, but i have no idea how to connect my PS2 to my computer with my router. Its not a wireless router. if someone would like to help me out over MSN my email is mk_gino89@hotmail.com..the only way i know how to play online for other games is take the cat 5 cord out of the back of my pc and plugging it in directly to the PS2. But once i do that i lose my internet connection to my pc.
YOu need another cat5 cable that you run from the ps2 to another open port on the router. no way around it.

wow thanks a lot man your a life saver...that diagram is perfect, and i love the way u drew that ps2 controller LOL...thanks again bro!

This is wierd... I have a network adapter and everything correctly installed on my PS2, but I have no MAC address... I have played other games online before, and I just tried setting up x link today, and i find out that I have no MAC Address, like, it doesnt even say MAC Address in the "Version" section...

good tutorial.... but the only problem is that I cannot use the Calculator thing...the PS2 Manual IP Calculator....I click on it and I get a "404"

scoobyonline200
good tutorial.... but the only problem is that I cannot use the Calculator thing...the PS2 Manual IP Calculator....I click on it and I get a "404"
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2106086&postcount=108
if you would search... i posted a working link to it in the 6th page, which is the one before this one. PLEASE search through the full thread before posting that you cannot find something, as it has probably already been addressed.

N35QU1K
This is wierd... I have a network adapter and everything correctly installed on my PS2, but I have no MAC address... I have played other games online before, and I just tried setting up x link today, and i find out that I have no MAC Address, like, it doesnt even say MAC Address in the "Version" section...
I found my MAC address by doing Automatic setting, which already detects my ps2 by Kai, it shows "Configure successful" and they show my MAC address. So I guess that's the only way for older version of PS2.

I'll just re-enter my whole problem, I can't find the PS2 except when i unlock my NIC. My connection works fine between PC and PS2, can play online games on my PS2 :). I use a PS2 slim and a PC with double NICs.

Oh and when i close my DHCP in the Administration Tools my internet connection gives up. Start it again and i'm back in business... i tried the autosetting in GT4 and the DHCP, but i didn't get any netmask so i tried 255.255.255.0, the same as IP and some other... still don't find PS2 :(

Please help me :P

kekke2000
I'll just re-enter my whole problem, I can't find the PS2 except when i unlock my NIC. My connection works fine between PC and PS2, can play online games on my PS2 :). I use a PS2 slim and a PC with double NICs.

Oh and when i close my DHCP in the Administration Tools my internet connection gives up. Start it again and i'm back in business... i tried the autosetting in GT4 and the DHCP, but i didn't get any netmask so i tried 255.255.255.0, the same as IP and some other... still don't find PS2 :(

Please help me :P
Using 2 NIC supposely will be easier. I think the IP setup between the PS2 and your PC is not correct. Just my opinion....

This is the IP setting that i've been used to connect my PS2 to the NIC.
untitled3px.jpg

I'm sorry if this is not right. It is to show my setting that have been work for months.

p/s: Sorry for the lousy drawing.

I cant get this to work. I set everything up like posted, but all I get is the "Waiting for Connection" screen on the PS2. It never actually connects to anything. :guilty:

DoriSPL
I cant get this to work. I set everything up like posted, but all I get is the "Waiting for Connection" screen on the PS2. It never actually connects to anything. :guilty:
im going to go out on a limb here and say that you either didnt join the gt4 americas arena, or if you did you didnt join a room and follow the hosts instructions.

DoriSPL
ManConfig-05.jpg

What do I enter in "netmask"? The IP address again or do I leave it blank?
if you would have read the whole article, you would have seen what was said about the netmask values.
im not going to tell you what to put there when the article clearly tells you what you need to do.
you NEED TO READ THE WHOLE TUTORIAL, not just look at the pictures.:grumpy:

(B) Take the last 2 parts of your MAC address, and enter those numbers/letters into the IP Spooler at this following link...
PS2 Manual IP Calculator
Write down the IP & Sub-net values the IP Calulator will produce.

When doing this I am given a single set of numbers, my IP address, no "Sub-net values" are displayed. I DID read the entire article, I dont see why you cant just help me out with this little bit, the rest of the write-up is awesome.

Under Use DHCP you'll notice that you can now manually enter in values for your IP address and your netmask (which is your Sub-net values from the IP Calculator). Enter in your values, and then select "OK."

I dont know what to enter there since I have not been given a sub-net value, unless it is the same number as the IP. That is what I am asking.

When trying to connect to a game, the other people are saying they cant read my ping. My windows firewall is off when trying to connect. The only other thing I could think of is my router, if it has a built in firewall I have no clue how to turn it off...

droptop_chick
(D) Now you're at the network configuration screen. This is where you'll enter in the IP & Sub-net values the PS2 IP Calculator produced for you.
Set your Authentification to "No," your Use DHCP to "No," and Use auto DNS to "Yes."
Under Use DHCP you'll notice that you can now manually enter in values for your IP address and your netmask (which is your Sub-net values from the IP Calculator). Enter in your values, and then select "OK." Your PS2 will automatically save this configuration to your memory card.
if you would have read this you would have seen how to do it.

Back