TUTORIAL - Manually Configuring Your XLink Kai & PS2 *With Pics*

Discussion in 'GT4 Drifting' started by Droptop_Chick, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Wazzup LifeWater? You still drifting online then?

2. sealdan01

sealdan01

I Edited this post.... because the question i had was asked already sorry

3. GTI-89

GTI-89

damn, this might sound stupid, but i have no idea how to connect my PS2 to my computer with my router. Its not a wireless router. if someone would like to help me out over MSN my email is mk_gino89@hotmail.com..the only way i know how to play online for other games is take the cat 5 cord out of the back of my pc and plugging it in directly to the PS2. But once i do that i lose my internet connection to my pc.

4. slo-car

slo-car

YOu need another cat5 cable that you run from the ps2 to another open port on the router. no way around it.

5. GTI-89

GTI-89

ok so from the computer, 1 cat 5 goes into the router, then another cat 5 cable goes from the router to the ps2?

6. slo-car

slo-car

yes

7. GTI-89

GTI-89

what a bout my modem tho? what plugs into that?

8. slo-car

slo-car

I see you're not understanding me ...

[​IMG]

9. GTI-89

GTI-89

wow thanks a lot man your a life saver...that diagram is perfect, and i love the way u drew that ps2 controller LOL...thanks again bro!

10. N35QU1K

N35QU1K

This is wierd... I have a network adapter and everything correctly installed on my PS2, but I have no MAC address... I have played other games online before, and I just tried setting up x link today, and i find out that I have no MAC Address, like, it doesnt even say MAC Address in the "Version" section...

11. scoobyonline200

scoobyonline200

good tutorial.... but the only problem is that I cannot use the Calculator thing...the PS2 Manual IP Calculator....I click on it and I get a "404"

12. Suzuki

Suzuki

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2106086&postcount=108
    if you would search... i posted a working link to it in the 6th page, which is the one before this one. PLEASE search through the full thread before posting that you cannot find something, as it has probably already been addressed.

13. Ryosuke_Gumna

Ryosuke_Gumna

I found my MAC address by doing Automatic setting, which already detects my ps2 by Kai, it shows "Configure successful" and they show my MAC address. So I guess that's the only way for older version of PS2.

14. kekke2000

kekke2000 Premium

I'll just re-enter my whole problem, I can't find the PS2 except when i unlock my NIC. My connection works fine between PC and PS2, can play online games on my PS2 :). I use a PS2 slim and a PC with double NICs.

Oh and when i close my DHCP in the Administration Tools my internet connection gives up. Start it again and i'm back in business... i tried the autosetting in GT4 and the DHCP, but i didn't get any netmask so i tried 255.255.255.0, the same as IP and some other... still don't find PS2 :(

Please help me :p

15. kekke2000

kekke2000 Premium

anyone want to help me? please!

16. 12OcK7H340oz

12OcK7H340oz

i did every thing correct and i cant get in to games. i got kai working and dected every thing i just cant get in to a gt4 game. and yes there is a host

17. GigasINC

GigasINC

Using 2 NIC supposely will be easier. I think the IP setup between the PS2 and your PC is not correct. Just my opinion....

This is the IP setting that i've been used to connect my PS2 to the NIC.
    [​IMG]
    I'm sorry if this is not right. It is to show my setting that have been work for months.

p/s: Sorry for the lousy drawing.

18. Ryosuke_Gumna

Ryosuke_Gumna

19. Pink_the_Floyd

Pink_the_Floyd (Banned)

Most complicated thread EVER :crazy:

20. laographix

laographix

can someone please tell me how to find the net-values, all that ip spooler gives you is a new IP address

21. DoriSPL

DoriSPL

I cant get this to work. I set everything up like posted, but all I get is the "Waiting for Connection" screen on the PS2. It never actually connects to anything. :guilty:

22. Suzuki

Suzuki

im going to go out on a limb here and say that you either didnt join the gt4 americas arena, or if you did you didnt join a room and follow the hosts instructions.

23. DoriSPL

DoriSPL

[​IMG]

What do I enter in "netmask"? The IP address again or do I leave it blank?

24. Suzuki

Suzuki

if you would have read the whole article, you would have seen what was said about the netmask values.
    im not going to tell you what to put there when the article clearly tells you what you need to do.
    you NEED TO READ THE WHOLE TUTORIAL, not just look at the pictures.:grumpy:

25. Droptop_Chick

Droptop_Chick

Still rockin' after a year huh...

26. DoriSPL

DoriSPL

When doing this I am given a single set of numbers, my IP address, no "Sub-net values" are displayed. I DID read the entire article, I dont see why you cant just help me out with this little bit, the rest of the write-up is awesome.

I dont know what to enter there since I have not been given a sub-net value, unless it is the same number as the IP. That is what I am asking.

When trying to connect to a game, the other people are saying they cant read my ping. My windows firewall is off when trying to connect. The only other thing I could think of is my router, if it has a built in firewall I have no clue how to turn it off...

27. Ryosuke_Gumna

Ryosuke_Gumna

Welcome back DT_C! I hope we can xlink soon:tup: .

28. Suzuki

Suzuki

if you would have read this you would have seen how to do it.

29. Bay_Thizz

Bay_Thizz

Where can you find the Mac address?

30. Ryosuke_Gumna

Ryosuke_Gumna