Twin Ring Motegi!?

The technology still isn't really there to create proper, round, circular lines.

Rounded edges are still made up of loads of tiny little straight lines, therefore causing them to look jagged.

It's not the PS3 itself, it's current graphics capabilities. Soon, games will rid themselves of jagged edges. :)
👍

Do you know specifically why the shadows are jagged? Anyone know? I'd like to find out the very reason why it happens.

👍

Do you know specifically why the shadows are jagged? Anyone know? I'd like to find out the very reason why it happens.

http://userpages.umbc.edu/~bailey/Courses/Tutorials/RenderingDemo/DepthRayShadowDemo.html

In GT5, full Raytraced shadows would take to much time to compute.

Depthmapped shadows have a set resolution (picture it as a bitmap), the higher the resolution the less "jagged" they will look.

The flip side of the coin is it will take longer to render. The PS3 needs to render each fame in 1/60 of a second to keep a smooth 60fps.

lol "Good question!"

So very not definite to most people, but he wouldn't have replied (in english) to that tweet had it not been important enough. I don't think it was a coincidence that he replied and made all those tweets just one day after GTP made it known on the main page.

Good question. O.O

lol that's true ^^^, but I doubt, after all that's happened with discussing the track, that the track won't be available after GT Academy ends.

All the prizes will be sent out together when the 8 week event is over.RT @shaun001:
@Kaz_Yamauchi how do we get our prize vehicles??
https://twitter.com/#!/Kaz_Yamauchi/status/199812799088697344

That SHOULD include the track.

http://userpages.umbc.edu/~bailey/Courses/Tutorials/RenderingDemo/DepthRayShadowDemo.html

In GT5, full Raytraced shadows would take to much time to compute.

Depthmapped shadows have a set resolution (picture it as a bitmap), the higher the resolution the less "jagged" they will look.

The flip side of the coin is it will take longer to render. The PS3 needs to render each fame in 1/60 of a second to keep a smooth 60fps.
That's perfect. Thank you very much.

It was just as well that I have been driving around Twin Ring Motegi a lot in Gran Turismo 4. Gotta love the tracks from that game :) .

I think its unlikely it will just be availible to just people who participate in GT Academy ,
its likely that well compete there but it will most likley be a DLC after GT Academy ends.
It very well could be the Track will be Free to say the top 1,000 or more round finalist's somthing LIKE that seem plausable.

It's still not Midfield Raceway but any new circuit to the game is awesome news! :)

You're right about that, Motegi is a fantastic, challenging real world track and Midfield is an overhyped, un-challenging arcade circuit! I pray that GT6 ditches every single made up circuit and includes real world circuits. They were fine for GT and GT2 but now it's just too old hat for a game such as GT5 and any succesors to it.

Motegi doesn't make my list, but it would be in the top ten.
1. Midfield
2. Seattle
3. Red Rock Valley
4. Pikes Peak
5. Costa di Amalfi

You're right about that, Motegi is a fantastic, challenging real world track and Midfield is an overhyped, un-challenging arcade circuit! I pray that GT6 ditches every single made up circuit and includes real world circuits. They were fine for GT and GT2 but now it's just too old hat for a game such as GT5 and any succesors to it.

You're entitled to your opinion but I respectfully think it's wrong. I disagree with your thoughts about the greatest circuit in GT history - Midfield Raceway. I have personal great memories of it and there's nothing you can do about it. :)

Or how about?... GTWORLD Drive Anywhere!

You're entitled to your opinion but I respectfully think it's wrong. I disagree with your thoughts about the greatest circuit in GT history - Midfield Raceway. I have personal great memories of it and there's nothing you can do about it. :)

were all here for opinion, and i like yours!:sly:

Generally, asking for the flat-out removal of content is probably not a great idea. Especially when that content is appreciated.

Oddly, the fact that you think Midfield is un-challenging leads me to suspect that you're missing its real depth. It's not one of my personal favourites, but that's only because I was never really any good at it; still, it had some nice corner combinations and I'd definitely welcome it back to the series all the same.
Maybe we'll all get what we want - more real circuits, and more "fantasy" circuits, even if they are just returning from GT4.

I also love Midfield, it's short but has lots of different challenges. It was always my test track in previous games.

IMO the worst imaginary track the GT series has is the Cape Ring... and some of the best tracks the game has to offer are imaginary IMO - Midfield, El Capitan, and I also like all the city tracks of GT3/GT4

But Motegi is more than welcome (and infineon would be too)

If we do get this, hopefully with weather options. I'm not a big fan of Motegi, but a new track is a new track, maybe a night one too, never seen that before.

I really wish they would patch in A-spec: Season 2 or something so we could incorporate new tracks into single player mode.

Not a wishlist, but.... It would be cool to have a new track for the Academy, one that has never been in the franchise before. Real or imaginary would be fine. I am throwing in for Road America.

mjm23race
Not a wishlist, but.... It would be cool to have a new track for the Academy, one that has never been in the franchise before. Real or imaginary would be fine. I am throwing in for Road America.

No offence but Road America isn't exactly a technical track. Whereas Motegi East has at least a bit of technical challenge to it. The obvious Silverstone is far more suitable in that respect, though they'll already use it IRL for the final stage.

Grand Valley = Gran Turismo

Gran Turismo = Grand Valley

/discussion.

:sly:

Every time I see this, I think, "Shut up and take my money!" Because I want the track, and even more the Oval too!

ItsHim
No offence but Road America isn't exactly a technical track. Whereas Motegi East has at least a bit of technical challenge to it. The obvious Silverstone is far more suitable in that respect, though they'll already use it IRL for the final stage.

Maybe not the most technical, but certainly incorporates a lot of different disciplines, high speed, elevation changes, great scenery, and so fun to drive on!

One of the things that I remember about Twin Ring Motegi in GT4, is going under that tunnel/bridge and forgetting whether to go right or left.

:D

mjm23race
Maybe not the most technical, but certainly incorporates a lot of different disciplines, high speed, elevation changes, great scenery, and so fun to drive on!

I actually quite like RA as a fun track, but in the context of the GT-A, and its past and present history with the GT franchise, Road America is really not a substitute for Motegi (East).

Should have PD picked another track as a final challenge and (probably) a DLC for GT5? Not really as Motegi serves the purpose of a challenging track far better than any _likely_ track to appear. This being one that's fairly easy to make for GT5.

So let's just be happy it's not another winding course maker track (as good as it served its purpose) for GT-A and also one which comes as a goodie for the main game.

Back