Two-Wheel Drive Non-Racing European Car Super Lap: Ascari Full Track

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 161 comments
Session over for now... 1'05.414 for 7th... a 1'04 is possible if I nail the full lap, but to compete at the very top I'd need to find a way of not losing 0.5 in the 1st chicane every lap FFS.

If it helps...

I'm using the R, with no weight reduction and 125kg of ballast. Power upgrades are Computer, racing exhaust and catalytic convertor with a bit of limiter.

Car weighs 915kg and has 358bhp.

I can get a slightly better power to weight ratio with other combinations of weight and power upgrades, but the car is fastest for me with these settings.

I've been on for a very low 4XX 3 times but i keep putting too much power down before the crest corner and losing traction so i'll keep trying until i get it right but i need a break from it because the chicane is really peeing me off.
I have my ballast weight at 50kg, Engline tuning stage 3, racing exhaust and sports cat. I feel this is just right for me and capable of taking 1st place back :)

Good luck 👍

I'll give that set up a go on the street version sometime this week.

👍 Gold first lap
Thanks to @WhoosierGirl :tup:for the X-Bow AE recommendation. After 10 restarts for missing the first chicane up the hill I managed a solid Silver. I don't really like the track and I don't need to gold every event and I didn't want the paint chip. I only go for gold if it is a paint chip I like. Made 1 clean lap for silver and bid Ascari farewell.

The Xbow is just much too good here. I hit a wall twice (invalid lap, but still), and still "qualified" for a gold time.

For me the game randomly removes ghost lines, it's a surprise to see what line will be removed every time. Sometimes I only get like 3-4 lines to compete with, sometimes everyones lines is there...

I've even seen ghost lines disappear in the middle of the lap.:crazy:

I have noticed that once again, yesterdays fastest ghost will not load. You can go through the motions and it's fine but 'in game' it's not there. One has to create a completed lap and then that becomes your 'in game' ghost.

et_
For me the game randomly removes ghost lines, it's a surprise to see what line will be removed every time. Sometimes I only get like 3-4 lines to compete with, sometimes everyones lines is there...

I've even seen ghost lines disappear in the middle of the lap.:crazy:

I get this too, since at least 1.08. It affects events other than the La Sarthe...
...and Ring 24H TTs the ghost starting points were reset on.

Just fyi, if you added him while in-game, you must quit the game then restart before he will show up.
I added him when i logged in as his message shown up but i can see his ghost still and friends LB time but still can't see him on my list. I've had this problem a few times aswell.

I found you mate. You're right at the bottom of my list :lol: but it's not showing when you last signed out, Its completely blank.

When I'm home I rarely bother to switch the PS3 off :D

I'll log out/in when I get home tonight.

You're right at the bottom of my list :lol: but it's not showing when you last signed out, Its completely blank.

I've had this happen on my list before too, but only with a few people that have FR'd me from UK accounts. It fixed itself eventually.

EDIT: I've just acquired the Performance car-pack so I might have a go at this in the 15th AE X-Bow R. :D

When I'm home I rarely bother to switch the PS3 off :D

I'll log out/in when I get home tonight.
Well that explains it then :) Your electric bill must be sky high because it does burn a lot. :eek:
I've had this happen on my list before too, but only with a few people that have FR'd me from UK accounts. It fixed itself eventually.

EDIT: I've just acquired the Performance car-pack so I might have a go at this in the 15th AE X-Bow R. :D
Yeah, it's a ball ache sometimes, i sent numerous FRs to Ed_Night once but he never recieved it. Got there in the end though :)

Well that explains it then :) Your electric bill must be sky high because it does burn a lot. :eek:

Not sure what constitutes high... but my PS3 pretty much always on (but I leave it in the garage list so the disc isn't spinning running AI races), TV/SKY/AV system on standby etc... I've not gone bankrupt yet :)

I really do like this track but that first chicane is just... Just...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHNNNNGGGGH!!!!!
hqdefault.jpg

Yep, know what you mean, but it is a good feeling when you nail it.

Improved from 2:07.824 to 2:07.674 for #66.

Should add, did that straight after I took off TC.

Now to try it without ASM. (just kidding)

Yeah I don't believe any car in GT6 is faster whit TC than whit out. Good time mate 👍 you are pretty handy whit that DS

Is anybody here using the McLaren MP12-C?

I can't improve my setup any further but I think there is still some time that can be made by working on it.
A high 2:08 is all I could get until now. Maybe a 2:07 is possible for me with a clean lap.

Here's my setup:

SUSPENSION
RH 90/80
SR 6.65/12.90
3/4
3/4
1/5
0.0/0.0
0.05/0.00
Brakes 6/5

TRANS
reset to default. Max speed to 270kph