Two-Wheel Drive Non-Racing European Car Super Lap: Ascari Full Track

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 161 comments

No problems...

X Bow Street
Aero upgrades in body shop (gives 200/300 downforce)
Chassis strengthening
No weight reduction, 125kg ballast @ pos 0
Computer
Racing exhaust
Manifold
Catalytic convertor
High RPM Turbo
Power limiter 95.4 (no oli change)
Should be 359bhp, 915kg , 550ppts
Ride 70 90
Spring 4.5 8.5
Bound 3 5
Rebound 2 4
ARB 3 6
Camber 0 0
Toe -0.10 +0.15
Racing brakes 5 4
Set max speed to min then other gears as follows

1st 3.889
2nd 2.934
3rd 2.405
5th 1.688
6th 1.439
Final 2.600
Diff 5 15 15

Ride height seems to work the right way round on this car at least as there's more understeer with higher front.

Easily capable of low 4's maye 3's in the right hands though only tried it with the wheel.

Edit...

Change at 7,000rpm to stay in the power band. Don't over drive the front end... if the front is gripping properly it will take loads of throttle on the exit, but if you carry too much speed in to the corners you oversteer on the way out. Do not try to drift or back it in to the corners.. takes an age to regain grip once the tyres are red.

Great overall tune for sure Stotty!!! Went from a high 2:07.9xx to a lower 2:07.293. Pretty happy with that and like you have said, just need to stop overdriving some of the corners and keep the tires in their temperature range, especially that last sector. Need to clean things up and then get into the 2:06's.

Hate the first chicane, just hate it... Thanks for sharing your tune!

Great overall tune for sure Stotty!!! Went from a high 2:07.9xx to a lower 2:07.293. Pretty happy with that and like you have said, just need to stop overdriving some of the corners and keep the tires in their temperature range, especially that last sector. Need to clean things up and then get into the 2:06's.

Gonna give it a go today with @Stotty tune. I got a high 2.09 with 15th anniv X Bow basically stock , so maybe I can get sub 2.08 with a good tune 👍

Improved a tad to 2:07.489 using mostly Stotty's tune. Good one, thanks for that.

I expect though, at least for myself from now on, improving will be due to better driving rather than a better tune.

Badly mucked up a run just then and was going to quit it but decided to continue just for fun and came very close to knocking off another couple of tenths.

Improved a tad to 2:07.489 using mostly Stotty's tune. Good one, thanks for that.

I expect though, at least for myself from now on, improving will be due to better driving rather than a better tune.

Badly mucked up a run just then and was going to quit it but decided to continue just for fun and came very close to knocking off another couple of tenths.
When these rear tyres heat up they be like " Hell No ":lol::lol::lol:

No one part of the track is for some kinda"challange", let's see the first right-left....lol.

In my opinion it's just stupid
Ah, but I beg to differ. The fact that people can't simply max-tune a car and drive well on it says it is designed to be a challenge.

But if that's your opinion, then fair enough - it's mine that the track isn't stupid, but rather cunning.

Ah, but I beg to differ. The fact that people can't simply max-tune a car and drive well on it says it is designed to be a challenge.

But if that's your opinion, then fair enough - it's mine that the track isn't stupid, but rather cunning.
Yeah Ascari is something totally different, I mean some tracks like twin ring motegi and such are just so damn boring It's really hard to do any hot lapping there but on Arscari you can find new things and get faster just by running around it as much as possible. And yeah, like someone already said it would go along whit the best tracks like spa and nurb and what not, if there wasn't that first chicane, I really do believe it works better IRL since I would have trashed something like 100 x-bows already and those things aren't cheap :D and also I have probably got my self killed couple of times or at least suffered a major injures in progress so... I mean there should be a guy whit a baseball bat standing next to me who would hit me in the head every time I crash to make this more realistic :D

EDIT: PD should add some sort of injury calculator in game, I mean just think of the possibilities :D I mean if you actually kill your driver it's career mode all over again :D and just think about B-spec races, I mean it would be really fun to FORCE your driver to do 24H LM in 2j and just see if he survives :D hahahahah

Last edited:
Is there a way to acquire the Anniversary edition cars as a package if you didn't get it in game or do I have to find the AE game and buy another copy? I got screwed when I got mine! Just got the regular version sent but was so happy to get it I didn't even care about the AE cars at the time!! lol

Not many times have I put two laps together and only once or twice have I completed 3 laps here, so my best times are most likely on the 1st lap. I was wondering if anyone thinks that warm tyres, 2 laps or more, are beneficial?
I have to say that I haven't noticed any improvement in grip due to doing consecutive laps here.
Can't remember if they helped in previous Seasonals in GT6 either.

And, Adubs5, I bought another version of GT6 recently which had all the Anniversary cars included, plus it was in a metal pack. To top it off it was cheaper than the ordinary version at the time. So maybe shop around and you'll find a good deal if you're interested in getting them all.

Is there a way to acquire the Anniversary edition cars as a package if you didn't get it in game or do I have to find the AE game and buy another copy? I got screwed when I got mine! Just got the regular version sent but was so happy to get it I didn't even care about the AE cars at the time!! lol

Don't think so... I you didn't get them to start with I don't think there's another way to get them.

Not many times have I put two laps together and only once or twice have I completed 3 laps here, so my best times are most likely on the 1st lap. I was wondering if anyone thinks that warm tyres, 2 laps or more, are beneficial?
I have to say that I haven't noticed any improvement in grip due to doing consecutive laps here.

Same grip on the 1st lap as subsequent laps.

And, Adubs5, I bought another version of GT6 recently which had all the Anniversary cars included, plus it was in a metal pack. To top it off it was cheaper than the ordinary version at the time. So maybe shop around and you'll find a good deal if you're interested in getting them all.

Yeah I saw that online aleady! Sucks I have to buy another game but whatever! you would think you could buy it as the DLC combo or something by now? They're still gonna get their damn money.. lol. Thanks for letting me know!
Appreciate it...

I guess you can get them, if a friend copies his account on your ps3, installs the cars and logs out.
My main account i installed all, switched to my dddsprayshop account, started the game, again the prologue,and the cars are there.

Funny thing, i record for beginners on my youtube, i don't use those blue 15th annivers cars.
Only three times, the seasonal three rounds for the 15th annivers cars, but that is months ago.
And i don't even play on my main account anymore.

I guess you can get them, if a friend copies his account on your ps3, installs the cars and logs out.
My main account i installed all, switched to my dddsprayshop account, started the game, again the prologue,and the cars are there.

Funny thing, i record for beginners on my youtube, i don't use those blue 15th annivers cars.)
Only three times, the seasonal three rounds for the 15th annivers cars, but that is months ago.
And i don't even play on my main account anymore.

Yeah.. I never had an urge to use them for any reason except for like now when people are using them for seasonal events but there's more than one way to skin a cat so I'm sure out of the 1200+ cars on the game I should be able to find one that would be , or as good as the 15th anniversary car.. I've seen too many bad things happen with copying from one system to another I'm not having anybody touch mine..lol so if I do anything I'll just get that copy that has them on there just for that fact that it is the 15th anniversary ones so that maybe worth 1 or 2 bucks , 40 years!!

You don't want the Anniversary Edition X-Bow for this event... you need the Street version with the aero upgrade.

It has the best combination of power & torque at 550ppts of all the X-Bows.

You don't want the Anniversary Edition X-Bow for this event... you need the Street version with the aero upgrade.

It has the best combination of power & torque at 550ppts of all the X-Bows.

I don't need it for this one! This one's taken care of.. I was just curious mainly because I wanted them I guess? :lol: guess my question from before was can I buy them as downloadable content now as I might want one or whatever? That's not an option I guess !! Or I buy the game! ...which I found brand New in wrapper for $20.. Its all good!!

I don't need it for this one! This one's taken care of.. I was just curious mainly because I wanted them I guess? :lol: guess my question from before was can I buy them as downloadable content now as I might want one or whatever? That's not an option I guess !! Or I buy the game! ...which I found brand New in wrapper for $20.. Its all good!!

Good for you, at first i felt the same as you.
For example, do you remember the Plymouth XNR season hotlap from februari? 1.000.000cr car, and you could get 90K if you got gold, yes maybe more because bronze and silver are added to the total and 200% login etc.
I was mad, i did not buy that in my second account, i tried in my first account, got gold easy.
Then i got info that you could win that car with the Goodwood races, if you golded them.
I was hitting every wall on goodwood, i did not get gold on most of them, maybe now i can, but whatever.

I searched for another way, not spending any money, i used the redbull races and season hotlaps that i could win.
I reached the 50million credit limit without any cheat or glitch.
i can buy any car i want.
I will not pay any real money for the game. I already payed it.
Maybe on DLC, but it has to be good dlc.

Don't get me wrong, do what makes you happy.
But i reccomend, drive the dingdong out of the game and beat it

EDIT>>>>>
Sorry, i posted clips from my channel, i removed them
because i use a "special" avatar also embedded in my clips.
I used that here also, but had to change it.

My lap and bloopers are on my youtube channel.
I always record my settings also in my clips, if anybody is interested.
You do not need to subscribe, i don't use youtube to make money, i use youtube
to help people beat the game.

PS. i don't do drift, so no season event drifting.
And i don't always get gold.

Last edited:
Good for you, at first i felt the same as you.
For example, do you remember the Plymouth XNR season hotlap from februari? 1.000.000cr car, and you could get 90K if you got gold, yes maybe more because bronze and silver are added to the total and 200% login etc.
I was mad, i did not buy that in my second account, i tried in my first account, got gold easy.
Then i got info that you could win that car with the Goodwood races, if you golded them.
I was hitting every wall on goodwood, i did not get gold on most of them, maybe now i can, but whatever.

I searched for another way, not spending any money, i used the redbull races and season hotlaps that i could win.
I reached the 50million credit limit without any cheat or glitch.
i can buy any car i want.
I will not pay any real money for the game. I already payed it.
Maybe on DLC, but it has to be good dlc.

Don't get me wrong, do what makes you happy.
But i reccomend, drive the dingdong out of the game and beat it

EDIT>>>>>
Sorry, i posted clips from my channel, i removed them
because i use a "special" avatar also embedded in my clips.
I used that here also, but had to change it.

My lap and bloopers are on my youtube channel.
I always record my settings also in my clips, if anybody is interested.
You do not need to subscribe, i don't use youtube to make money, i use youtube
to help people beat the game.

PS. i don't do drift, so no season event drifting.
And i don't always get gold.

Haha, That's was genius! Well. I'm leaving my buddies house cause I have a YouTube channel to subscribe to and have some $ to start banking! Epic video! .. I have a about 1.5 million but I want a lot of different cars because I just started playing a few months ago and I wanna get used to it by trying different cars and how each handles and so on.. That video will come in mighty handy.. I appreciate it.. Thanks a lot man!!
Cheers! :cheers:

P.s. I don't drift either!! :lol:

@Adubs5 I opened a conversation, i'm used to PM another member, this is new, i hope it worked.
I linked all clips you could need.

I wanted to post a link for my recording of the event, But it keeps displaying
my clip with the "AHEM" avatar.Sorry.

Adjusted Stotty's tune slightly, mainly diff settings and broke into the 2:06's with a 2:06.876 (70th at the time I got this lap). Very happy with that, still maybe .300-.500 in it for me with a clean, CLEAN lap.

Thanks again Stotty

Update: Took a few more hundreds out of my time, keep playing with rear toe and diff settings to settle my driving style down a bit to get a better exit out of the corners. 2:06.626 at this point for 59th place.

Will try one more run tomorrow.

Last edited:
After about an hour into this one I'm down to 2:04.7. No real mistakes was done, but I was not that fast overall. Lost maybe half a tenth here, half a tenth there, over the course of the entire lap. Hoping I can string together a 2:03 tomorrow. I gotta say; coming from the 600PP Chaparral 2J at RBR, this is a completely different challenge! with the 2J it was mostly about throwing the car in at exactly the right time, and hanging on for dear life. This is more about just balancing on the edge through those endless continuous corners.

edit. 4.4

Last edited:
Shooter and CRANK.....draw....:bowdown:
0ZS4n2R.jpg

et_
After about an hour into this one I'm down to 2:04.7. No real mistakes was done, but I was not that fast overall. Lost maybe half a tenth here, half a tenth there, over the course of the entire lap. Hoping I can string together a 2:03 tomorrow. I gotta say; coming from the 600PP Chaparral 2J at RBR, this is a completely different challenge! with the 2J it was mostly about throwing the car in at exactly the right time, and hanging on for dear life. This is more about just balancing on the edge through those endless continuous corners.
Po
edit. 4.4
Great time, I think I could see a lap in 4.7 (edit: 5.7 I'ts high 2.04 in my dreams :D)but it's gonna take me some luck. I mean I know the line but just staying on it whit speed needed is a bit of an issue.... And I would like to hear some opinions on whats wrong whit me, I mean first five laps yesterday I hit the chicane whit ease sliding from far away to it in nice angle, but soon enough I started to over shoot it or just braking too early. I mean is there really any way to prevent this sort of automated things to start happening, I mean it feels like my brains just learn it in wrong way and getting it right after that becomes almost inbossible....

And if you got ANY tips to get faster here and/or just get faster overall, just bring them out I'm all ears!!!

EDIT: Ok it seems like there's a lot to find in driving lines, I mean I just got the chicane kind off figured out, and seems like I can now concentrate much better to the rest of the track...

Last edited:
Looks like i got more work to do as the alien killer has arrived :D A very low 5XX or maybe a high 4XX is possible going on my run yesterday. I just need that bit of luck to get it.
Do you approach the chicane from middle of the road or is it more from right, or even more from left side? Though is not my only broplem but that's just driving me mad :DGreat times BTW

Last edited:
et_

edit. 4.4
Looks like i got more work to do as the alien killer has arrived :D A very low 5XX or maybe a high 4XX is possible going on my run yesterday. I just need that bit of luck to get it.
Hey, can I just ask how did you get to be so fast. I mean how long have you been doing these TT's and what do you think is the reason you are in top 10 so often? Do you guys only do TT's or something else? What wheel do you use and do you think it really makes any differens? I mean I have a really old dfgt so could it get any easyer (it's obviously not any faster whit another wheel :D) whit lets say that G27?

ODB
Do you approach the chicane from middle of the road or is it more from right, or even more from left side? Though is not my only broplem but that's just driving me mad :DGreat times BTW
I've been staying in the middle of the road for the chicane and braking just before the 1st marker on the left and turning in on the 2nd marker. If you can get your left wheels onto the kerb just before turning in it shoud help out.
I was thinking about running some +camber for that corner alone but i'm not sure if it'll ruin the rest of the lap.
And i know nothing about wheels mate. The DS3 does the job for me :)

Last edited:
The DS3 does the job for me :)

Ok :D I should really try out the DS3 someday, I mean just for fun, I think it would take some year or so to get to same times that I do whit my wheel... But that's really cool, I remember when I used DS in GT3 and some time for 4 but really don't recall was I getting any faster ones I got the wheel, it was just so much more fun drive whit that I didn't probably even care :) but yeah, somethings I remember was bit easier whit wheel but that's like in distant history so can't really tell.

EDIT: And yeah, I think I got a better clue now how to approach the chicane, I try to aim my initial brake to the start of the of the kerb and then turn in at the second marker... Hmm I mean I watched some those top replays but didn't quite figure it out just from there, I mean maybe i have could figured it out just by watching but this helped a lot 👍

Last edited:
ODB
Hey, can I just ask how did you get to be so fast. I mean how long have you been doing these TT's and what do you think is the reason you are in top 10 so often? Do you guys only do TT's or something else? What wheel do you use and do you think it really makes any differens? I mean I have a really old dfgt so could it get any easyer (it's obviously not any faster whit another wheel :D) whit lets say that G27?
ODB
And I would like to hear some opinions on whats wrong whit me, I mean first five laps yesterday I hit the chicane whit ease sliding from far away to it in nice angle, but soon enough I started to over shoot it or just braking too early. I mean is there really any way to prevent this sort of automated things to start happening, I mean it feels like my brains just learn it in wrong way and getting it right after that becomes almost inbossible....
And if you got ANY tips to get faster here and/or just get faster overall, just bring them out I'm all ears!!!
I've been doing them for about 2 years, and apart from some online racing from time to time, I dont really do much else GT6, I usually play different games until sunday 4 days before they end, and then spend 1 day on each. (depending on how tough they are ofc).
And I use a DFGT as old as time itself.;)
There is a white horizontal line in the pavement to the left of the first chicane (could also be a puddle of water glimmering) that I use as a braking marker.
If you are referring to me, You can relax, Unless I find something new, I think my limit is 2:03.8xx;)

et_
And I use a DFGT as old as time itself.;)

Yeah, I kinda figured the wheel feels really good and does what it is told to do, so there shouldn't be anything wrong whit it :)

And it's absolutely amazing how good these are build, I mean I sometimes correct the line very violently (even more I do it in online races :D) and I have the FFB on 5 or 6 and I do believe those gearwheels and such inside the wheels can become pretty damn hot some times :D And i really have to give a big shout out to those guys at logitech who made this wheel to happen 👍

And I'ts quite impressive that you can do such times in just one day(or two), and I really do realize that this is kind of learning process for me since I just started doing these TT's for some 8 months ago, but I basically play every day and it can go on for like 4 hours straight :D but yeah, it doesn't really bother me since it's really fun anyways, I'm basically just very curious person and I just wanted to ask :)

Down to 2:03.857:D I did quite a big mistake at the corner leading into Daytona (Prior), wich cost me 2 tenths, and then I was super carefull through Hill and Laguna, so there is 1 tenth to get there aswell. I will not try to get a better time though, it's too much work. Congrats on the podium @CRANK_U1 ;), told you I wouldn't beat you:P but I was ahead of you at the last split time;)

Back