Two-Wheel Drive Non-Racing European Car Super Lap: Ascari Full Track

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 161 comments
Hmmm :confused: I can't get any where near the top speed the front two asian guys are getting in the X-Bow for some reason. I noticed they're short shifting quite low but i still can't hit 150mph on the straight with that method. I was about to post my setup but i don't think it's good enough sadly.

Hmmm :confused: I can't get any where near the top speed the front two asian guys are getting in the X-Bow for some reason. I noticed they're short shifting quite low but i still can't hit 150mph on the straight with that method. I was about to post my setup but i don't think it's good enough sadly.

I'm not in your league of skill, but I wouldn't mind seeing your tune. I can use all the help I can get. :)

So far, I've only been able to try this with the DS3, and it's impossible to hold the part throttle the K Bow needs on corner exits to be quick.

KTM X-Bow with 50kg or 100kg ballast in front is no longer KTM X-Bow.
I drive this car with stock car balance 39:61 without ballast.

The car understeers like a pig with front ballast 👍

Better to control the rear with some LSD decel and +ve rear toe.

When I watched the top time earlier today, I noticed his red line was 8k and he was short shifting at 7k... plus I think he was running higher boost on the gauge... must have an unusual combination of power upgrades.

2:07.132 with the anniversary X-Bow, stock everything except added 56kg @ -30 to get to 550pp and changed brakes to 7/4 and removed toe and camber. Not fond of the first corner, mess it up way to much to enjoy this TT.
Finished with stock X-Bow and no weights added!!!Thanks for recommending the X-Bow!!!

When I watched the top time earlier today, I noticed his red line was 8k and he was short shifting at 7k... plus I think he was running higher boost on the gauge... must have an unusual combination of power upgrades.

I noticed the same thing with his tachometer. That would mean he would have to add ballast or drop his power limiter to get to 550PP then, right?

I noticed the same thing with his tachometer. That would mean he would have to add ballast or drop his power limiter to get to 550PP then, right?
Just have to drop the power limiter to 550pp and drive!!!nothing to add!!!stock mode!!!:)

Using the X-Bow Anniversary edition with some of Praiano's tune (for the other model) and using the stock tranny I managed 2:09.577 for #183.
As time went by I started remembering some of the things which helped when doing an earlier race here using the Bugatti Veyron. Wasn't that a bugga of a race.

Found Praiano's weight excessive and reduced it to 71kg at -50, along with other power changes to compensate the weight loss.

edit... 2:09.009 for #130.

Last edited:
I just ran a 2.09.127 which I think is at the limit of my ability so I'll happily take my coat and exit Ascari. :)

I just snatched 1st place again with a 4:522 :D
I was looking for you PSN ID in the leader board, but didn't see it. :confused: By the way, won't the mods pull you by the ear for that avatar?

As time went by I started remembering some of the things which helped when doing an earlier race here using the Bugatti Veyron. Wasn't that a bugga of a race.
If you mean the license test then it definitely was. Back then I was completely unfamiliar with this track and that dog of car made my life insanely difficult. I barely passed it so one day when I have nothing better to do I'll try to improve that lap.

Last edited:
If you mean the license test then it definitely was. Back then I was completely unfamiliar with this track and that dog of car made my life insanely difficult. I barely passed it so one day when I have nothing better to do I'll try to improve that lap.

That license test was nuts. It didn't take me too many runs when I could actually complete a full lap. But man, did I have a lot of DQ's doing that license test. I was a total Ascari n00b and I kept getting DQ's at that first chicane. OMG, I wanted to kill someone. Haha!!

Got gold with a Jag XKR-S. A little heavy but my tune was good enough for it to be fun rather than a chore :lol:.

Hopefully I'll get time to go back with something a bit faster, Ive really been enjoying this track.

I like to use stock cars where possible, and never detune cars for these events, so used a vanilla X-Bow for a relatively easy gold. Not sure why folks struggle with the handling of this car, I've driven much worse.

Seup for the X-Bow street version:
SUSPENSION
RH 80/75
SR 5.90/9.89
3/5
4/6
7/7
0.0/0.0
-0.05/0.35
Brakes 7/4
TRANS
reset to default. Max speed to 112mph
Final gear 2.800
LSD
POWER:91.9%
Sports computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric exhaust manifold
Catalytic Converter sports
Intake tuning
Ballast weight 25kg at position 0
Standard weight reduction
Front Aero & Body rigidy improvement installed
Hopefully someone can build on this because there is more top speed to be gained somewhere.

Personally, I can not stand the X-Bow. Frankly, I'm shocked that I wasn't spinning out on every corner. I hadn't even touched my X-Bow in many months because I just don't enjoy driving it. It does oversteer like crazy. I think you'd be better served to keep the vehicle in a higher gear when going around the sweeping turns and corners. If you think you need 2nd, put it in 3rd and floor it - the torque should pull you along nicely. Same thing when you go around a very slow turn. Instead of mashing 1st gear, throw it in 2nd and keep those back wheels planted on the pavement. Otherwise, you need to be very gentle with your accelerator foot.

I think you'll find that the X-Bow is so light and nimble that a steady lap without any serious slipping and sliding WILL give you a Gold Medal lap very quickly. Just be very patient through the corners. If you are still pulling your hair out with the X-Bow, may I suggest you try the McLaren MP4-12C instead? That car is planted better and while it's bigger/heavier it's a bit easier to drive on a track like Ascari.

Good luck! Let me know how you make out.

EDIT: I got bored so I hopped back on the PS3. With about 5 more laps (a couple DQ's) I chopped about 5 seconds off my X-Bow time. 2:13.975 now. I'm going to look for a tune because I installed the Adjustable Suspension, but I'm running default values. Yuck.

I made Gold with this Set Up

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...500-stealth-model.291084/page-37#post-9220839

I´m Trying to get quicker but is not easy....

I wish these seasonals weren't always dominated by one car (and often one that I find dull); I had a whale of a time powersliding a lightly tuned TVR Tamora around and it was still quick, but it's no match for the Xbow.
Well Lewis, these are time trials and so naturally the fastest legal car will always be used to enable the fastest time. And most of us want to post the fastest time we can so use 'that' car.
But many will use a different car, like you have done, and just have a ball. Way to go.

It is a shame best car seems to work out to be only one choice in the stable. As noted, it can be a blast wringing another for the cup. And not wanting to take anything away from the team, but get you points back! Nico can stand p2.

SUSPENSION
RH 80/75
SR 5.90/9.89
3/5
4/6
7/7
0.0/0.0
-0.05/0.35
Brakes 7/4
TRANS
Final gear 2.800
LSD
Sports computer
Racing Exhaust
Intake tuning
Hopefully someone can build on this because there is more top speed to be gained somewhere.
Shame it's not for the Anniversary edition. Can't really be used on it, at least not the power weight changes.

SUSPENSION
RH 80/75
SR 5.90/9.89
3/5
4/6
7/7
0.0/0.0
-0.05/0.35
Brakes 7/4
TRANS
Final gear 2.800
LSD
Sports computer
Racing Exhaust
Intake tuning

I think you need to run more ballast and compensate with more power.

I just ran a few laps in your tune and then flipped back into mine for a few (the R, running 124kg ballast) and mine is much quicker in a straight line.

Gonna watch the F1 now, then run a proper session in it.

Great time with the pad 👍

Guaranteed gold tune below

McLaren MP4-12C '10

The tune linked below is a 600PP SS tyre tune, All I did was copy the settings to another sheet, remove the sports exhaust and detune to 550PP. Stick on a set on Sports Hard Tyres and your good to go. :)

Link here
mp4-12cimg2-jpg.170218
Alright brotha... Im gunna see how much your guarantee is worth! I finally get a chance to give a go! Its all de-tuned and ready to get this rookie a gold and a NEW paint chip!! :cool:

I did a few runs last night with more ballast and got a couple of red laps of 4:3XXs so i'm going to give it a really good go after watching the GP.

Had another quick run whilst waiting for the re-start in the R and straight into the 5's... definitely think it's faster with more weight and more power.

At the moment, my tune has a bit too much mid-corner push which is killing exit speed in a few places, so I'll e trying to get rid of that.

OH, and this car/track combination is awesome :D

Back