TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458

• Thread starter swg
  • 42 comments

swg

United States
United States
Simply, this being the only (reasonable to find or afford) wheel available for xbox one, has anyone tried it and would it do PCars justice or should I just hold on to my money?

Works great in PCARS. I used mine for about 9 months before I sold it and got a Fanatec CSW v2. The TX was a great wheel but I never used the stock pedals either.

The CSW is over $500 just for the base correct? Just can't justify a wheel setup that would cost as much as it would to build a 3 screen PC rig to play it on. :) How is the FFB and the construction on the TX? Don't want something that feels too cheap. I had a cheap wheel once in the past for xbox 360 and if it's gonna cost me $300 I don't want something that feels even remotely like that thing did.

I literally today am just ordering a TX. I hope they figured out the issues with it. From what I have heard it is a great wheel.

swg
The CSW is over $500 just for the base correct? Just can't justify a wheel setup that would cost as much as it would to build a 3 screen PC rig to play it on. :) How is the FFB and the construction on the TX? Don't want something that feels too cheap. I had a cheap wheel once in the past for xbox 360 and if it's gonna cost me $300 I don't want something that feels even remotely like that thing did.

I had no issues with my TX. The stock rim feels a little cheap because its mostly plastic but its completely functional and its very light which is an advantage because it lets you feel every detail. You can always replace the rim with any of the other Thrustmaster rims if you don't like the stock rim, and you can replace the stock pedals with the T3PA pedals or the T500 pedals. The FFB is quick and smooth.

Does anyone know if the extra buttons on the F1 and GTE add on rims will be able to be programmed on consoles?
I can't see why the GTE rim wouldn't be programmable, considering that's marketed as a fully functional PS4 wheel.

Can't be so sure about the F1 wheel though.

I'm totally happy with my TX wheel, coming from a Fanantec CSR wheel.
The only problem is that the standard pedals looks cheap, but they works fine. The brake pedal has good resistance but is not progressive.
If you want better pedals with progressive brake mod, you can buy the T3pa pedals or follow this LINK where you can see how to mod the standard pedals yourself for $10.

I'm totally happy with my TX wheel, coming from a Fanantec CSR wheel.
The only problem is that the standard pedals looks cheap, but they works fine. The brake pedal has good resistance but is not progressive.
If you want better pedals with progressive brake mod, you can buy the T3pa pedals or follow this LINK where you can see how to mod the standard pedals yourself for $10.

Also, as the standard pedals haven't got a carpet gripper like the DFGT's... you need to secure them somehow. Which has been a pain in the backside for me, as I play at a desk. Lots of boxes and grip roll. The CPX adapter can't come soon enough!

Just got mine in the other day. Can say it works great with Forza 5 and i'll be looking forward to using it in pCARS. I just hope they'll allow us to map all the buttons!

All this wheel talk and the fact that I have an Xbone in addition to PC makes it tempting to get it. I do have DFGT and it's good enough and I don't really plan to seriously race that much on Xbox but still, with my birthday coming up I may convince myself and my wife that it's an "investment" :)

As far as I'm aware the TX wheel has essentially the same inners as the T300? If so, you won't regret it if you get yourself one. The FFB is far more advanced than anything the DFGT can kick out.

All this wheel talk and the fact that I have an Xbone in addition to PC makes it tempting to get it. I do have DFGT and it's good enough and I don't really plan to seriously race that much on Xbox but still, with my birthday coming up I may convince myself and my wife that it's an "investment" :)

Sim Racing is a hobby, once you're hooked, you want to perfect your setup. A TX is certainly a big step up from the DFGT. With the TH8A shifter and the T3PA pedals your'e in a league only 1500k+ setups allowed 3 years ago.

Cant see any reason to go TX just to play Forza on XBOX one. The FFB is wery wery bad there if you
compare to almost anything on PC. Maybe the t300 is a better choice so you can be ready for GT7 if
PD get their act togheter on PS4. Then you also get a better rim and save 100 EUR.

Cant see any reason to go TX just to play Forza on XBOX one. The FFB is wery wery bad there if you
compare to almost anything on PC. Maybe the t300 is a better choice so you can be ready for GT7 if
PD get their act togheter on PS4. Then you also get a better rim and save 100 EUR.

Sorry, but i think your wrong, the FFB with the TX on Forza 5 is really good. And the TX has the same wheelbase as the T300, so they are equal on FFB.

Last edited:
Sorry, but i think your wrong, the FFB with the TX on Forza 5 is really good. And the TX has the same wheelbase as the T300, so they are equal on FFB.
Many have critisised the FFB on Forza 5 (esp at 900 rotation). Around neutral the Wheel is completly weightless and has no spring/roadfeel at all wich takes away all the imersion off the fact that you are driving a real car. Have you even compared to other titles like rfactor assetto corsa?? Then you know how a Wheel should feel. Heck even forza horizon 2 is much better than Forza 5...

Forza 5 does have awkward FFB, it just lacks in a couple areas but is good everywhere else. Two main things stick out: 1, is that once you go past front wheel grip levels all FFB just feels like it dies off, almost like your front wheels are completely sideways, 2 the center feels like there is a small FFB deadzone, the car still responds but the FFB is not there, makes its hard to keep in a straight line sometimes because there is nothing forcing you to keep it center. If you can look past those two things Forza 5 is not that bad with a wheel.

Also it is weird to think that Forza 5 has these problems when I've heard the FH2 does not.

The TX is a great wheel/base and if you have both Xbox and PC I highly recommend it.

The FFB on forza is terrible!! no center feel and the only "effect" is that the wheel tries to countersteer when you turn to simulate a weighted wheel. but it ends up being after about 20* of steering. the steering is also incredibly lazy with 900* DOR but at 360 DOR you only have to turn about 45* to take the tightest of hairpins.

i actually bought a TX a few months ago to get accustomed to wheel driving on forza until PCARS came out. i have since gone back to the controller on forza but can't wait till April 7th and wheel racing again!

Many have critisised the FFB on Forza 5. Around neutral the Wheel is completly weightless an has no spring/roadfeel at all wich takes away all the imersion off the fact that you are driving a real car. Have you even compared to other titles like rfactor assetto corsa?? Then you know how a Wheel should feel. Heck even forza horizon 2 is much better than Forza 5...
On Forza 5 you have to set the all the deathzones to zero. Read the review of F5 on ISR http://www.isrtv.com/reviews/forza-motorsport-5-final-review/
There is also a big difference between "not as good as" and "very very bad".

On Forza 5 you have to set the all the deathzones to zero. Read the review of F5 on ISR http://www.isrtv.com/reviews/forza-motorsport-5-final-review/
He also said that to make it feel better is to lover the rotation wich is completly out off the question.
How hard can it be for turn 10 to program a better spring resistance???? I dont think they care for the
Wheel users wich they have proven time and time again... If you have a pc take a ride and you will never look at Forza again.

been there, done that, it actually is terrible

he's a pretty good driver in iracing and even he couldn't control the car in forza at more than half speed..... they stepped up their programming a bit in horizon 2 but that's not my type of game

That being said Forza is built from the ground up using a controller.

Back on topic: The TX is a great wheel, I've had it for 5 days now and couldn't be happier with the purchase. With so many racing games coming this year (pCARS, F1, WRC, Sebatian Loeb, Forza 6) this would be a great time to get a wheel. My one and only gripe about this wheel is that there are so many duplicate buttons: Three A's, 2 Guides, 2 Views, 2 LB's and 2 RB's. I wish they would lets us program them.

Lets just hope SMS lets us map all the buttons!

I have had a TX from launch of Xbox one, used in Forza 5 and its a great wheel, i use it with about 410 degrees movement, instead of the full 900 and it felt very responsive, i have also used it with Pcars on the PC and it works great too on standard settings, i like the feel stock pedals too, but bought a wheel stand to securely anchor them!!!.
I would recommend one, and alot of people post settings for it, which do make a difference, 900 degrees on forza 5 is useless though.......

Yeah tried that, as people like it a lot, but the ffb seem to harsh for me, but the wheel is still going strong. Hey when you get Pcars can you post your settings.....like to know what people are using? I will do the same:sly:

Last edited:
Sure thing. I have my FFB set at 65 and vibrations set at 50 in Forza 5. All deadzones 0-100. Just in case you wanted to know. The only thing that I don't like about Forza 5's FFB is that there is almost zero center feel and once you go past front wheel grip levels the wheel just goes limp.

Obviously that is a fault by Turn 10 and not the wheel. Im sure pCARS will suck everything out of the TX if what im reading on ere is right.

I'm still debating on whether it's worth the money or not when it's really only going to be used for one game, but in the meantime I'm working on designs for a frame to mount it all to. I assume the wheel base has clamps or something? If so how thick of a base is it capable of clamping on to and if not, what means are there of mounting it? Same for the pedals, though I don't expect any kind of clamp on them what other means do they have of being fixed in place?

Back