TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458

• Thread starter swg
  • 42 comments
The clamp can reach about 6cm Maybe even 8cm. Just guesstimating. I have mine clamped on a TV tray that is about 3cm thick. and the clamp works just fine. As for the pedals, you are going to want them on a carpet surface with them backed up against something. Or mounted of course.

Thank you, that provides pretty well everything I needed other than ARGGG METRIC SYSTEM. :) Not a big deal just harder to visualize after 30+ years of looking at everything as feet/inches.

Amazon, but not from Amazon, some other seller. It says "New", so let's hope its true. The seller rating is 90%, so hoping for the best.

Just had a couple buddies order from that seller too. Thanks for the heads up Demon.
It says it's just shipped, so I guess we'll find out next week. Seems a bit too good to be true, maybe there will be no GTE rim in the box? :) even if so, it still would be cheaper than wheel price of 293.

Yeah, it doesn't sound too out of line though. Says they are a liquidation company so maybe they just acquired some units for cheap and just trying to turn a quick profit.

Was hoping that maybe they would just sell the rim for sub-100 bucks.

Just checked UPS and it says planned for delivery Friday!! Sweet!

Now, I want to ask, is the firmware update required on this wheel and what does it do exactly?

Ok, so I had the wheel for two days now. I'm using the the GTE rim for it, which feels nice. The wheel is good and if you don't have a wheel, it's a good one to get for sure. However, I was a bit underwhelmed by it at the same time.

I've had the DFGT before it and at least pCARS wise the upgrade is not massive. Yes, the FFB is stronger and can be made MUCH stronger, but the way I set it up now it's marginally better than my old wheel. It is better, for sure, but if you are tight on money I have to say that DFGT worked very well with pCARS. There is a bit more details coming in now with my new wheel and the wheel feel is more like the real wheel in a real car.

So if you don't have top of the line wheel, I think you will still be pretty happy with how the game feels.

Back