TZ250 Yamaha - Challenge Difficulty

• Thread starter Fredzy
  • 128 comments
wow... this thread hit home...
ive finished all the races except the tz250...
the challenge is a muuuutha..
im gonna finish it tonight or im stappin some m80's to my disc .:ouch:

cya

This one did take me a while. It's so annoying since braking just a little longer than necessary or getting on the throttle a little too late usually does you in. I would guess I probably spent about 4 hours total trying to get this bike. What really helped me was knocking out the TZ125 first (after realizing I hadn't done it yet), then going straight from that to the 250 since the course was fresh in my mind. After maybe a half hour of straight trying I finally got it after countless attempts in the past. But it was worth it.

Is there any difference between NTSC and PAL versions? I got TT only a few weeks ago and after reading this thread I was dreading the TZ250 challenge, but I passed it on the second attempt without too much difficulty. I agree that it was tougher than the other challenges, but I didn't think it was hard to do, and I am by no means a good rider. I will try it again tonight and see if I fluked it the first time.

I haven't fired up TT in a few weeks, but if I've run this one (and I think I have) I don't recall having any particular trouble with it, either.

Well I finally got around to trying the TZ 250 challenge again and I have to say it was not hard for me at all, and this time I was using pro control mode. After several warm up races I was able to pass the lead bike by the last hair-pin before the back straight. Good fun it was too, and gave me new found appreciation for this little bike :)

While I may never get around to trying it, it seems obvious to me that this test takes advantage of effective speed you can gain in pro mode which you can't attain in lesser modes.

It's easy to wheelie lots of bikes in the easiest mode, right? But impossible or almost impossible in harder modes? That seems somewhat counter-intuitive (i.e. you might think fore-aft sensitivity would increase, not decrease, in harder modes), but suggests perhaps you can actually accelerate harder in some cases in the "harder" modes without losing front-wheel traction.

apparently, the ntsc version of that test is harder than the pal version

true or not, i couldn't say, but that's what i hear

for the record, i'm pal and it wasn't tough at all :D

Back