TZ250 Yamaha - Challenge Difficulty

• Thread starter Fredzy
  • 128 comments
I agree! - it was hard, so I did other races and challenges. I will get back to that again. I really wanted to own that beatiful TZ250. I like that TZ's tail very much... the one ridden by O.Jacque & S.Nakano in their last 250 season.

First bike took me like 30 minutes of trying, and my time was 2:00 or so. Second time was a week later, 2 times, 2:01; third time was immediately after and took a million tries, 1:46.512; and I got tired of racing that track so I don't have the 4th yet.

The key for me riding that bike is to brake late and turn early, going deep in the corner, then grab all the throttle you've got and get the straightest run at the straightaways as possible. Doing this will allow you to pass the first guy usually before the right hander to the Dunlop bridge, if not well before - if you don't make it by then, be sure to get on his outside, or underneath him after the bridge. He rides like an a**hole, and pays no attention to where you are. If you cannot pass him before the big hairpin before the long straight, start over.

The second guy isn't much faster than the first guy, just farther away. Again, outbrake him and out accelerate him by making the straights longer. You need to be within 2 to 3 seconds of him after the first lap to have any chance of catching up.

You can make up tons of time on them by braking late and turning early - this will put your apex well outside of the inside of the corner, but it'll also give you a sharp and long straightaway; I found my exit speeds to be several mph faster by doing this. As you're flipping around, gas it earlier than you would think - there's really no wheelspin in this game, and you'll be going quite slow at the apex anyway, so gas it and gas it hard!

This is the only bike that really responds well to riding it like that. I tried on the other two strokes, and even the 125, and it just slows you down. Being smooth, however, doesn't seem to appeal to the 250 - you just have to ride hard and quick.

IOMTT
PAL version seems very very easy....

First attempt, nothing serious....

Im with you on this one, I use Pro mode too if that makes a difference? I did it on my second try as on the first try i wasnt paying attention and didnt brake early enough for the first hairpin corner. Im not sure at what stage in the game you guys are doing this challenge but i have all licences 90% of them in silver and a few golds, i also had about 50% of the game complete before i did the race.

Spec...

That's about where I was when I did it also, Spec. The US version took me 3.5 hours of intensive concentration to finish it, and even then it was very close.

Specialized
Im with you on this one, I use Pro mode too if that makes a difference? I did it on my second try as on the first try i wasnt paying attention and didnt brake early enough for the first hairpin corner. Im not sure at what stage in the game you guys are doing this challenge but i have all licences 90% of them in silver and a few golds, i also had about 50% of the game complete before i did the race.

Spec...

I found this challenge on PAL easy too and I've only just started the game. Would have been more fun if it was hard like the NTSC version.

albazz
Easy when I change to "NO" the option: Echec mode.
:rolleyes:

(training 3 hours with Echec mode ON :crazy: )
Which option is that in the North American version?

Well, it took me two hours but I finally got it. I concentrated and passing the first rider on or before the dunlop bridge. I basically braked as late as possible for the first corner after the start finish line, entered wide, and cut it sharply, that way I was able to get on the power very early. Accelerated and got as high as 5th gear before entering the second corner on the insde, took a straight line and started braking hard at the exit and went wide and cut in hard under braking for the corner before the dunlop bridge. I was able to catch the first rider by at the entrance to the corner at the dunlop bridge and took him on the inside before the chicane, once I did that, I just kept it on the road and did it neat and tidy, catching the second rider at the corner before the back straight, passing him shortly after the exit and stayed ahead for 10 seconds which ended in the middle of the last corner. Very satisfying. I used the TZ to win the challenge 22 where I won the Honda 8-hr CBR-1000RRW. The TZ, to my mind anyway, is probably the best bike in the game and well worth the effort.

jammyozzy
Heh, this one only took me about 20 minutes.

Same here. Just got mine a moment ago. This was NOTHING compared to the full course Laguna Seca test on Super. That one took me seventeen hours of continuous attempts. Pro mode, mind you.

Uncreated

The Uncreated
Same here. Just got mine a moment ago. This was NOTHING compared to the full course Laguna Seca test on Super. That one took me seventeen hours of continuous attempts. Pro mode, mind you.

Uncreated

Laguna was hella easy. Im still wondering how this TZ challenge was easy for you. Am i missing something?

*EDIT*
Finally beat it after about 3 hours. I listened to you guy's stadegies such as brake the last second and get the best exit. I passed the first bike before going under the dunlop tire, then caught the second guy on the backstretch on the second lap, and passed him in the turn. My time was 2'01.230 and i raced for the red TZR. Thanks guys!

Hmm...my style has me braking slightly late for most corners, apexing late and then tucking in and on the power very early, which usually means I'm powering out of a corner while the other guy is still bringging his bike back upright. It usually means I'm easily overtaken through tight corners, hairpins especially, but I can then out-drag the person I'm racing on the next straight. :)

I didn't notice any particulate hard challenge on this one. It's among the harder ones yes, but not that hard. Took me 5-6 tries I think, first completed lap where I didn't fall off was it :D

I was riding rather agressive, hard on the brakes, full on the curbes and cutting the apex late into the corners, then full throtle out, on the edge of going wide.

Love that little bike, you can push it sooooo far before it tells you no.

Here's what I did, it's sorta shady, LOL.

I got my laps down really well, so that I was close to him approaching the final hairpin, then I purposely braked late and hit him, knocking him off the line and getting him caught up in not falling. Luckly he didn't fall, and I didn't lose control. I was able to pass and wasn't even half way down the back straight, approaching the final sweeper, when the 10 seconds elapsed and it was all over.

I'll agree with IOMTT.

The PAL version was easy. Got the leader goning into the chicane on lap 2 and did the 10 secs on the run round to the straight. The 125 was just as simple.

I havent done this particular challenge yet, but i completed the sunday cup(i think its the sunday cup, the one where only race bikes are allowed) with a '84 Honda NS250R and that took me a while.

The first race at autumn ring took me two attempts, but the second one at the twin ring oval took ages! ive never liked oval circuits even in GT, and i finally won by like 0.1secs.

Why is this particullar challenge at tsukuba hard then?

Is it because of the AI riders or do you think tsukuba is tough track to be really fast on? Ive found that (like the other guy above) its much better to late apex the hairpins, esp the last one, to gain as much speed as possible down the straights.

The one corner i havent learnt properly yet is the right hander going into the right-left chicane(under the dunlop tyre) i always go into that too hot.

I completed this challenge last night on my 2nd attempt!

I dont know what all the fuss was about? I found the sunday cup race at the oval much harder.

I finally after what feels like a million hours. The trick I believe is the first turn, ride as fast as you can into that right hander and slam on the brakes, dive deep into the corner and get on the throttle ASAP. Same with the hairpin turns. My total time was 1:43.xx. I passed the 2nd rider before the last hairpin and the 10sec timer ran out before I was even close to halfway down the back straight. I really never thought I was going to pass this one!!!:scared: :sly:

I passed the first rider going under the dunlop bridge going into the chicane,

The second rider i dived underneath him going into the last hairpin but we both went wide and he got in front! So i went back underneath him going into the final long right hander!

I won by 0.1 or something.

Late braking for the first and second big corners worked for me. I passed the first guy under the dunlop bridge (lap 1), and the second guy when coming out of the chicane (lap 2) (without cheating). If you want to cheat and get it without much of a challenge just cut the corner on the last turn of the chicane after the dunlop bridge, that should put you ahead a few extra seconds.

Back