TZ250 Yamaha - Challenge Difficulty

• Thread starter Fredzy
  • 128 comments
vtec513
yay i got it i drafter the 2nd bike down the back straight and got inside him on the last turn and i had 4 seconds to go on the 10 sec clock ill post a video for ne one who wants to see

wooooooooo hooooooooo *applause*

Sounds about how I did it. It is so worth it in the end.

If i think that now i must win again this challenge in the PAL version.....
:crazy: :crazy: :scared: :scared:

i saw also that the gold times for driving test are a little bit more difficult......damn......i mesmerized to get all gold in japanese version

:guilty:

Wow. I'm pretty lucky then. I beat the computer right on the line. The 10 sec timer didn't even come up. Took me 1.5 hours to do it. I was really pissed off that it took me that long but you guys have confirmed that it was hard. I thought I was just a crap driver.

lsim001
Wow. I'm pretty lucky then. I beat the computer right on the line. The 10 sec timer didn't even come up. Took me 1.5 hours to do it. I was really pissed off that it took me that long but you guys have confirmed that it was hard. I thought I was just a crap driver.

was same for me 1st time completing it, now it's a doddle:)

pmc40
...now it's a doddle:)

I could only wish. I've gone back a dozen times since and cant win another. I think I just suck at this game and play it just because I enjoy it. HEHE, a person cant be good at everything. 👍

see whats funny is i find this game to be much easier than gt4, I have TT 100%, all bikes, all golds, now im goin back and winning all the diff colors. I fired up GT4 last night and couldnt even keep the car on the track, I was flat out frustrated. But yes the TZ250 challenge is a pain, but i think this system of getting bikes is good cuz it forces you to learn the bike and the track, which is prolly why i tore thru most of the races cuz i won alot of bikes first.

That's incredible...in PAL version i won this bike very easily
I'm so much more good now in all things, braking, best lines, cornering ecc..
I had to try only 4 or 5 times to get it.....
I'm very disappointed because in the pal version they didn't add some more legendary italian bikes (like ducati 916-998-monster, aprilia tuono) or honda hornet for example, very popular bikes around the world, but only few rubbish japan racing modified bikes....too bad
:grumpy:

I agree the bike list is small, as well as the track list, i think Polyphony put this out to just kinda test the waters to see how well it would be received, hopefully the next incarnation will be more expanded, with a much more historical sense to it

I just realised last nite that the game becomes much easier if you do a qualifying lap first before the race. I don't know how the qualifying works but after one lap I am always in 1st position. This means that instead of being last and having a 15sec handicap I now start in 1st position and have at least a 5 sec advantage.

I know...i'm not living up to my full potential but I'll work on that once I've got all the bikes and finished all the races. ::)

kaos1976
I'm very disappointed because in the pal version they didn't add some more legendary italian bikes (like ducati 916-998-monster, aprilia tuono) or honda hornet for example, very popular bikes around the world, but only few rubbish japan racing modified bikes....too bad
:grumpy:

What bikes did they add? I'm interested to know. Perhaps can post some pics...:)

After all i read in this topic,i have left the TZ challenge for later,and i tried 5 minutes ago for the 1st time.And i managed to win the TZ on my first attempt! The race was at 200 bpm,i passed the second rider just some msec before the finish line.I saved the replay of course its fun watching it again!

got it 4th try, just exited the last haripin harder than the AI and drafted right up to the back of him, then rode round the outside of him on the last corner..... just ogtta win it 3 more times now to get all colours :sly:

I won my second one in the NTSC version last night, I failed twice then got it easily, I swear I nearly got the guy by the end of the first lap and passed him before the hairpin before the straight on lap 2, only to be repassed. I drafted and repassed him before the final curve to get the red colored one as the 10 second timer expired just before the start/finish line. :)

I promptly binned it twice trying to get the blue one and went to bed. 2 more to go....

I just won this challenge..

And it was CLOSE!!!:scared:

How close? Well, the 10 second timer ran out....on the finish line!!!

Right on the finish line on the 2nd lap..and in my happinees, forgot to save the replay..:nervous: That would have been an awesome replay!

always best to qualify as it will put you in first place off the line.. so far no need to muck about with any settings other than gearing... use the auto gearing so that on the longest straight your bike is just redlining in top gear as you reach the braking point... you should find the race much easier then...

er6n
always best to qualify as it will put you in first place off the line

Except this is a challenge so you can't qualify or change the settings.

I just finished getting all 4 colors, allow me to present the final lap of the final color in photo form.

Tracking down the #1 guy on Lap 2.

Nearly got him...

Same pic as above, just in widescreen and pulled back, way off in the distance you can see a blue bike, he's the #3 guy.

The Draft

Crusing to victory on the final curve, you can almost see the dejected look on the #2 guy's face as he knows he's been bested.

Total time 1'55 and some change.

Attached file is the replay.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• REPLAY.zip
    23.2 KB · Views: 18
yes it is... will read properly next time.. thought you were talking about tz250 race series.... had no probs with the challenge on pal version....

I decided I wanted to beat this one without any cheating. I did it. I was surprised it only took me a few tries. But it feels good that I was able to do it without cutting any corners or stuff-blocking the other bikes. I saved the replay, but I'm not sure how to share it. But it's encouragement to the folks that have just picked up the game in Europe and Australia.

Once I stopped crashing at the second hairpin (ahem... four times in succession, what a dope) I nailed this one (just barely) on the fifth attempt, winning by about two seconds.

Everyone's riding style is different of course, but I found the AI dead slow into and out of the first and third hairpins, so I concentrated on making ground there. I found the AI was respectable through the chicane and the final corner before the finish line, so I didn't bust a gut trying to play catch up there. For those bits I just concentrated on being tidy (and gained a bit of ground, I think). Oh, and I learned not to turn in on the second hairpin until the bike has slowed down sufficiently!

after redoing this challenge to get the grey bike, im surprised it took me so many tries the last time. this time i was 1 second too slow to win by time out.

Yeah!!! WooHoo for me, I finally beat this f'n challenge! Took it all the way to the end with a 2'01"53. I know that's slow azz he11 but after countless tries I could care less. Perhaps it'll be easy now?

Reading it was difficult and failing to win in the beginning of the game I waited until I had finished about 90% of the game. Then tried it and won on third try, quite easy, then drove the remaining 3 colors with 4 tries... :)

I've now won at least one copy of all bikes except for the TZ125 and TZ250. Those are the only two challenges at Tsukuba, right? (US version). I think I tried each of them a couple of times, and got to within a few seconds on one (presumably TZ125), and lost lots of times on the other. Overall, I'm a really bad player of video games...

Apart from these two challenges, which I haven't really evaluated because of their reputation :) (i.e. so I left them till last) I found the Fuji 90's challenges the hardest; I needed pretty much all of the available laps to catch up and pass, and won most of the bikes at that track by finishing the race. There just didn't seem to be the "AI don't have a clue, but this is easy for me" sections which most of the other tracks had.

IMO Tsukuba is the most overdone POS track in TT and GT. That track is so small and stuipid and they use it for so many races.

And yeah, that was the hardest bike to unlock.

This was the most difficult one for me untill now, but nothing near impossible.I had it done in my 3th try without cutting the chicane.

I noticed that it was important to brake as late as possible, and get as much speed though all the corners.A good racing line is the key to succes here.Get that right, and you will win it.But the handeling of this bike is really not the best to let it roll through corners, as I mostly do.It is more like: Going on the brakes as late as possible, and hit the throttle as early as you can after braking.

I got the last one before the entry of the last corner.I just got out of the 10 second limit, before I got to the finish.

This challenge really asks much of the driving skills.I like that!:)

Tsukuba is over used for one simple historical reason, its the venue for the Japanese Time Attacks where HKS, Greddy and all those guys take their insane EVOs, STIs, Skylines, IS300s, etc for some nasty time attack action. :sly:

Anyways, I find the track to short but its very technical and not easy to get a perfect line around it. I still managed to get the TZ250 challenge done after about 3 retries, not that hard if you've been playing the game itself for a while already. I won it at the back straight of the 2nd lap after the 10 sec countdown, about half way down the straight.

Now that i think about it...I passed the second rider just some msecs before the finish line,so there was no countdown.But i have the TZ in my garage...:dunce:

Back