UEFA Champions League Thread [Archive]

• Thread starter DQuaN
  • 4,646 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been classed as a own goal.

Real looked like they can go for another, too much space for Modric & Isco who can easily pick a killer pass. And Aguero is constantly isolated.
That's the most questionable own goal i've seen...

Real keep pushing to double their lead, but Man City can easily capitalize on a RM mistake and tie the score.. It's anyone's game at this point.

EDIT: OK, that should have been a red card for Lucas Vasquez... it looked like he wanted to actually hurt the player 👎

Last edited:
Spanish final it is then. Poop. Manchester City was meh at best. Real Madrid wasn't much better.

Atletico kinda ruined the game yesterday, and Bayern had a terrible offday.

Not the greatest set of semifinals I've seen.

Here's to Atletico to win the final. :cheers:

Dull as dishwater I think is the expression that sums up that game... another all Madrid final... can't say it was undeserved though... Man City did nothing and were lucky not to lose by more, but Master Chef was more entertaining.

Missed the whole thing because of work but doesn't sound like I missed much, someone will most probably have posted the Bale goal on Twitter so Ill watch it there.

I don't think I even need to say anything about last night's performance from City as I'm sure you all know what I'd say.

It was disappointing that a team with so much potential and so much money spent, played so poorly and with such lack of desire to win. I guess the same could be said about RM, but at least they had more chances and played a bit harder.

The way I see it now, Atletico is taking this CL.

tumblr_mzg1ynul7E1s36aafo1_500.gif

It was disappointing that a team with so much potential and so much money spent, played so poorly and with such lack of desire to win. I guess the same could be said about RM, but at least they had more chances and played a bit harder.

City had no blood, like we say here in México (No tienen sangre en las venas). I'm not saying they could have destroyed Madrid, but they had the talent and firepower to do a lot of damage to this particularly weak Madrid. I mean, Wolfsburg did it, and there is a huuuuuge difference in talent between the two of them.

I can't believe City couldn't score a SINGLE GOAL when you have a guy that has scored over 20 goals this season and is the leading scorer in the Premier League, when you have a Toure Yayá, when you spent 80 million in this de Bruyne guy who had the most assists last season in the Bundesliga, etc, etc, etc... Pathetic.

Think Atletico is going to win the final. But that maybe is just because i am a fan of Atletico. Atletico have won from Bayern, Barca and haven't lost against Real in La Liga this season.

The defence of Atletico is so well organised and strong, i don't think Real is able to score a goal. But on the other hand if Bale and Ronaldo are in-form you will never know what Real's attack is capable of.

I want Real to win but I can't see it happening. Atletico winning would not be good for football in my opinion. Cynical fouling, bullying of opposition all lead by an asshole of a manager. It's full Chelsea. And it could spread if Atletico win.

I want Real to win but I can't see it happening. Atletico winning would not be good for football in my opinion. Cynical fouling, bullying of opposition all lead by an asshole of a manager. It's full Chelsea. And it could spread if Atletico win.

Not even Chelsea in it's best days could outplay today's Atlético in terms of defensive football. IMHO of course.

Not even Chelsea in it's best days could outplay today's Atlético in terms of defensive football. IMHO of course.
I wasn't talking about their defensive football, I meant more of the winding up the opposition and influencing the refs.

Atletico are the best defensive team in the world though, no question. They've only conceded 18 goals in La Liga all season, that's is insane.

English ref Mark Clattenburg to take charge of the final.

I'm watching the game on my tablet - very pleasantly surprised at BT Sport's coverage online... and it's made me realise how useless Sky Go is in comparison... zero buffering and a crystal clear pic 100% of the time... I'm seriously considering cancelling Sky since watching F1 on Sky Go is utter crap. Anyway, pretty good game and I hope Atletico can up their game a bit but Real are looking good - Bale is playing well, despite the dives...

I'm watching the game on my tablet - very pleasantly surprised at BT Sport's coverage online... and it's made me realise how useless Sky Go is in comparison... zero buffering and a crystal clear pic 100% of the time...

I'm watching it via BT Sport's free YouTube stream, because Virgin Anywhere is utter garbage. Much better this way.

I haven't been watching this, but please don't tell me ronny ripped off his shirt, did a chest-pound e.t.c... I think I might throw up

Last edited:
Oh FFS... I just watched the whole game online but I just discovered it was on Freeview on BT's free channel the whole time... Oh well, at least it was in HD on my tablet...

Brilliant game, but I think the wrong team won - still, great to see Atletico come back in the 2nd half...

Oh FFS... I just watched the whole game online but I just discovered it was on Freeview on BT's free channel the whole time... Oh well, at least it was in HD on my tablet...

Brilliant game, but I think the wrong team won - still, great to see Atletico come back in the 2nd half...
It was free to watch on Sky BT Sport Europe channel too...

Not a bad game, but Pepe should have been sent off for that ridiculous behaviour, twice.

Good game, congrats to Real, had to be Ronaldo to win it!

Very cruel on Atletico though, it was a pretty even contest and they played a full part in it, to lose on penalties is the worst way....

Also Pepe is a disgrace to Football.

#BringBaleOffNow

A top Twitter trend during the game. Now that that game is done and dusted, get him in the Hannibal Lecter restraints and on the plane to France.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back