UEFA Champions League Thread [Archive]

• Thread starter DQuaN
  • 4,646 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought there was hope for Benfica then, after they leveled over the two legs, but now Munich have the away goal I don't see them scoring two more. If anything I see Munich running them ragged now with Benfica having to push forward to get the goals.

Atletico Barca is slowly turning into a dirty match. The Barca players are showing their frustrations.

WTF

Full blown hands in the box, and he gets a yellow.

Still a penalty for Atletico. 2-0. 👍 👍 👍

Great to see the stadium respond to the gestures of Simeone.

Aaaaaaaaaaand Barca are out! Great game by Atletico. Superb stuff.

Last edited:
Benfica ended 2-2 with Bayern. I belived in us passing, a slight chance, but I could see this result coming. It was very hard not to concede a goal against Bayern. And I have to say, our attack usually starts in the bench and they did a great job. Not happy with the result, but pleased with the team. Benfica will be here again next year.

This has been an atypical CL with the biggest contender out, the other went through a hard time. Ronaldo carrying Real from a bigger surprise and one of the best team eliminated by City. This is getting interesting.

Last edited:
Welp. We had a good run and hopefully we won't humiliate ourselves against Real.

I can see it being Real vs Bayern in the final.

Oh look, another chance for a single country final.

In the history of the European Cup onwards* it has only happened 5 times but those 5 occasions have all come since 1999/00:

1999/00: Real Madrid vs Valencia
---
---
2002/03: AC Milan vs Juventus
---
---
---
---
2007/08: Manchester United vs Chelsea
---
---
---
---
2012/13: Bayern München vs Borussia Dortmund
2013/14: Real Madrid vs Athletico Madrid
---
2015/16: ??? vs ???

Undoubtedly giving England, Spain and Germany three or four Champions League spots has been the problem here. Gee, who'd have thought that loads of clubs from the same countries every year would lead to this? :rolleyes:

*While it never happened and was highly improbable, it was possible for a single country final in the European Cup days. The only method would have been last year's champions and the winners of the champions' domestic league.

You're kidding right?
City can do it, they've beaten big teams before and just knocked out PSG. Real have not been convincing this year, they were put under a lot of pressure against Roma and left themselves with a lot to do against Wolfsburg.

The game probably depends on their midfields, if Toure plays, city lose. If Casemiro doesn't play, Real lose.

The way City played the last night against PSG, nobody would beat them.

That and I always like an opportunistic guess.:P

City can do it, they've beaten big teams before and just knocked out PSG. Real have not been convincing this year, they were put under a lot of pressure against Roma and left themselves with a lot to do against Wolfsburg.

The game probably depends on their midfields, if Toure plays, city lose. If Casemiro doesn't play, Real lose.

City didn't even play that great even against a weakened PSG side without Luiz, Verratti and Matuidi.

I can see Atletico going to the final. If they play Carrasco and Griezmann as their front men then they can sure worry the Bayern defence.

Despite of SL Benfica being humiliated, I'm very proud of the players, because they worked very hard to fight for the semi-finals of the Champions. And after they were eliminated, they recieved applauses from the fans.

Barcelona was also eliminated, but they were whistled and contested by the fans. Luis Enrique, the Barcelona's Coach was also whistled and insulted after Barcelona were eliminated by Atletico Madrid.

I would like to see Real Madrid or Manchester City as winners of Champion's League.

They have done but only when it hasn't really mattered. We couldn't beat Juventus on both occasions.
Dynamo Kiev are a team we should be beating, we did and yet the first leg was the first competitive game they'd played in months after Xmas.

PSG were tougher and our sloppiness showed in Zlatan's goal. They had a few of their players missing in the second leg.

I really cannot see City beating Real. But if they do, then I will believe we will win the competition.

I do think the winner will be from the Athletico Bayern tie, but I think Bayern will just about have too much for them. Maybe.

Semi final this week, City v Real Madrid tomorrow with Atletico v Bayern on Wednesday....

I'm in desperate need of some high-class football after watching the Dutch cup final.

Twente got knocked out in the second round, so...... Nope.
Nevermind then. I would of thought they would of got that far. :lol:

But I see Elia got the winning goal.
Weird to see him back in the Eredivisie after decent spells at Bremen and Southampton.

Man City vs Real Madrid: Otamendi seems to be doing a superb job at handling Bale. Both teams have been somewhat aggressive this first few minutes, but I def see Man City putting the pressure on Real's defenders.

Huge blow as Silva goes off with an injury. End to end game so far but I like the look of Vazquez as Jese should of started in my opinion.

Marcelo is practically inviting City to come in and pass along as they wish. The guy is incredibly overrated. David Luiz-type-overrated.

Marcelo is practically inviting City to come in and pass along as they wish. The guy is incredibly overrated. David Luiz-type-overrated.

I hate him and Pepe with the deepest of passions. Tough as nails when making a tackle, crying like a little bitch when being tackled. :yuck:

Well he is more of an attacker providing for the overlap rather than a defensive full back. Lucky to have him fit all season as they loaned out Coentrao.

I'm in desperate need of some high-class football after watching the Dutch cup final.

Haha yes indeed, it was verry poor from both teams really. If Utrecht's goalkeeper was more confident and experienced Utrecht would've won the cup.

Holy crap!!! what a chance missed by Real!! Hart was lucky on that one!

Never thought I would say this, but Real Madrid does depends on CR7. And bad luck for them as it looks like he won't play the return leg next week.

MC needs to take advantage of this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back