UEFA Champions League Thread [Archive]

• Thread starter DQuaN
  • 4,646 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both managers can be content with the 0-0 draw. But both Pepe and Kompany have been really impressive, barely any mistakes to have been made by them.

Sorry for DP.

Missed the game because I have only just got in from work and it looks like I didn't miss much, seen that fantastic Hart save!

Went to the pub to watch it last night. I said at the start that Real would play safe and let City tire themselves out before turning it up a notch in the second half. That's what happened. 0-0 was a fair result I thought. Now for the return leg where we get thrashed.

So far, I've been wrong in my predictions of the last few matches on this thread. Having said that, I predict Atletico will roll over Bayern. Only because it'd be interesting to see a Bayern - Real Madrid final :P

I don't even bother with predictions because there has been plenty of surprises. Although I guessed MC-RM would be 0-0.

I'm gonna go with a 2-0 win for Atletico. With an impressive home record for Atletico and Bayern didn't look the most convincing against Benfica; but I could be totally wrong if Costa, Lewandowski and Muller turn up on the night.

Yep, Simeone's boys are showing up. Although I still would like to see a Bayern - Real final, it would also be kind of played out and typical of a CL final. An Atletico - Man City final would definitely be a great thing for UEFA by showing that not only historically elite teams can be champions.

Atletico needs another goal if they want to make it to the final. Unless Bayern keeps on screwing up in sight of the goal, of course.

Unlucky for Torres to hit the post. But great masterclass by Atletico in suppressing Lewandowski, Costa and Coman. I can see the winner of this tie going all the way but it is still all to play for at the Allianz.

Bayern v Atletico tonight with Real Madrid v Man City tomorrow, its 1-0 to Atletico and Real-City is 0-0, Ronaldo is back but no Benzema.

Let's see how Ronaldo gets injured tonight tomorrow and ruins his chances of playing at the EC this summer.

So, Bayern gets screwed royally. Penalty that should have been a free kick, and the stadium went silent.

Torres misses the penalty. Neuer stops the penalty. Of course.

ATLETICO TO THE FINAL. 👍 👍 👍

Last edited:
Great job by Atletico. Coman had wasted too many chances but it was really close towards the end when Carrasco gave the ball away for the counter......

Edit: Typo.

Fair play to athletico. Knew it was going to be a hard night on them but they held firm and soldiered though.

After redefining what anti-football is to me (and coming to the conclusion that "anti-football" is everything what makes football a sport not worth watching), I just hope Real Madrid advances to the final and beats the crap out of Atlético.

Benzema & Casemiro ruled out. Could see Ronaldo play striker with Jesé or Vazquez on the left wing. And Kovacic replacing Casemiro.

Fair play to Atletico, they truly are a complete team right now.

I hope they can keep it together in Milan. It's time for Atletico to take the big ears home.

Well.. It looks like it'll be a Madrid derby in the final.

I can't see City beating Real after the game at the Etihad especially if Ronaldo is playing. If he isn't then they will need to take full advantage. I'll be cheering them on from the pub tonight and hoping they don't embarrass themselves. I'll be proud even if we lose though, it's been a great attempt so far.

Real doesn't have it as easy as many people think. They couldn't score an away goal in Manchester and now without the reliable midfielder Casemiro they are going to need to hold City tight and not make any mistakes at all. Agüero can very well slip past Sergio Ramos and surprise Navas at any given time.
Also, no Benzema. Man City's defense is strong as it is and I don't think Ronaldo will be the same as when his French teammate is on the field.

Good luck to both teams 👍. I see this as a 50-50 game.

Looks like Kompany is already out. 8 minutes into the game.

Yup. Self-inflicted thigh injury by the looks of it.

Edit.

COME ON CITIZENS.

Aaaaand Bale scores a lovely one. Great finishing, and with the right foot!

RM 1 - Man City 0 after 23'

Last edited:
Aaaaand Bale scores a lovely one. Great finishing, and with the right foot!

RM 1 - Man City 0 after 23'
It's been classed as a own goal.

Real looked like they can go for another, too much space for Modric & Isco who can easily pick a killer pass. And Aguero is constantly isolated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back