Ugliest car in GT3 (by popular request)

Ugliest car in GT3? Or anywhere for that matter....

• Trueno GT-Apex Shigeno version (popular choice)

Votes: 58 8.5%
  • Trueno GT-Apex (another popular choice)

Votes: 51 7.5%
  • Daihatsu Mira

Votes: 103 15.1%
  • Suzuki Alto Works

Votes: 133 19.4%
  • Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak

Votes: 86 12.6%
  • Volkswagen Lupo

Votes: 44 6.4%
  • Austin Allegro

Votes: 46 6.7%
  • Africa

Votes: 34 5.0%
  • Badger

Votes: 20 2.9%
  • Fox

Votes: 18 2.6%
  • None of the above

Votes: 101 14.8%

• Total voters
Ugliest car in GT3 is the current Toyota Celica.

Ugliest not in GT3 is the Pontiac Aztek.

I agree on the Aztec, also that older Toyota Mini-Van you know the one that looks like they put the body on backward.

Toyota Previa? I think it looks adequate...

Here we go off-topic (oh well shoot me)
Previas are actually very interesting. I've worked on quite a few...Previa owners seem oddly serious about upkeeping them on the road, you gotta admire the devotion that I've seen them display (kinda the same love you see amongst Prius owners).

1. Mid-engine, which is an inline-4, yet lies sideways under the front seats!

2. To change the oil and do some other maintenance work, you have to tilt the driver's seat backwards fully, and lift a panel to get to the dipstick & oil fill area. :lol:

3. The Previa has an oil reservoir located under the front hood (where you'd think the engine would be. This reservoir holds several quarts of oil).

4. 4-wheel drive in some models! Toyota was thinking ahead on that one (for a mini-van).

Last edited:
Here we go off-topic (oh well shoot me)
Previas are actually very interesting. I've worked on quite a few...Previa owners seem oddly serious about upkeeping them on the road, you gotta admire the devotion that i've seen them display (kinda the same love you see amongst Prius owners).

1. Mid-engine, which is an inline-4, yet lies sideways under the front seats!

2. To change the oil and do some other maintenance work, you have to tilt the driver's seat backwards fully, and lift a panel to get to the dipstick & oil fill area. :lol:

3. The Previa has an oil reservoir located under the front hood (where you'd think the engine would be. This reservoir holds several quarts of oil.

4. 4-wheel drive in some models! Toyota was thinking ahead on that one (for a mini-van)

The short hood (no engine, just a control panel and some resevoirs, I think) also helped drivers trying to park; you could literally (if the windshield allowed) reach out and nearly touch the headlights. And yes, Previa owners are fiercely devoted to their cars. I know because my mother owned one, until my siblings and I all grew, and she finally let it go for a new Sienna. The fact that it was falling apart helped too.

Theres even a bitesize version of the Previa in the form of the Daihatsu Hi-Jet van. You can get a 6 seat "people carrier" version.

How can anyone vote for the trueno! Its one of the best looking cars in the game (except for an Aston martin) and with sim tires it is one of the best handling to.

How can anyone vote for the trueno! Its one of the best looking cars in the game (except for an Aston martin) and with sim tires it is one of the best handling to.

the jury knows where it stands on this one - can't believe this conversation is still going on... after HOW many years? :dunce:

The Trueno is still butt ugly
:yuck: :D

Oh, I see - silly me. There I was thinking real-life when I said 'my car' - as for in the game, well anything would leave the Trueno really wouldn't it? Even the Vitz :crazy:

C'mon the Trueno (Corolla GTS in my world) isn't that bad. Nowhere near as bad a the Daihatsu Mira. What about the Vertigo? and I m sure if I looked through the cars again I could find something far more repulsive. The great thing about GT4 is it's got lots of way uglier rides. Alright is that really the great thing?

Last edited:
C'mon the Trueno (Corolla GTS in my world) isn't that bad. Nowhere near as bad a the Daihatsu Mira. What about the Vertigo? and I m sure if I looked through the cars again I could find something far more repulsive. The great thing about GT4 is it's got lots of way uglier rides. Alright is that really the great thing?

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous:
The Trueno has a Dual Overhead Camshaft.
The Corrolla GTS has a SINGLE Overhead Camshaft!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
130 HP vs 115HP, but I forgive you:)

Also Vitz vs AE86........HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whats your saying, there aint no replacement for displacement...... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :Dies from laughter: ha

Last edited:
I cant wait for when the Trueno comes into play in GT5.

I'll have to buy it as my first car like all the other games :lol:

Trueno will beat alot of cars muuwhahaha...

Anyways come on Trueno aint the ugliest. It may be a brick lol

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous:

Well, it's not our fault we don't get the "good" stuff from Japan. Here in America, we usually get the shaft.

Last edited:
I cant wait for when the Trueno comes into play in GT5.

I'll have to buy it as my first car like all the other games :lol:

Trueno will beat alot of cars muuwhahaha...

Anyways come on Trueno aint the ugliest. It may be a brick lol

correct. Looks like a brick, handles like a brick. Only worse :dopey:

give me an S2000 any day. Oh, and there are no Truenos in the UK thankfully, A- because they were called Corolla here too, and B- because they've all rotted away a long time ago 👍

correct. Looks like a brick, handles like a brick. Only worse :dopey:

give me an S2000 any day. Oh, and there are no Truenos in the UK thankfully, A- because they were called Corolla here too, and B- because they've all rotted away a long time ago 👍

I'm glad to see that you have SOME taste a.k.a S2000.

But not enough, which is why you go into to a restaurant and order a well done steak!:lol::lol::lol::P

800px-Austin_Allegro_Brown_1.JPG

The only car to be more aerodynamic going in reverse.

an Allegro is kinda like a jelly mould on wheels. Do a Google search, just for a laugh. Go on, do it :)

apparently it's going to feature prominently in GT5

Also Vitz vs AE86........HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whats your saying, there aint no replacement for displacement...... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :Dies from laughter: ha

Ahh, but the US did get the DOHC young grasshopper. I forgive you. (See Below) Mind you the US emission spec motor only cranked out a wheezing 112hp. At the time the Corolla GTS came into the US there were very few cars available with DOHC -4 valves per cylinder, and a stock limited slip diff. Lots of performance parts were readilly available to fix it's shortcommings. The car was an instant hit with road racers and especially rallyists.

The world of drifting has brought a lot of love and hate on the ae86. It may not be the prettiest thing, but when you compare it to some of the other creations of the mid 1980s, it's pretty tidy. I could hate on the ae86 because it is the posterchild for drifting, but the only real reason I can think of to hate on it is the lack of them left in useable condition for those of us who like to play with old cheap cars. (Hardly fair to compare the AE86 to a S2000 by the way)

Wikipedia
North American AE86 specifications and year changes
There are three types of Corolla Sport RWD for the US market: DX, SR5, and GT-S, though it seems the DX was more of an internal Toyota designation, as brochures, and the like do not include the DX designation;[1] it was more of an interior trim level, as most everything else is the same as the SR5. It is grouped in with the SR5 in this list, as that is the commonly used name for all North American Corolla Sport models that are not GT-S equipped.[1]

Model Years of production: 1984 to 1987
Versions: SR5 and GT-S (85+ Only)
Drag Coefficient: 0.39
Odometer Calibration: 637 revs = 1 km (Canada Only) / 1026 revs = 1 mile (USA Only)

[edit] SR5 specifications
Chassis Code: AE86
Horsepower: 87 hp (64 kW) @ 4800 rpm* Torque: 85 ft·lbf (115 N·m) @ 2800 rpm* Weight: approximately 2200 lb (998 kg) to 2400 lb (1089 kg)
Engine: 4A-C, 1587 cc
Engine Type: SOHC 8-valve Inline-4 Carburated
M/T Transmission: T50, 6-bolt flywheel
A/T Transmission: A42DL, 4-speed overdrive w/lockup torque converter, mechanically controlled, with electronically engaged overdrive
Compression: 9.0:1
Differential: 6.38" Open with 4.10:1 Ratio, 2-pinion (Automatic) (S292) or 3.91:1 Ratio, 4-pinion (5-speed) (S314)
Wheels/Tires: 13x5" +33 mm Offset Rims with 185/70-13 Tires
First 7 Digits of VIN: JT2AE86

[edit] GT-S specifications
Chassis Code: AE86
Horsepower: 112 hp (84 kW) @ 6600 rpm* Torque: 100 ft·lbf (132 N·m) @ 4800 rpm* Weight: approximately 2200 lb (998 kg) to 2400 lb (1089 kg)
Engine: 4A-GEC, 1587 cc
Engine Type: DOHC 16-valve Inline-4 AFM Multiport Fuel Injection w/T-VIS
Transmission: T50, 8-bolt flywheel
Injector Size: approx. 180 cc, low impedance
Compression: 9.4:1
Differential: 6.7" Open (T282) or optional LSD (USA Only) (T283) with 4.30:1 Ratio, 2-pinion
Wheels/Tires: 14x5.5" +27 mm Offset Rims with 185/60-14 Tires (195/60-14 for 86+ models)
First 7 Digits of VIN: JT2AE88

Ahh, but the US did get the DOHC young grasshopper. I forgive you. (See Below) Mind you the US emission spec motor only cranked out a wheezing 112hp. At the time the Corolla GTS came into the US there were very few cars available with DOHC -4 valves per cylinder, and a stock limited slip diff. Lots of performance parts were readilly available to fix it's shortcommings. The car was an instant hit with road racers and especially rallyists.

The world of drifting has brought a lot of love and hate on the ae86. It may not be the prettiest thing, but when you compare it to some of the other creations of the mid 1980s, it's pretty tidy. I could hate on the ae86 because it is the posterchild for drifting, but the only real reason I can think of to hate on it is the lack of them left in useable condition for those of us who like to play with old cheap cars. (Hardly fair to compare the AE86 to a S2000 by the way)

Good find, but the GT-S is still 18 horses behind the Trueno:)

Good find, but the GT-S is still 18 horses behind the Trueno:)

As I said...in America, we usually get the shaft when it comes to Japanese imports. :indiff: Probably due to emissions restrictions in this case.

Last edited:
We actually get the shaft all the way around even with some cars made here. Some like FORD make some great performers and guess what? Yes they are sent over the ocean and we never see them.

We actually get the shaft all the way around even with some cars made here. Some like FORD make some great performers and guess what? Yes they are sent over the ocean and we never see them.

Very true. How you been? Good to see you.

an Allegro is kinda like a jelly mould on wheels. Do a Google search, just for a laugh. Go on, do it :)

apparently it's going to feature prominently in GT5

How dare you! :irked:

Yes, it's been five long years but I had to come back to check you losers haven't broken anything. Good to see a dinosaur of a thread like this can survive for so long.

Somewhat disappointed that the Trueno isn't doing better after all this time.

you guys are high or something, take a white sprinter trueno, put gold BBS rims on it and lower..i think it is a very appealing look....maybe it is just because i love old hatches though....but just try it...i wish i could screenshot my car but idk how.

Back