Un-official GTPlanet BBC Topgear UK ThreadTV 

• Thread starter ExigeEvan
  • 10,125 comments
Some of the noisier Top Gear fans have shown to be some of the most unpleasant people ever. Their lack of respect for other car programs shows just this. Just look at their intolerance for Fifth Gear or Top Gear US.

Consequently, I'm not surprised that there are morons who blame Oisin Tymon for what has happened to Top Gear or the death threats that Tony Hall has received.
This too, I wonder what they were thinking or if they were capable of thinking for a few seconds at all.

It sucks to know that people like that exist. "A TV host I like was fired, better send death threats to the network director." I like TG and I understand completely why Clarkson should be let go because of the incident since they have to draw the line somewhere.

Wonder how difficult it must for those "fans" to actually read about the incident and think reasonably :rolleyes:

I hope we do get to see the final episodes of S22, or as we can call it, the final episodes of the JC era of TG, as a fan, it will be in some way , closure , I dont care if there is no studio segments, I dont care if there is no SIARPC, or hot laps, I will miss the "news" segment however. While I care whats going to happen to the show, that is in the future, I just want to see the end of the current era before we move on to the new era of Top Gear either on the BBC or a new version on different network.

I hope we do get to see the final episodes of S22, or as we can call it, the final episodes of the JC era of TG, as a fan, it will be in some way , closure , I dont care if there is no studio segments, I dont care if there is no SIARPC, or hot laps, I will miss the "news" segment however. While I care whats going to happen to the show, that is in the future, I just want to see the end of the current era before we move on to the new era of Top Gear either on the BBC or a new version on different network.
Probably will be handled with monologue by some celebrity (like Jimmy Carr after the season 8 (?).

So did May playing the flute, but that's just for a giggle though i bet they wouldn't be able to resist the temptation ;)
Oh I've been watching May's twitter over the past few days of his recorder attempts, but that is the first sign of Richard announcing (formally or not) that he is over with TG..

And if the exec producer is gone, then that means it is likely to all be gone because Andy is what tied all the coordinating efforts together over the past couple of seasons to make the episodes (cinematically and logistically) great.. I don't care if it was scripted or not, but as far as where they went for locations, looking back at what they used to do was pretty much domestic, in Germany, or France..

Oh I've been watching May's twitter over the past few days of his recorder attempts, but that is the first sign of Richard announcing (formally or not) that he is over with TG..
There is this general theme with the both of them of being retired and bored, so i would take it with a grain of salt as in they are just being funny and they joke about the situation, not as in 'we quit'.

And if the exec producer is gone, then that means it is likely to all be gone because Andy is what tied all the coordinating efforts together over the past couple of seasons to make the episodes (cinematically and logistically) great.. I don't care if it was scripted or not, but as far as where they went for locations, looking back at what they used to do was pretty much domestic, in Germany, or France..
Gone from BBC yes, but hopefully the producer just followed JC towards his new project. Would seem logical otherwise why would the man give up a good job @ BBC all of a sudden?

Riding a bicycle around London while failing to wear a helmet and asking people not to blame Oisin Tymon?
Jeremy: Now, there was a hell of a news. It involves punches.
Hammond: What news?
Jeremy: You know, Paquiao and Marryweather will go fight in a few days......

For those who still not opening twitter:
top_gear_twitter.0.png

So apparently Andy Wilman isn't leaving after all, and the e-mail that was leaked yesterday was misinterpreted: http://transmission.blogs.topgear.c...ent-from-andy-wilman-on-news-he-has-resigned/

Still seems very strange that he would write a letter entitled "Au revoir" (Goodbye in French) and thanking all of the employees for their work when the only person confirmed to be gone from the show so far is Clarkson. Can only mean there are some massive changes already underway.

TopGear Live 2015 tour is going ahead, renamed as Clarkson, Hammond and May Live.

Good news if you’re a ticket-holder for Top Gear Live: it has today been confirmed that the 2015 world tour will go ahead, renamed Clarkson, Hammond and May Live.

BBC Worldwide has announced that, in the best interests of those who have already purchased tickets, the live arena show will go on with its original three presenters, but without the Top Gear name or BBC branding.

“So as not to disappoint the thousands of people around the world who have already purchased tickets, BBC Worldwide has agreed with our joint venture partner Brand Events that the remainder of the tour can continue,” said a spokeman. “These events will not, however, feature any BBC Top Gear branding or content. We believe this is a sensible approach in the circumstances.”

It has also been confirmed that the live shows due to take place in Stavanger, Norway last weekend have been rescheduled to 20-21 June. The Festival that had been planned to run in Sydney, Australia in April will become an indoor arena show, staged in Melbourne on 18-19 July, and Sydney on 25-26 July. Full details of the tour will be confirmed to ticket-holders in their local markets.

The 2015 tour will end in November at London’s O2 Arena.

“This is a great solution for the fans,” said a spokesman for Brand Events. “We’d like to thank our ticket-holders for their continued patience. The fans are the most important people to Jeremy, Richard and James, so we’re delighted to be able to say, ‘We’re still coming’…”

Back