Un-official GTPlanet BBC Topgear UK ThreadTV 

• Thread starter ExigeEvan
  • 10,125 comments
I'm also not condoning his actions either, he screwed up and he paid the price.

However, he DID report the incident himself to the BBC and also reportedly apologised to Tymon in person, heck he even called Tymon a good guy when Tymon started getting death threats.

So yeah, his timing of his lawsuit is purely on the fact that Clarkson just got a rather nice pay check from Amazon.

Yes, Clarkson fans will blindly do what they did before with all harassment and etc, but even when you know all the facts about the incident, this lawsuit reeks of quick-cash grab from Tymon.

It takes time for the lawyers build the case.
True, but at the same time, most people will see it as a cash grab simply because of the timing of the announcement.

Another thing cropped up as well, didn't Tymon say he wanted things to be over with and continue his career during the fallout of the incident?

If that was the case, why go forward with a lawsuit if you said you wanted it to be over with?

Another thing cropped up as well, didn't Tymon say he wanted things to be over with and continue his career during the fallout of the incident?

If that was the case, why go forward with a lawsuit if you said you wanted it to be over with?
Probably because he now no longer has a career.

Probably because he now no longer has a career.

While technically he's still employed by the BBC, he hasn't worked since the incident so you might have a point there.

Interestingly The Mirror ( not 100% on what their credibility is on here) is reporting that Clarkson WANTS to settle the case with Tymon, but the BBC is as keen to let him do so.

True, but at the same time, most people will see it as a cash grab simply because of the timing of the announcement.

Money

Chris Evans and the crew just filmed a segment at the ROC stadium event in London. David Coulthard in a caterham, versus Daniel Ricciardo, in an Zenos E10.

I won't give away what won, but the gingerman did utter the words, 'and now back to the studio', at the end.

On Boxing Day there is a Top Gear Special and its not a repeat, I've heard its some sort of tribute show called A-Z, on BBC 2 at 8pm...

On Boxing Day there is a Top Gear Special and its not a repeat, I've heard its some sort of tribute show called A-Z, on BBC 2 at 8pm...
Aren't they all repeats one way or another. I mean, it could only be just another mix of already seen content. In other words a polished repeat.

Just on the Christmas schedule of the BBC site and it says its a two-parter, 'celebrating the best and brightest from the Clarkson, Hammond and May years. Top Gear: From A-Z will feature astonishing footage, insider facts and quirky statistics from the past 13 years of the Worlds biggest car show', Voiced by John Bishop and featuring celebrity talking heads, could be worth a watch...

Top Gear's reasonably priced Astra is currently on sale on ebay, current bid is just over £8000

I think that's one segment of the show that Evans might do quite well, actually.

As for the new car, why not a TDI VW?:lol:

Latest Posts

Back