Un-official GTPlanet BBC Topgear UK ThreadTV 

• Thread starter ExigeEvan
  • 10,125 comments
...This is like a second public apology made by JC. The whole statement reads as quite sincere too.

Jeremy has always said he had nothing personally against Oisin, he just had a bad moment/day and did something regrettable that he held his hands up to. It was how the BBC eventually handled it he wasn't happy with.

Matt LeBlanc filming in London with Ken Block and the Hoonicorn.
gallery-1457789788-matt-leblanc-and-rally-driver-ken-block-filming-in-london-for-the-new-series-of-top-gear-c-hoonigan-racing-ron-zaras.jpg

gallery-1457793715-mattleblanccathedral.jpg

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/top-ge...und-londons-tourist-spots-and-takes-a-selfie/

And now they are in a spot of bother for doing donuts there. My take: I suppose there are certain areas where you should not do certain things. Being a memorial you could say it is disrespectful to do that but the question is: what is and is not considered disrespectful? Would I do that? No. But there are many people who probably would.

On the one hand, I can see why some people would find it distasteful to see a heavily modified and energy drink sponsorised Mustang doing donuts around The Centopath.

On another hand, I can see why some people would find it distasteful to see Ken Block.

On yet another hand, Whitehall is a major thoroughfare surrounded by iconic (and in some cases beautiful) landmarks, and is probably just as valid a place to put on some public performance entertainment spectacle thing as anywhere else.

On the other hand though, being called Block is not a valid excuse to block a major thoroughfare off to traffic.

One has to wonder how this is any less worse than drunken clubbers emerging from the depths of early morning puking everywhere on the streets around the Centopath.

It is fresh to see that the anger regarding Top Gear is still around following CMH leaving. :lol:

Its like the continuation of the last Ken Block Gymkhana on the Airport with James May, but with whole different set of presenters.

How come anyone not remember that?

It doesn't outrage me or anything but it does seem rather unnecessary to have done the filming there when you have the whole of London at your disposal. It seems the context of the film is LeBlanc being given a tour of London so I assume that is why they chose the Cenotaph and Whitehall but yeah, plenty of other places to tour and do donuts around than a war memorial.

This is just absurd. If they used the footage it wouldn't look so much like they closed down the place and pissed people off for no apparent reason, except pissing people off I guess.

The Monster product placement is very un-BBC. I wonder if it will be edited in a similar way to the Gymkhana videos? The line could be a little blurry.

Apparently when Block completed his first WRC stage, he asked for directions to the editing suite.

Seriously though, that Chris Harris clip is likely to be more entertaining than the London thing, which is kinda ironic.

Latest Posts

Back