Un-official GTPlanet BBC Topgear UK ThreadTV 

• Thread starter ExigeEvan
  • 10,125 comments
...So, uh, I got this showing up in my recommended video list. Thought that I should share it:

Looks like it might be.... fun.

Quite looking forward to this. Got the hosts the people wanted, No more odd "Extra gear" just to give us Chris Harris AND no more Daytime show shouting. Why they didn't think of this before I don't know, but I'm watching it.

At least Chris Evans is gone, that alone should make it more enjoyable.
Absolutely, I tried to enjoy the last series of Top Gear but I couldn't stand the bits he was in. Chris Harris and Rory were good as was Sabine, though a little hard to understand sometimes when you're not paying full attention. Chris Evans was just dreadfull. All the time.

I think Matt might be the weakest of the current hosts but becaues people in gerneal like him he might just stand a chance. Hopefully he doesn't try to be Clarkson like Evans did.

I think Matt might be the weakest of the current hosts but becaues people in gerneal like him he might just stand a chance. Hopefully he doesn't try to be Clarkson like Evans did.

I feel like he won't. He was new to the whole studio thing and it wasn't exactly easy working with Mr Megaphone on full blast all the time but during the segments with the cars (Like with the Nomad), he was brilliant. Now he's got two people that will be far less of an annoyance so it won't be as tough In the studio.

Matt Leblanc is definitely bringing something to the series, I can't wait to see this trio in action, hopefully with some good driving from Sabine too :D

I'm so happy that Evans is gone. I wish that Sabine and Harris could do what Tiff and Plato or Vicki were doing in Fifth gear and drive some cool car together really fast.

Last edited:
I feel like he won't. He was new to the whole studio thing and it wasn't exactly easy working with Mr Megaphone on full blast all the time but during the segments with the cars (Like with the Nomad), he was brilliant. Now he's got two people that will be far less of an annoyance so it won't be as tough In the studio.
Hopefully you're right, and I was impressed with Rory and Chris Harris from the episodes I caught last season. It would be good if the next season is really good because that will hopefully spur Clarkson to make sure that the next season of The Grand Tour is better still. Season 1 was good, but it could have been a lot better.

...I wonder, whether TG team makes sure they don't run into TGT team while traveling around the world.

I mean, I can already sort of imagine the awkward conversation between the two camps. It'd be pretty hilarious if so.
Can you just picture the scene where Reid, Harris and Le Blanc trying to small talk with Clarkson, May and Hammond, while doing their best to sound hospitable? :lol:

Obviously, in real life they wouldn't have any problems talking to each other cordially, but when it comes to filming locations, I'm sure all bets are off....

Promo poster...

3D2BA22C00000578-4220700-image-m-5_1487013854211.jpg

Reports circulating are suggesting the new series will go back to the old Star In A Reasonably Priced Car format, ditching the rallycross segment and Mini Cooper and bringing in a not-reasonably-priced-at-all Toyota GT86.

Reports circulating are suggesting the new series will go back to the old Star In A Reasonably Priced Car format, ditching the rallycross segment and Mini Cooper and bringing in a not-reasonably-priced-at-all Toyota GT86.
In all honesty, the lap times for each contestant are too environment based.

With rallying, a wet condition can produce very slow laptimes compared to the dry (especially on the dirt where water puddles affects car handling by huge margin). With ashpalt only, it'll produce only slightly slower times on the wet, giving chance to contestant on wet to catch up the dry laptimes.

I was never that fussed with the Star in a Car segment, new or old format so I doubt I'll be any more interested if it's a GT86. I do think the signs look like this series will be a lot better than last though.

Back