Underworld Evolution!

  • Thread starter Thread starter VIPFREAK
  • 30 comments
  • 1,441 views

VIPFREAK

(Banned)
Messages
8,961
Underworld Evolution!

I absolutely loved the first and this one WILL NOT DISAPPOINT! Mmm... Kate Beckinsale...
drool57li.gif
:bowdown:
 
I liked the part (in the first one) where the guy's head got chopped in half.

Second one looks good.
 
I think I saw the first one, but I'm not sure (that's how much of an impression it made on me :)). Kate Beckinsale is sure easy on the eyes...
 
Kate Beckinsale.
Nuff said.
*WET DREAM MODE:3.....2......1......ACTIVE!!!!*
 
I just saw this movie yesterday and really enjoyed it. 👍 👍

Little bro didn't like it one bit, but didn't dislike it one bit either (whatever that means).

I don't want to put any spoilers in this, but the movie in general had a story line that was just as I would have done it.

The cliches that have become part of movies are now being torn away and in doing so new cliches are being created... This movie didn't go with that anti-cliche/ new cliche approach and I liked it for that reason (still avoiding spoilers).

So, what did you all think?
Anyone actually seen the movie other than me? :lol:
 
I did,but I stared at Kate Beckinsale all the time through the movie so I can't really say anything about it.
 
:lol: If you didn't you wasted your money. j/k no... I'm not expecting all that much but it's mostly because of her. :drool:
 
Kent
I just saw this movie yesterday and really enjoyed it. 👍 👍

Little bro didn't like it one bit, but didn't dislike it one bit either (whatever that means).

I don't want to put any spoilers in this, but the movie in general had a story line that was just as I would have done it.

The cliches that have become part of movies are now being torn away and in doing so new cliches are being created... This movie didn't go with that anti-cliche/ new cliche approach and I liked it for that reason (still avoiding spoilers).

So, what did you all think?
Anyone actually seen the movie other than me? :lol:

I could see how you're little bro didn't like it. :dopey:

Wow, umm... yeah ok I sorta agree with you now.. but uhh... How did this movie ever get a rating of "R". :sick: Ya know... what I mean!?!? :scared:

:indiff: I still like the first one, infact I think I'll go watch the Subway Scene over and over again!
drool57li.gif
 
Kate Beckinsale is very pretty, when she isn't in one of those "Underworld" movies...... She looked so much better in movies like "Serendipity" or "Laurel Canyon". 👍 I thought the first Underworld was totally a rental. It was OK, but it didn't do anything for me. I pretty much expect the same from the second one.
 
a6m5
Kate Beckinsale is very pretty, when she isn't in one of those "Underworld" movies...... She looked so much better in movies like "Serendipity" or "Laurel Canyon". 👍 I thought the first Underworld was totally a rental. It was OK, but it didn't do anything for me. I pretty much expect the same from the second one.

Like I told my best friend... SHE LOOKS GOOD ALL THE TIME!
drool57li.gif
:bowdown:
 
VIPFREAK
Like I told my best friend... SHE LOOKS GOOD ALL THE TIME!
drool57li.gif
:bowdown:
:lol: God bless you, VIPFREAK. I give up!
 
a6m5
I thought the first Underworld was totally a rental. It was OK, but it didn't do anything for me. I pretty much expect the same from the second one.

Good god! What's wrong with you man!? :scared: Evo is a rental but the original is an instant classic! I watched it again today at work! Sooo bad ass! :bowdown:
drool57li.gif


On second thought... a rental I'd watch for a certain "part" of it if ya know what I mean. :lol:
drool57li.gif
 
Just a guess regarding the "R" rating...

Heads being ripped in half by bare-handed monsters and fists punching and ripping through a still living chest is a start. :dopey:

Then add the big fake boobie fan-service shots and you've got a good start for an R rated movie.

The adult themes might play a part in that as well. :p :lol:
 
:lol: nah nah... Kent, it should've gotten a HIGHER rating than "R" :scared:

I guess they don't have an AIDS problem too...? :dopey:
 
a6m5
Kate Beckinsale is very pretty, when she isn't in one of those "Underworld" movies...... She looked so much better in movies like "Serendipity" or "Laurel Canyon". 👍 I thought the first Underworld was totally a rental. It was OK, but it didn't do anything for me. I pretty much expect the same from the second one.

My thoughts exactly... I saw the first film in the theaters, and didn't get much out of it... It was just another Hollywood action film with less than stellar acting, plot holes, and one liners... Now that I think of it, I'm not sure why I went to see it at all... If you like Hollywood action films, then this is a film for you... I'm not much of a fan of such films, so I tend to steer clear of them...

BTW, I haven't seen any commercials for this film (sequal, not the original)... When did it come out?...




;)
 
Delphic Reason
BTW, I haven't seen any commercials for this film (sequal, not the original)... When did it come out?...

Good god, how could you not, especially now!? They're always running an ad saying its the #1 movie of the box office now. :D
 
VIPFREAK
Good god, how could you not, especially now!? They're always running an ad saying its the #1 movie of the box office now. :D

It's probably the channels I watch... I don't really watch any of the network channels... Most of what I watch is on Discovery, TLC, History Channel, G4, BBC America, and other assorted cable channels...

Weird... I just checked, and it's not playing in either of my local theaters... I doubt I'm missing anything terribly important...




;)
 
Just watched this last night. They did a fantastic job with the entire movie. The special effects were very good, visuals, surround sound, everything. Good acting, great fight scenes, gore, vampires, warewolves. 👍
I will have to rent and watch the first one now.
 
I saw this on Monday & i loved it! I think even more than the 1st movie. It is techincally a worse film i would say. But it was far more enjoyable.
I think they realised it would be much better as a silly popcorn actioner. I found the plot bits to be very boring and tedious, but the action was great. Alot like X-men 3 i thought.
Plus Kate Beckinsale is just coooorrrrrrr!!!!!! HOT!

7/10

In the 1st movie did there eye's do that changing colour thing??
 
Ive got the first on DVD and as soon as i get the chance to watch it I will.

BTW KB hell yes.
 
CAMAROBOY69
Just watched this last night. They did a fantastic job with the entire movie. The special effects were very good, visuals, surround sound, everything. Good acting, great fight scenes, gore, vampires, warewolves. 👍
I will have to rent and watch the first one now.
I wanted to add to this post by saying we watched the original Underworld last night and that was also a fantastic movie. Evolution was better but they are both excellent movies. 👍 👍
 
Seen it, both movies were poinless crap, I just watched for the girl :drool: :D
 
I watched most of it last night on DVD. It's not bad, but I think it's far from good. I'm still trying to figure out why, righter after "awaking"(so he should be weaker, too), Marcus took so many hits from assault rifles(MP-5s?), but it didn't slow him down at all. But when Selene shoots him with her full-auto pistol, he goes flying!.

Anyways, I'm gonna finish watching it today, but if you wanted to go to bed before the movie finished, that usually means that movie isn't very good. :D
 
I'm not sure which bit you mean (i cant remember it that well) but Selene would have had different bullets in her gun (there were silver/light ones). Maybe!? not sure.
Who cares really, this is Underworld, not Mystic River.

I think (purely on entertainment values) i'd give the films:
Underworld - 6/10
Evolution - 7/10
 
Back