Unexplained experiences

Here's an odd one my mom told me once. Her, my grandmother, and my aunt were sitting in my grandparents house talking about things. The discussion eventually led to them talking about my great grandfather who has been dead for quite some time. Near the living room, there is a small chest where a few old board games are kept, with one in particular being one with a school bus that plays "The Wheels on The Bus" (keep in mind, the batteries had been removed from the toy a while ago). Suddenly, they heard the toy playing "Wheels on the Bus", and after my grandmother said "That's enough now dad", the bus went silent.

Here's an odd one my mom told me once. Her, my grandmother, and my aunt were sitting in my grandparents house talking about things. The discussion eventually led to them talking about my great grandfather who has been dead for quite some time. Near the living room, there is a small chest where a few old board games are kept, with one in particular being one with a school bus that plays "The Wheels on The Bus" (keep in mind, the batteries had been removed from the toy a while ago). Suddenly, they heard the toy playing "Wheels on the Bus", and after my grandmother said "That's enough now dad", the bus went silent.
Good thing I'm not going to sleep tonight until it gets light Hahahaha

That's spooky as 🤬

My sister just went to see a psychic today. The lady asked if she knew a person called such and such, and she said no. Then she said she was going to try one more time then stop as there can be "interference" or whatever. With the second name she said our grandmother's name. Bear in mind this is a rare name (I don't know anyone else with it). Then she said our grandmother was holding her chest in pain - our grandmother had died of breast cancer....With that she finished and said our grandmother was helping with my sister's healing.

I wrote a song a while back and, as usual, I sang jargon/random lyrics. The first word I sang was 'Bella', but I didn't want to write a song called that, so it became 'Alba'. A few days later, I was offered an interview (and subsequently a job) by a guy called 'Bhella' and today I discovered that he has written some scientific papers with a co-author called Alba.

Last edited:
I was walking home with a friend one night and I saw this animal in woods just glimpse of my eye and then I pointed at it to show my friend but it had already vanished. I don't know if it was a cat or a fox.

A few months ago I saw a star it was very bright and flashing I had never seen it before from My window and then it vanished and I never saw it agian.

At school I broke a Window on Friday the 13th.

Last edited:
How ironic I find this thread. Just last night, after I had crawled in bed, I thought I saw what appeared to be a abnormally large wasp with spider legs on the ceiling, tangled in a spider web. It seemed so real, I even yelped and I was surprised no one heard me. I realized afterwards it wasn't there. I don't think I was dreaming because I had only been in bed less than 5 minutes and I usually don't fall asleep quickly.

This isn't the first time something like this has happened either. About 3 years ago, I could have sworn I seen a spider crawling on the ceiling after I had went to bed and I am quite certain I wasn't asleep. I even got up and out of bed to turn the light on and I kept repeating the word "spider". My dad had just come home and he noticed I had turned the light on and I remember telling him there was spider in there, only to realize, it wasn't. I am sure he was confused because he looked at me rather strange (Understandably) afterwards and I imagine my brother was too.

I do not like spiders and things like this are pretty unsettling to me. I still wonder, how does this happen and what could have caused it?

Your eyes can be easily tricked in low light, and especially when you are tired. The fact is that your eyes don't see, your brain does - and it can only work with what light your eyes collect. The brain even helps to interpret stuff that your eyes don't even see clearly e.g. peripheral vision. It's not always accurate though - in low light, your brain can interpret stuff that isn't really there - i.e. you might be able to see faces or objects that don't exist. This effect is even more noticable in people who may have dabbled with certain substances in their youth - 'faces come out of the rain' etc.

The time when you are in bed and nearly sleeping can be very confusing sometimes too. I had a strange thing happen just a few weeks ago... I heard a loud bang as if my upstairs neighbour had dropped something heavy. I then woke up after 'hearing' what sounded like a man yelling followed by a crashing sound as if there was a violent argument going on and someone had hit the floor. I woke with a start, expecting to hear more commotion, but there wasn't a sound. Indeed, my upstairs neighbours are both women (and, I suspect, unlikely to have gentlemen callers if you catch my drift) and they are as quiet as mice. I came to the conclusion that I had dreamed it, but it felt very real and I didn't even think I was asleep at the time, but I probably was.

Your eyes can be easily tricked in low light, and especially when you are tired. The fact is that your eyes don't see, your brain does - and it can only work with what light your eyes collect. The brain even helps to interpret stuff that your eyes don't even see clearly e.g. peripheral vision. It's not always accurate though - in low light, your brain can interpret stuff that isn't really there - i.e. you might be able to see faces or objects that don't exist. This effect is even more noticable in people who may have dabbled with certain substances in their youth - 'faces come out of the rain' etc.

The time when you are in bed and nearly sleeping can be very confusing sometimes too. I had a strange thing happen just a few weeks ago... I heard a loud bang as if my upstairs neighbour had dropped something heavy. I then woke up after 'hearing' what sounded like a man yelling followed by a crashing sound as if there was a violent argument going on and someone had hit the floor. I woke with a start, expecting to hear more commotion, but there wasn't a sound. Indeed, my upstairs neighbours are both women (and, I suspect, unlikely to have gentlemen callers if you catch my drift) and they are as quiet as mice. I came to the conclusion that I had dreamed it, but it felt very real and I didn't even think I was asleep at the time, but I probably was.

When my first daughter was an infant, I was getting very little sleep. Both my wife and I reported seeing the same phenomenon on the mobile over a swing that we had for her by our bed. The mobile had little balls on it, and in the middle of the night, on different days, we both reported seeing our daughter's head floating in place of those balls over the swing.

Not exactly her head, kindof a weird ball-looking head... with her face. We needed more sleep.

How ironic I find this thread. Just last night, after I had crawled in bed, I thought I saw what appeared to be a abnormally large wasp with spider legs on the ceiling, tangled in a spider web. It seemed so real, I even yelped and I was surprised no one heard me. I realized afterwards it wasn't there. I don't think I was dreaming because I had only been in bed less than 5 minutes and I usually don't fall asleep quickly.

This isn't the first time something like this has happened either. About 3 years ago, I could have sworn I seen a spider crawling on the ceiling after I had went to bed and I am quite certain I wasn't asleep. I even got up and out of bed to turn the light on and I kept repeating the word "spider". My dad had just come home and he noticed I had turned the light on and I remember telling him there was spider in there, only to realize, it wasn't. I am sure he was confused because he looked at me rather strange (Understandably) afterwards and I imagine my brother was too.

I do not like spiders and things like this are pretty unsettling to me. I still wonder, how does this happen and what could have caused it?
How old are you? That matters because young men aged 14-17 or so have reported similar experiences. These experiences tend to lessen and go away after that.

Last edited:
I heard a weird, un-natural trumpet/humming noises coming from the sky two nights ago. I was about to drift off to sleep then I just heard a humming noise come from outside that I've never heard before in my life. It happened at 3am aswell, and it wasn't just in my head because my girlfriend could hear it also. Never heard a noise like it in my life, it made me jump out of my skin and outta bed. So now I sleep with a fan on so its the only noise I can hear.

Thanks for sharing. This seems to be pretty accurate for me, although I do wonder, why was it about spiders both times? :odd:

How old are you? That matters because young men aged 14-17 or so have reported similar experiences. These experiences tend to lessen and go away after that.
I am currently 23 and i'll be 24 in June. I want to say I had a third spider related experience a few years ago, but I am not too sure.

Thanks for sharing. This seems to be pretty accurate for me, although I do wonder, why was it about spiders both times? :odd:
Could be a combination of factors - the fact that you don't like spiders is one... my ex-girlfriend was literally terrified of spiders and every random thing under 1" in size that she saw made her jump, as it looked like a spider in her peripheral vision.

Very recently my father fell ill while on holiday in Gran Canaria and required stomach surgery. He reacted very badly to the surgery and spent a week suffering with awful post-surgical stress. One of the features of his hallucinations during that time was visions of large spiders accompanied by swarms of tiny crawling insects. The psychiatrist who visited him explained that this is down to survival instinct - he was scared (very), and his eyes were re-interpreting the moving shadows (these particular hallucinations always appeared at around sunset).

Fortunately he recovered quite quickly after the awful initial week and flew home a few days ago, having promised me ma a proper holiday in the near future... but reading about the spider experience above just put me in mind of it, effect vaguely related?

This thread was a very interesting read - I have a few things I can add.

I have a lot of deja vu. It's usually just random, mundane stuff that I will have experienced a few days prior in a dream. A certain person saying a certain sentence, seeing some one or something at a specific angle at a specific place. I'm more used to it now, but sometimes it'll catch me off guard and 'freeze' me for a moment or two.

There was one occasion where, in my sleep, I saw a fire engine as I rounded the corner at the end of my road, with smoke pouring from behind the nearest house. A few days later in reality, I rounded that same corner, and witnessed the exact same scene. The house owner's old Land Rover has caught fire. On an unrelated note, that was the beginning of a downward spiral for the couple living in that house; the man began to abuse his wife, usually in a drunken haze. One night, in an equally drunken haze, she shot him to death.

I also have a weird thing where I'll think of a current musician that hasn't released anything in a while, and usually within 24 hours, I'll hear a new song of theirs.

Okay, now for the big one.

I was walking my dogs one evening (Autumn of 2015), along a trail close to my house. I heard a plane engine and looked up, and sure enough, there was a plane there. It looked like an old WWII plane rather than the Cessna-esque stuff I tend to see about.

I watched it fly for a few seconds, and I then noticed that it seemed to have a secondary yellow silhouette just above it, in the shape of the plane. At that moment, one of the dogs jerked on its lead, and I looked down for just a second. By the time I looked up, the sound has ceased, and the plane had gone.

Not being a very knowledgeable person when it comes to planes, I couldn't identify it off that sighting alone. It had left me curious, and thus I searched for WWII era aircraft that fit the description. Eventually, I found the Junkers JU-88, which matches what I saw perfectly.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-417-1766-03A%2C_Flugzeug_Junkers_Ju_88.jpg

It was fairly obvious that the plane hadn't teleported in the half a second I spent looking down at my dog, so that's when the paranormal factor really took hold in my head. I found a website with a list of WWII crashes on the Isle of Wight, and sure enough, that exact type of plane had crashed less than a half mile from my location at the time.

http://www.islandeye.co.uk/history/air_crashes_of_wwii/german-junkers-ju88-7t-jh.html

I'd like to think that the spirit of those who perished were finishing their flight.

This thread was a very interesting read - I have a few things I can add.

I have a lot of deja vu. It's usually just random, mundane stuff that I will have experienced a few days prior in a dream. A certain person saying a certain sentence, seeing some one or something at a specific angle at a specific place. I'm more used to it now, but sometimes it'll catch me off guard and 'freeze' me for a moment or two.

There was one occasion where, in my sleep, I saw a fire engine as I rounded the corner at the end of my road, with smoke pouring from behind the nearest house. A few days later in reality, I rounded that same corner, and witnessed the exact same scene. The house owner's old Land Rover has caught fire. On an unrelated note, that was the beginning of a downward spiral for the couple living in that house; the man began to abuse his wife, usually in a drunken haze. One night, in an equally drunken haze, she shot him to death.

I also have a weird thing where I'll think of a current musician that hasn't released anything in a while, and usually within 24 hours, I'll hear a new song of theirs.

Okay, now for the big one.

I was walking my dogs one evening (Autumn of 2015), along a trail close to my house. I heard a plane engine and looked up, and sure enough, there was a plane there. It looked like an old WWII plane rather than the Cessna-esque stuff I tend to see about.

I watched it fly for a few seconds, and I then noticed that it seemed to have a secondary yellow silhouette just above it, in the shape of the plane. At that moment, one of the dogs jerked on its lead, and I looked down for just a second. By the time I looked up, the sound has ceased, and the plane had gone.

Not being a very knowledgeable person when it comes to planes, I couldn't identify it off that sighting alone. It had left me curious, and thus I searched for WWII era aircraft that fit the description. Eventually, I found the Junkers JU-88, which matches what I saw perfectly.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-417-1766-03A%2C_Flugzeug_Junkers_Ju_88.jpg

It was fairly obvious that the plane hadn't teleported in the half a second I spent looking down at my dog, so that's when the paranormal factor really took hold in my head. I found a website with a list of WWII crashes on the Isle of Wight, and sure enough, that exact type of plane had crashed less than a half mile from my location at the time.

http://www.islandeye.co.uk/history/air_crashes_of_wwii/german-junkers-ju88-7t-jh.html

I'd like to think that the spirit of those who perished were finishing their flight.
Do you recall whether or not the propellers were turning during this sighting?

I heard a weird, un-natural trumpet/humming noises coming from the sky two nights ago. I was about to drift off to sleep then I just heard a humming noise come from outside that I've never heard before in my life. It happened at 3am aswell, and it wasn't just in my head because my girlfriend could hear it also. Never heard a noise like it in my life, it made me jump out of my skin and outta bed. So now I sleep with a fan on so its the only noise I can hear.

Reminds me of this recently in my area, I also heard this droning like boom noise.

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/arizona-news/239290702-story

And a video on the topic.

The same thing happens to me on occasion.

Sometimes its at the point where I have deja vu within a dream, as if the dream I have one night carries on from the night before, although it could just be the dream continued through two days within the dream itself in one night, making it feel like two.

It kinda reminds me on a very hazy incident I had a many years ago. Me and my older sister were playing tennis at the local college court(only concrete), Then all on a sudden this huge low flying black plane passed over the building next to us. We rushed to the side to see were it had gone but it had vanished.

If you were to follow the path of the plane a short distance away is a small patch of trees and a huge crater caused by a WWII bomber dropping it bombs because I assume it was going to crash. So i wonder if this was also a reenactment by that crew of the crash.

It kinda reminds me on a very hazy incident I had a many years ago. Me and my older sister were playing tennis at the local college court(only concrete), Then all on a sudden this huge low flying black plane passed over the building next to us. We rushed to the side to see were it had gone but it had vanished.

If you were to follow the path of the plane a short distance away is a small patch of trees and a huge crater caused by a WWII bomber dropping it bombs because I assume it was going to crash. So i wonder if this was also a reenactment by that crew of the crash.

Interesting, I couldn't see much detail other than the shadowy underbelly either. Mine was flying away from the site, though.

Many years ago, I read somewhere that when we are sleeping, our soul leaves our body and hovers over your head. So I decided to find out if this is true or not. My father fell asleep on the couch on a certain afternoon, a long, long time ago and when he was sleeping I started to move my hand just above his head, as if I was trying to grap something.
Suddenly, it didn't take long, he suddenly woke up and I saw clearly that he was startled, scared and asked me promptley what I was doing. I didn't move my hand quick enough to create a draught.

Did I really touch his soul? I still have no idea what happened but it was a very strange and still unexplained experience.

I didn't move my hand quick enough to create a draught.

Yes, you did. There is no way that there wasn't even the slightest displacement of air unless you're a ghost. We're not the only animal that uses our fur to "sense" the most fine disturbances of the air around us. Cats' whiskers are an example of this ability at its most attuned and it's something that humans retain to a lesser extent. Haven't the hairs ever come up on the back of your neck, and did you ever wonder what that mechanism is for?

Did I really touch his soul?

With respect, no.

I still have no idea what happened but it was a very strange and still unexplained experience.

Explainable through the magic of evolution :D

EDIT: As @Dotini will no doubt note there's an electro-magnetic element to this too. Whether we sense the electromagnetism at that level or simply in the movement of follicles is another matter... but it's a theory that holds some weight, particularly as we understand more and more about how some marine organisms make sense of the world around them. Unless Dotini says "aliens", of course, which he might ;)

EDIT: As @Dotini will no doubt note there's an electro-magnetic element to this too. Whether we sense the electromagnetism at that level or simply in the movement of follicles is another matter... but it's a theory that holds some weight, particularly as we understand more and more about how some marine organisms make sense of the world around them. Unless Dotini says "aliens", of course, which he might ;)
Dotini doesn't believe in aliens - not on this Earth, anyway. They have never been positively documented to exist anywhere in the universe, let alone here. But Dotini does use the term aliens, simply because the overwhelming majority of GTP'ers do believe in them, according to our poll. Dotini believes that the mysteries of UFO's and the mysteries of consciousness are linked, partly by the physics of electromagnetism and partly by something else we currently do not understand.

Dotini doesn't believe in aliens - not on this Earth, anyway. They have never been positively documented to exist anywhere in the universe, let alone here. But Dotini does use the term aliens, simply because the overwhelming majority of GTP'ers do believe in them, according to our poll. Dotini believes that the mysteries of UFO's and the mysteries of consciousness are linked, partly by the physics of electromagnetism and partly by something else we currently do not understand.

And yet Dotini offers up "aliens" as a possible explanation for various phenomena, so often (and so predictably) as to provoke @TenEightyOne's comment.

And yet Dotini offers up "aliens" as a possible explanation for various phenomena, so often (and so predictably) as to provoke @TenEightyOne's comment.
Aliens are a convenient explanation for certain aspects of religion and history as well as UFO sightings, sightings so plentiful that many people don't even bother to report them anymore. I don't rule out aliens simply because I don't believe in them. As the "Ancient Aliens" TV shows are wildly popular, and aliens overwhelmingly believed in by GTP'ers per our poll, they are a very useful and justified part of any discursive subject of conversation.

The most popular poll option by far is "Yes, but I don't know what they'd be like". Looking at the second least popular option we have "Yes, and they are those associated with abductions". GTP seems to be accepting of the idea of alien life, but that does not mean that there is a widespread belief in "UFO's" or even the presence of aliens on Earth.

The most popular poll option by far is "Yes, but I don't know what they'd be like". Looking at the second least popular option we have "Yes, and they are those associated with abductions". GTP seems to be accepting of the idea of alien life, but that does not mean that there is a widespread belief in "UFO's" or even the presence of aliens on Earth.

Actually, there is a widespread belief in UFOs.

In popular culture

A UFO Monument at Tenjo, Colombia.

UFOs constitute a widespread international cultural phenomenon of the last 60 years.
Gallup Polls rank UFOs near the top of lists for subjects of widespread recognition. In 1973, a survey found that 95 percent of the public reported having heard of UFOs, whereas only 92 percent had heard of U.S. President Gerald Ford in a 1977 poll taken just nine months after he left the White House.[125][126] A 1996 Gallup Poll reported that 71 percent of the United States population believed that the U.S. government was covering up information regarding UFOs. A 2002 Roper Poll for the Sci-Fi Channel found similar results, but with more people believing that UFOs are extraterrestrial craft. In that latest poll, 56 percent thought UFOs were real craft and 48 percent that aliens had visited the Earth. Again, about 70 percent felt the government was not sharing everything it knew about UFOs or extraterrestrial life. In the film Yellow Submarine, Ringo states that the yellow submarine that is following him "must be one of them unidentified flying cupcakes."[127][128] Another effect of the flying saucer type of UFO sightings has been Earth-made flying saucer craft in space fiction, for example the United Planets Cruiser C57D in Forbidden Planet (1956), the Jupiter 2 in Lost in Space, and the saucer section of the USS Enterprise in Star Trek, and many others.

UFOs and extraterrestrials have been featured in many movies.

I was referring to the poll specifically. It supports the idea that GTP accepts the possibility of alien life, but not much beyond that. The existence of aliens does not imply spacecraft, which is what I was really getting at. Also, given the rarity of intelligent life in Earth's evolutionary history it's reasonable to assume that less aliens would be capable of space travel than not.

Latest Posts

Back