Unfair suspension from online play.

• Thread starter Mrkeebz
  • 256 comments
United States
United States
Have you been suspended from online play and you feel it was unfair. Well i also feel that my suspension was unfair. Yeah im not the best at the game but i feel i try my hardest to be a fair racer. And i even understand baning people with atleast one warning. But to ban people with no warning thats not right. I payed 60$ for your game and 100$ for psn. And how do u expect people to get better if you just ban everyone. Because there are some that got banned that dont deserve it and im one of them.

Sorry but also why was each person banned what was i or anyone else doing. Why didnt they send out a warning to each person stating what they did and issue a warning. We payed alot of money to play this game and to ban people with out warning is unfair. If this does not change this will be the last game i ever by from pholyphony digital

PD is not going to make many friends doing this, you or someone in your lobby run a pit glitch, or the new tire trick? Maybe simply not to great at the game yet and rammed into some people.

This is going to get really ugly if PD think's they can just start banning people for showing the weaknesses in the game. Sorry to hear it @Mrkeebz, it's hard for me to think you altered your game save, or corrupted your data on purpose.

Go figure.

which one of the listed reasons do you fit in?

Found him guilty already did ya? :lol:

If you were banned then I expect it was for something fairly serious and/or repeated. Did you

- use the pit glitch?

- ram people?

- wait around for cars to catch you while a lap down?

- send abusive messages to other users?

- have offensive livery?

Id be surprised if it wasn’t for something very obvious. Otherwise everyone would be banned!

Either that or it’s a case of mistaken identify!

PD is not going to make many friends doing this, you or someone in your lobby run a pit glitch, or the new tire trick? Maybe simply not to great at the game yet and rammed into some people.

This is going to get really ugly if PD think's they can just start banning people for showing the weaknesses in the game. Sorry to hear it @Mrkeebz, it's hard for me to think you altered your game save, or corrupted your data on purpose.

Go figure.

Found him guilty already did ya? :lol:

Not at all.. I was simply asking if they could attribute their "unfair" suspension from the game.

In the hope that PD isnt simply sending out the ban hammer without reason.

I didnt start the thread claiming to be unfairly banned... As I said, background makes stories better..

If you were banned then I expect it was for something fairly serious and/or repeated. Did you

- use the pit glitch?

- ram people?

- have offensive livery?

Id be surprised if it wasn’t for something very obvious. Otherwise everyone would be banned!

No i did no of this stuff i only had the game for a couple months i was just getting the hang of it. All im saying is if i was doing something wrong i was not aware of it and a suspension with no warning is wrong because there are going to be people suspended that shouldnt be.

Just impossible to answer the OP in any way without knowing (assuming he does know) what the ban was for, or at least what things he has done that he thinks the ban might have been for.

If he is genuinely unaware of having committed any exploits at all then he should say so. If that is the case then I'm all sympathy.

There is a world of difference between not having done anything you are aware of that could incur a ban, and not knowing which thing you did it was that caused the ban.

- use the pit glitch?

- ram people?

- have offensive livery?

thats what you would think but im an older person i just want to play a game i hate the people ramming you and acting like idiots but that not me.

No i did no of this stuff i only had the game for a couple months i was just getting the hang of it. All im saying is if i was doing something wrong i was not aware of it and a suspension with no warning is wrong because there are going to be people suspended that shouldnt be.

If you legitimately have not done any exploiting stuff then the ban seems inexplicable and harsh yes.

Just impossible to answer the OP in any way without knowing (assuming he does know) what the ban was for, or at least what things he has done that he thinks the ban might have been for.

It would not surprise me if the OP simply got a generic message with no specifics at all, that's how these things seem to go down with online games. No reason, no chance to appeal, just go away cause we said.

Have a nice day :)

It does seem harsh. I would have thought an official warning first would have been more sensible.

But that makes me think that it’s something obvious like abusing other players or having offensive livery. You know, the stuff that’s obviously a rule to begin with and probably hidden in the terms and conditions.

But if you say that isn’t the case then it could just be a mistake.

thats what you would think but im an older person i just want to play a game i hate the people ramming you and acting like idiots but that not me.

You didn't let someone like a relatives kid play your game? I once got a week off world of tanks because I let a nephew play for 10 minutes...

Sorry, I'm not up to date on this issue, but is it a temporary suspension or a permanent ban?

Can you create a new user id and start over?

I received a generic message saying i was suspended from online play because of cutting corners or misbehaving or taking advantage of a glitch. But it did not say what i did specifically. And i dont think even if u did do this stuff on purpose you should receive a warning and if it continues then i get a suspension. Because if they suspended me they should suspend everone

Sorry, I'm not up to date on this issue, but is it a temporary suspension or a permanent ban?

Can you create a new user id and start over?
Dosent really say just says u have been suspended i wish i new who to post the message.

Not sure how do i make a new id please help.

I received a generic message saying i was suspended from online play because of cutting corners or misbehaving or taking advantage of a glitch. But it did not say what i did specifically. And i dont think even if u did do this stuff on purpose you should receive a warning and if it continues then i get a suspension. Because if they suspended me they should suspend everone

Haha, if its cutting corners then the top10 better watch out !!

- use the pit glitch?

- ram people?

- have offensive livery?

Id be surprised if it wasn’t for something very obvious.

Sounds like one of the above.

Sounds like one of the above.

It sounds like garbage to me, once games start doing this it usually ends up in a train wreck. Please don't forget that the penalty systems sucks, that all of the driver/safety ratings systems suck, the game is full of holes and glitches.

Ban the man :lol: he probably didn't do diddly.

Even if he was exploiting one of the glitches they shouldn't indefinitely ban people for taking advantage of their piss poor coding. It's not like he hacked the game.

Fix your game PD and these problems will go away.
A warning or temporary ban should come before an outright ban imo but this is in the Community Code of Conduct that we have to agree to for PSN so I guess they can. :indiff:

It sounds like garbage to me, once games start doing this it usually ends up in a train wreck. Please don't forget that the penalty systems sucks, that all of the driver/safety ratings systems suck, the game is full of holes and glitches.

I am fully aware of the games many shortcomings. I am also aware that a player has the choice whether to partake in using any exploits within the game as well.

I also do not have any sympathy or pity for someone that gets banned for pulling the pit glitch or now the new tires without pitting glitch when any one with any common sense or intelligence at all fully knows that what they are doing is is exploiting a loophole or obvious mistake in the games code to gain an unfair advantage and not something that could remotely be considered normal game play intentions.

I also have no pity on anyone that joins a sport race with the intention of disrupting other player races by intentionally wrecking or running into other racers for their own personal enjoyment. This is a racing game not a demo derby game.

So if a player chooses to play the game in a manner such as those I hope PD bans everyone of them.

There are 100,000's of thousands of players that do not resort to such lowlife levels of play that will welcome such players being gone.

You may not cheat, exploit or use any b.ugs, glitches, vulnerabilities or unintentional game mechanics in PSN Services or any of its products or services to obtain an unfair advantage.

Cheat is a catch all, anyone could get banned for it, anyone. Of course we pay money for bugged and glitched games, oh joy!, They have some good lawyers that's for sure.

Sell a better product, if it's PD oh well as they are always in their own world, if it's Sony they can sod off but this is PD taking away use of their servers isn't it? So I'm not sure what a Sony TOS has to do with it.

Back