Unfair suspension from online play.

• Thread starter Mrkeebz
  • 256 comments
Using a glitch to gain an unfair advantage over other players is cheating and should result in a ban, especially in the highly competitive world of ranked online races. If you want to be clever and exploit glitches, then be prepared to accept the consequences.
It is a glitch that is available to literally everyone that plays the game and it's as simple as hitting pause and opening the option menu. I imagine this was first discovered by accident. Sure you can say it's poor sportsmanship for exploiting it and it absolutely is but it's PD's fault first and foremost and I don't think people who use it should be banned. Maybe have their wins or DR taken away, but not banned.

Also, maybe reply to multiple people at once instead of posting 4 separate messages??

It is a glitch that is available to literally everyone that plays the game and it's as simple as hitting pause and opening the option menu. I imagine this was first discovered by accident. Sure you can say it's poor sportsmanship for exploiting it and it absolutely is but it's PD's fault first and foremost and I don't think people who use it should be banned. Maybe have their wins or DR taken away, but not banned.
exploiting

Key word there. Glitches/bugs happen, exploiting them for personal gain would get you banned/punished no matter what game you're playing. The only blame to be placed is on the players knowingly abusing it. The only times it wouldn't be the case is if the company disabled the issue, as in, the root cause. In this case they'd just have to not put up races with pitstops for the time being until they fix it.

And always remember! Game companies have every right to ban you for whatever reason they want!

If everyone gets the same message then it's generic. Have you seen all the other letters people have received with their bans?

Okay, then it's generic. But it still gave reasons, according to the OP. There is really no mystery as to why he was banned.

Also, maybe reply to multiple people at once instead of posting 4 separate messages??

Is there some rule that says I must reply that way?

Anyway, kicking your opponent in the balls during a basketball game is a tactic that's available to everyone. It's also pretty simple. Does that somehow change the fact that kicking your opponent in the balls is cheating?

Also, if they only take away their DR, then what is stopping them from coming back to the game and cheating some more? Or what if they don't care about their DR? Banning them is the only way to make sure they don't keep ruining the game for honest players.

Is there some rule that says I must reply that way?
Yes, as repeatedly doing so for no valid reason is treated as spaming a thread.

Double Posting

“Double posting” occurs when a user makes two consecutive posts, one after another. If this is done for no apparent reason, “double posting” is typically frowned upon and may result in a warning or infraction for “spam”.

However, double-posting is not forbidden, and can be useful in many cases. For example, if a reasonable amount of time has passed or you have significant information to add to the topic, present it in a new post so that others, including thread subscribers, are made aware of the update.
https://www.gtplanet.net/faq/#guidelines

Even if he was exploiting one of the glitches they shouldn't indefinitely ban people for taking advantage of their piss poor coding. It's not like he hacked the game.

Cheating - however it is done - is explicitly prohibited in the PSN terms of service.

"Users are required to take into consideration community standards and refrain from abusive or deceptive conduct, cheating, hacking, or other misuse of PSN Services."

Stop blame on the game. It's the player who cheats, not the game. Great to see people being banned!

It would be better to see the game fixed though, I don't think it's great that people are being banned because it's a black eye, for PD and for GT series fans and players.

People just learning to drive GTS should drive with the AI until they can drive without being a nuisance to other drivers. Just my opinion.

That's why there are ranks, sure they'll ruin a few initial races but eventually fall down to where they belong.

Making new account doesnt change anything, if you get banned your ps4 system and IP also gets banned.
I don't think the IP and Ps4 get banned. Just the account. Banning the IP and PS4 would open Sony and PD to legal issues I should think. The only time I've seen console and IP bans is for stuff like software and hardware hacks, custom firmware etc.

I don't think the IP and Ps4 get banned. Just the account. Banning the IP and PS4 would open Sony and PD to legal issues I should think. The only time I've seen console and IP bans is for stuff like software and hardware hacks, custom firmware etc.

And ripping off the psn store, but pressing a few buttons on a menu screen? I can't see them bricking consoles over this.

Have you been suspended from online play and you feel it was unfair. Well i also feel that my suspension was unfair. Yeah im not the best at the game but i feel i try my hardest to be a fair racer. And i even understand baning people with atleast one warning. But to ban people with no warning thats not right. I payed 60$ for your game and 100$ for psn. And how do u expect people to get better if you just ban everyone. Because there are some that got banned that dont deserve it and im one of them.

How do you know you did not deserve one?
I guess not using any glitch to your advantage,is one way.
But,you could potentially get suspended or banned by (example) ramming people intentionally after they rammed you.
I find it hard to believe that someone would get suspended for no reason at all.

How do you know you did not deserve one?
I guess not using any glitch to your advantage,is one way.
But,you could potentially get suspended or banned by (example) ramming people intentionally after they rammed you.
I find it hard to believe that someone would get suspended for no reason at all.
True. They really should give reasons on an individual basis though.

True. They really should give reasons on an individual basis though.

No mate.That is not that easy as you think.
In all fairness,yes people should get a less generic message with reasons but in most cases people actually know what they did.
Example:If I am using the "tire bug" and get a ban,I know why I am getting banned.No reason for a less generic message.

No mate.That is not that easy as you think.
In all fairness,yes people should get a less generic message with reasons but in most cases people actually know what they did.
Example:If I am using the "tire bug" and get a ban,I know why I am getting banned.No reason for a less generic message.
I know its not that easy... for all we know the numbers of ban-ees could be in the tens of thousands. But at least a clue would help...

yas
Not sure why so many people mix PS+ and Sport Mode. They have no connection.

Except that one is required for the other. That seems like a pretty big connection.

And because online play is governed by the PSN terms of service.

To the OP: Did you contact the PlayStation support? What did they say?

Seems like he has been banned from PD servers. So he could play online any other games through his account. There are bans in PS Plus and bans in the games, it is not the same. Does not matter if PD belongs to SONY, if you made something against the policies of the game you are banned just in the game. To be banned in PS Plus you have to do something against the TOS of SONY and their online service.

That seems to be at odds with your opinion, you say PD can find the right offenders super easy so why could they not give an explanation to the offender?

Because they dont have to.Offenders know what they did.Plus,PD has the right to ban anyone without zero explanation.

That seems to be at odds with your opinion, you say PD can find the right offenders super easy so why could they not give an explanation to the offender?

We actually don't know if they gave an explanation or not. Without a screenshot I barely believe anything he'll say as it's always a recurring theme with banned players to lie.

We actually don't know if they gave an explanation or not. Without a screenshot I barely believe anything he'll say as it's always a recurring theme with banned players to lie.

one thing I will add, I got a warning from GTS the other day for violating code of conduct however no example was given and to this day I still havent a clue what I did wrong. still awaiting response from PSN for which I emailed them around a week ago now.

ok I didnt get suspended but I got a warning but no doubt there are plenty of others in the same boat who have no idea why....

Back