Unfair suspension from online play.

• Thread starter Mrkeebz
  • 256 comments
Cheat is a catch all, anyone could get banned for it, anyone.

Speak for yourself. I KNOW that if I got banned it would be unfair and would not be for 'cheating' because, like most players, I dont cheat. I don't use exploits, I don't go out and crash lots of people on purpose, I don't get drunk, fire the game up and drive the wrong way on the track for ***** and giggles. I play the game as intended. If I crash into someone it is an error.

I'm not smug I'm most people and I play like this because that is where the fun is for me.

The only real hole I can see someone falling down is being very very bad at the game and hitting a lot of people a lot of the time and it being bad enough that some system sees it as deliberate.

So I'm not sure what a Sony TOS has to do with it

You do realize that Sony and PD are for all intents and purposes the same company don't you?

Now the OP is a low life, nice.

I have not called the OP ANYTHING, THAT IS ON YOU.

I stated anyone that participated in behavior such as I put in my post are resorting to such levels. I never said the OP did anything of the sort.

I have no clue why his account was banned, do you?

Speak for yourself. I KNOW that if I got banned it would be unfair and would not be for 'cheating' because, like most players, I dont cheat. I don't use exploits, I don't go out and crash lots of people on purpose, I don't get drunk, fire the game up and drive the wrong way on the track for ***** and giggles. I play the game as intended. If I crash into someone it is an error.
It happens all the time. Oh yeah, most cheat for sure.

You do realize that Sony and PD are for all intents and purposes the same company don't you?
I don't, because they are not.

I have not called the OP ANYTHING, THAT IS ON YOU.
Sorry for calling you a low life OP, my bad.

I stated anyone that participated in behavior such as I put in my post are resorting to such levels. I never said the OP did anything of the sort.

I have no clue why his account was banned, do you?

He already told us why his account was banned.

Cheat is a catch all, anyone could get banned for it, anyone. Of course we pay money for bugged and glitched games, oh joy!, They have some good lawyers that's for sure.

Sell a better product, if it's PD oh well as they are always in their own world, if it's Sony they can sod off but this is PD taking away use of their servers isn't it? So I'm not sure what a Sony TOS has to do with it.
The PSN TOS covers all the games we play online while signed in to PSN, GT Sport included.

He already told us why his account was banned

I dont know there was no specific explanation.

No i did no of this stuff i only had the game for a couple months i was just getting the hang of it. All im saying is if i was doing something wrong i was not aware of it and a suspension with no warning is wrong because there are going to be people suspended that shouldnt be
Have you been suspended from online play and you feel it was unfair. Well i also feel that my suspension was unfair. Yeah im not the best at the game but i feel i try my hardest to be a fair racer.

thats what you would think but im an older person i just want to play a game i hate the people ramming you and acting like idiots but that not me

Dosent really say just says u have been suspended i wish i new

If you can get out of the OP's post why his account was banned from what he put in his post then you must have a crystal ball because the OP claims to not know himself, glad you do though.

I don't, because they are not.
Excuse me for using a general term rather than a more complex term as PD is a
Subsidiary of Sony.
Sony Corporation still calls the shots at the end of the day.

The PSN TOS covers all thes games we play online while signed in to PSN, GT Sport included.

So you get banned from psn all together?

Sorry, I think most of us missed that, what was it?

The generic message they sent him, that was the reasoning they stated.

Excuse me for using a general term rather than a more complex term as PD is a
Subsidiary of Sony.
Sony Corporation still calls the shots at the end of the day.

I don't know what sort of contract PD has with Sony, but no I don't think Sony calls the shots, Kaz does. He might be bound contractually to comply with some things but PD is it's own company unless I'm mistaken.

The explanation of the violation and the ban should be coming from PD not Sony, now if he violated Sony TOS that is way different. For that to happen you would have to jailbrake your ps4 or in some way attack Sony servers I believe.

I don't know what sort of contract PD has with Sony, but no I don't think Sony calls the shots, Kaz does. He might be bound contractually to comply with some things but PD is it's own company unless I'm mistaken.

One the back of the retail packaging of the game where all the legal mumbo jumbo is located it states and I quote,

"Gran Turismo logos are registered trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. Play Station and the PS family logo are registered trademarks and PS4 is a trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc." end quote

That would make me believe that PD and Sony are one in the same. At the very least Sony would apparently be the sole owner of Gran Turismo and would have final say over anything involving the game.

If Sony owns both GTS and PS4 rights which code of conduct they choose to use to ban players would essentially be their choice and the end result would be the same.

This is just my interpretation and the information came off of the retail packing of the Gran Turismo Sport game.

So you get banned from psn all together?
You can , or you can also be temporarily suspended.

The explanation of the violation and the ban should be coming from PD not Sony, now if he violated Sony TOS that is way different. For that to happen you would have to jailbrake your ps4 or in some way attack Sony servers I believe.
Sony is the parent company of PD. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyphony_Digital

There's far more to the TOS's than just just jailbraking and DDOS attacks on the servers. My earlier post was a direct cut and paste from the TOS. Code of conduct below:

COMMUNITY CODE OF CONDUCT
All users are expected to follow a reasonable, common-sense code of conduct when using PSN Services. Users are required to take into consideration community standards and refrain from abusive or deceptive conduct, cheating, hacking, or other misuse of PSN Services. Rights of other users should be respected.

You must also adhere to the following rules of conduct when using PSN Services or your Account:

• You may not manipulate or inflate usage of PSN Services.
  • You may not engage in deceptive or misleading practices.
  • You may not abuse or harass others, including stalking behavior.
  • You may not take any action, or upload, post, stream, or transmit any content, language, images or sounds in any forum, communication, public profile, or other publicly viewable areas or in the creation of any Online ID that SIE LLC, SIEA or its affiliates find, in their sole discretion, offensive, hateful, or vulgar. This includes any content or communication that SIE LLC, SIEA or its affiliates deem racially, ethnically, religiously or sexually offensive, libelous, defaming, threatening, bullying or akin to stalking.
  • You may not organize hate groups.
  • You may not upload, post, stream, or transmit any content that contains any viruses, worms, spyware, time bombs, or other computer programs that may damage, interfere with, or disrupt PSN Services.
  • You may not use, make, or distribute unauthorized software or hardware, including Non-Licensed Peripherals and cheat code software or devices that circumvent any security features or limitations included on any software or devices, in conjunction with PSN Services, or take or use any data from PSN Services to design, develop or update unauthorized software or hardware.
  • You may not modify or attempt to modify the online client, disc, save file, server, client-server communication, or other parts of any game title, or content.
  • You may not cause disruption to or modify or damage any Account, system, hardware, software, or network connected to or provided by PSN Services for any reason, including for the purpose of gaining an unfair advantage in a game.
  • You may not attempt to hack or reverse engineer any code or equipment used in connection with PSN Services.
  • You may not take any action that SIE LLC, SIEA or its affiliates consider to be disruptive to the normal flow of chat or gameplay, including uploading, posting, streaming, or transmitting any unsolicited or unauthorized material, including junk mail, spam, excessive mail or chain letters.
  • You may not introduce content that is commercial in nature such as advertisements, solicitations, promotions and links to web sites.
  • You may not introduce content that could be harmful to SIE LLC, SIEA or its affiliates or their licensors, or players, such as any code or virus that may damage, alter or change any property or interfere with the use of property or PSN Services.
  • You may not upload, post, stream, access, or transmit any content that you know or should have known to be infringing, or that violates, any third party rights, any law or regulation, or contractual or fiduciary obligations.
  • You may not impersonate any person, including an SIE LLC, SIEA, its affiliates', or third-party employee.
  • You may not provide SIE LLC, SIEA, its affiliates or any third-party company with false or inaccurate information, including reporting false complaints to our or our affiliates' consumer services or providing false or inaccurate information during Account registration.
  • You may not sell, buy, trade, or transfer your Online ID, Account or any personal access to PSN Services through any means or method, including by use of web sites.
  • You may not cheat, exploit or use any bugs, glitches, vulnerabilities or unintentional game mechanics in PSN Services or any of its products or services to obtain an unfair advantage.
  • You may not conduct any activities that violate any local, state or federal laws, including copyright or trademark infringement, defamation, invasion of privacy, identity theft, hacking, stalking, fraud, stealing or using without purchasing, where payment is required, any content or service and distributing counterfeit software or Accounts.

So Sony owns PD just as the NFL owns the packers, that's fine I guess.

Who is banning the players though, is it Sony?

So Sony owns PD just as the NFL owns the packers, that's fine I guess.

Who is banning the players though, is it Sony?
Yes it's Sony..... they run the whole PSN. The snip below is from the TOS agreement.

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE AGREEMENT AND INDICATE WHETHER YOU AGREE TO ITS TERMS. IT IS A CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU AND SONY INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT LLC ("SIE LLC") AND SONY INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA LLC ("SIEA"), AND APPLIES TO YOUR ACCESS AND USE OF OUR PLAYSTATION™NETWORK PRODUCTS AND SERVICES (COLLECTIVELY, "PSN SERVICES"). ACCESS TO PSN SERVICES IS EXPRESSLY CONDITIONED UPON ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT'S TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CREATE AN ACCOUNT ON PSN ("ACCOUNT") AND WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS PSN SERVICES.

Who is banning players from gts, is it Sony?

I am assuming that PD although listed as it own company for maybe liability or tax reasons is still totally run by Sony's board of directors. Kaz is like the division manager and answers to the Head bosses OF Sony Corporation.

Just like Chevrolet and GMC are their own companies and are a division of GM they still are both under the ownership of General Motors Corp. and GM has final say in any division decisions.

A PS4 Madden game clearly states it is owned by EA Sports and requires PSN+ to play online. Sony does not own the rights to this title like it does GTS to help clarify it a bit.

This was also taken off the retail game packaging of a Madden game

Last edited:
The OP never stated if he was only banned from GT Sport, but I suspect it was from PSN.

I doubt that very seriously, of course I could be wrong but in another thread people were talking about being banned from GTS not PSN all together. PS+ is a money maker.

Sony is banning people from PD's servers then? I have a hard time believing that

If PD is a division of Sony and it clearly states on the game packaging that both GTS and PS4 rights are owned by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. then actually Sony owns all aspects of GTS including the servers of the PSN division and the servers of PD that run the GTS game so they have every right to shut down an account from the PSN OR the GTS side as they own the full rights for both!

They own the whole shooting match when it comes to GTS and the PSN network and as such it really should not be that hard to comprehend.

You may have different IT teams or divisions overseeing and operating the different servers but at the end of the day it is all owned and controlled by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.

I doubt that very seriously, of course I could be wrong but in another thread people were talking about being banned from GTS not PSN all together. PS+ is a money maker.
You may be thinking of a console ban, bit I think it's just a user (profile) ban, like in GT 6. In which case they can just start another account and pay for PS+ again, or if it's their secondary account that got banned, then they just have to make another profile.

You may be thinking of a console ban, bit I think it's just a user (profile) ban, like in GT 6. In which case they can just start another account and pay for PS+ again, or if it's their secondary account that got banned, then they just have to make another profile.

I'm thinking that PD is banning accounts from their servers, that's all.

I'm struggling to see the relevance?
I know, this thread has gone off on a huge tangent.

All we know is that the OP has received a message (through PSN I guess) telling them that their account has been suspended from GT Sport online services, due to cutting corners or misbehaving or taking advantage of a glitch. And that they claim there was no warning given, and no indication of how long the suspension is for.

That's all we know. Any other speculation is irrelevant.

I received a generic message saying i was suspended from online play because of cutting corners or misbehaving or taking advantage of a glitch.

Then you got banned for cutting corners or misbehaving or taking advantage of a glitch. Mystery solved.

Even if he was exploiting one of the glitches they shouldn't indefinitely ban people for taking advantage of their piss poor coding. It's not like he hacked the game.

Fix your game PD and these problems will go away.

Using a glitch to gain an unfair advantage over other players is cheating and should result in a ban, especially in the highly competitive world of ranked online races. If you want to be clever and exploit glitches, then be prepared to accept the consequences.

It happens all the time. Oh yeah, most cheat for sure.

Prove it.

The generic message they sent him...

If that was the message they sent him, then it wasn't generic. They gave specific reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
If that was the message they sent him, then it wasn't generic. They gave specific reasons.
If everyone gets the same message then it's generic. Have you seen all the other letters people have received with their bans?

Back