Unlikely drift machine

• Thread starter Gee-dub-ya
  • 155 comments
:lol: I just bought one of those Samba Buses. Someone should start a VW Samba Bus Owner's Drift Club :lol:.

It does drift pretty well actually. Once you get all the mods on it. Mine has about 197bhp.

big body style
5294607140_9d7c5dc9e2_z.jpg

and my smiley celica
5294606948_1f4d9cd8c4_z.jpg

w00 haven't seen an old silly car yet nice ;)

The only car, well, truck that I use for drifting is the Toyota XRunner. So easy to get it to break loose, it's like I'm clutch kicking it. 600+hp on sports hard. Only machien I've even tried actually. Soon to try my new 300zx though.

my money green chrysler 300 :D problem is ots standard so I cant put massove gold wheels on it to drift in real style :(

shame, shame. can't post pics but its taiga green metallic from a bmw 2002ti if I recall. I have numerous others but thats probably the most unlikely/unique/silly

what's with all the 4WD drift cars

most people I see trying to drift 4wd cars are the little kids who end up smashing into you in a good drift room.

RWD is for proper drifters IMHO. I love my BMW 135 taxi :D

whats with all the people who droft with random strange kids in awd cars? shouldnt they join rooms with established groups of commiyed serious drifters instead of complaining about the obvious issue with online play, which is playing with kids or people who arent serious at all?

awd has nothing to do with it, and there are other threads to discuss the topic in amayways, not here.

whats with all the people who droft with random strange kids in awd cars? shouldnt they join rooms with established groups of commiyed serious drifters instead of complaining about the obvious issue with online play, which is playing with kids or people who arent serious at all?

awd has nothing to do with it, and there are other threads to discuss the topic in amayways, not here.

Yes it is the place to discuss it - an AWD drift car IS unusual, certainly in the real world and is outside of conventional drifting from my limited experience.

I appreciate the technique required to drift an AWD car, and it is fun but just isn't the same as nailing that perfect drift round the last corner at Tsukuba in a nicely balanced RWD car.

What I don't appreciate is when I'm having a nice tandem drift online to have a Lambo/GTR/WRC t-bone one of us into the gravel because you went flying ino the corner with no control over the car. I'm not a super serious online racer, but why mess up other people's fun, it's just a bit childish.

Yes it is the place to discuss it - an AWD drift car IS unusual, certainly in the real world and is outside of conventional drifting from my limited experience.

I appreciate the technique required to drift an AWD car, and it is fun but just isn't the same as nailing that perfect drift round the last corner at Tsukuba in a nicely balanced RWD car.

What I don't appreciate is when I'm having a nice tandem drift online to have a Lambo/GTR/WRC t-bone one of us into the gravel because you went flying ino the corner with no control over the car. I'm not a super serious online racer, but why mess up other people's fun, it's just a bit childish.

again, your issue is newb drivers with no courtesy. has nothing to do with awd drifters. if you were better maybe you could alter your line mid drift to avoid collisions with the random newb plowing off track...

I get smacked into more often by properly capable drift cars with learners behind the wheel. and its how it goes, dont like it, hoin games with good drifters, as stated.

anyways... I'm working on getting pictures of my ultra unique drifters, yet to see anyone runming either of my favorite two to pull out. both proper rwd cars too for the puritain lynch mobs swarming against awd newbs who wanna join the fun.

AWD drifting is it's own art form. I can easily drift FR, RR, MR and AWD platforms, but AWD takes the largest amount of trying to keep it going.. although, I prefer to drift stock Impreza coupe and stock Autech Stagea.. :D good times..

Here's my weapon of choice :)

AutumnRingMini.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_1.jpg

Only 200bhp but 960kg! Some much more fun than my 700bhp Alfa 8C and so much more rewarding linking up the whole of the Autumn Ring Mini!

What set-up are you running in that? i have one and it wont drift at all just spins one wheel.

What set-up are you running in that? i have one and it wont drift at all just spins one wheel.

I can't remember off the top of my head, but I didn't make too many changes to the stock set up. It's got about 190hp, lowered all the way with more rear camber than I'd usually have. Sounds like you need to lock the diff if just one wheel is spinning.

by far my best drift car yet has to be my dodge hemi pickup, i have maserati and samba bus too but not much is as easy to drift and control as the truck. give it a shot, drop it add camber and a supercharger, and it will confuse people.

Back