Unpopular Opinions - General Thread

• Thread starter Carbonox
  • 2,977 comments
Cops in Carbon? What? Maybe I'm just lucky but I was only ever in 1 chase and it lasted like 10 seconds because I was flying and he was stopped. I must have had the oddball experience.
I disagree. Last time I played through Carbon I struggled to even get the cops to chase me. They don't come for you as much as they did in Most Wanted I don't think. Been a while since I have invested any quality time in the game though.

Out of the four major American sports, which are American football, basketball, baseball, and ice hockey, baseball is my favourite.
  • Aside from the brawls, baseball is mostly nonviolent. Action doesn't interest me; I prefer calmer atmospheres.
  • Defense is just as essential and possibly more important than being able to hit the ball. How else can you throw strikes or catch a fly ball?
  • On the offensive side, a base hit is more important than a home run in most cases because of the defense ready to stop the runner.
  • Baseball is unpredictable; there are no set plays and the fielding occurs 'as it happens.'
  • There is a deep scope in major league baseball. Each major league team has a minor league system of at least five complete teams who play in certain regions of the U.S., which guarantees that you can find a team playing in your area during baseball season. It also provides many players a chance, albeit remote for many, to compete in the major league, making the pathway to professional baseball more attainable than most other sports.

Same here, I love baseball and prefer it over all the other sports out there. Starting yesterday all the way through October, I will almost always have a game on even if I'm not fully paying attention.

What about MLS?

It has the 3rd best average attendance of professional US sports leagues, so surely it should be included in the top 4 or the top 4 should be included to a top 5?

What about MLS?

It has the 3rd best average attendance of professional US sports leagues, so surely it should be included in the top 4 or the top 4 should be included to a top 5?
They also have larger stadiums and play 48 fewer regular season games than the NHL and NBA.

That's a thing of beauty right there:bowdown:. Only recently I learned how to make pizza at home, in a cast iron frying pan. I break my anchovies up into little pieces and spread them around:

*A-herm*

Sorry, but if you're cooking it in a frying pan, then that's not a pizza - which is, by definition, cooked in an oven. By the looks of it, it should be closer in taste and consistency to a montanara, a specific type of "fried pizza", also called pizzella in Naples; 'round my parts there's the cresciola which is also similar (but is fried in lard and served with no toppings as a substitute for bread), and the Maker knows how many other local variants of the theme exists. It's the same dough as pizza, but cooked in a pan (as you did), or most of the times, deep-fried.

As for anchovies, it is a respectful extra topping for a Marinara (which is called like that for a reason, y'know) - and hey, can't be worse than pineapple anyways, so knock yourself out!

P.S. here's a related unpopular "opinion": the Mediterrean diet is a lie, and we will deep-fry everything but our mothers. Hell, in Central Italy we don't even use oil - we take to heart the saying "everything but the oink" and use lard. We also use lard in doughs - the traditional recipes of both the piadina and the pizza Marchigiana call for lard instead of oil, and I can't even count the numbers of sweets which are made of, and fried in, lard.

Let's just say that if you're a pig, Italy's not such a great country...

*A-herm*

Sorry, but if you're cooking it in a frying pan, then that's not a pizza - which is, by definition, cooked in an oven. By the looks of it, it should be closer in taste and consistency to a montanara, a specific type of "fried pizza", also called pizzella in Naples; 'round my parts there's the cresciola which is also similar (but is fried in lard and served with no toppings as a substitute for bread), and the Maker knows how many other local variants of the theme exists. It's the same dough as pizza, but cooked in a pan (as you did), or most of the times, deep-fried.

As for anchovies, it is a respectful extra topping for a Marinara (which is called like that for a reason, y'know) - and hey, can't be worse than pineapple anyways, so knock yourself out!

P.S. here's a related unpopular "opinion": the Mediterrean diet is a lie, and we will deep-fry everything but our mothers. Hell, in Central Italy we don't even use oil - we take to heart the saying "everything but the oink" and use lard. We also use lard in doughs - the traditional recipes of both the piadina and the pizza Marchigiana call for lard instead of oil, and I can't even count the numbers of sweets which are made of, and fried in, lard.

Let's just say that if you're a pig, Italy's not such a great country...
It's cooked in the oven...in a frying pan.

I've never heard of anyone having a pet sheep. Goats, yeah, but sheep... I guess they're very similar in most respects.

Sheep are fantastic pets. Sheep can give you joy that cats and dogs cant.

I don't like Crossroads, it's mediocre and not much of Bone Thugs music is grade A stuff but Thug Luv with 2-Pac is epic in the league of gangster rap music.
If I had to start listening to them again, I would probably go with "Thuggish Ruggish Bone", "Get Up and Get it", DOA (Remix) and if this counts, "The Originators". I'd take any of them over Crossroads any day.
any sense of adventure or immersion was erased by cops always popping up too much for you to truly drive around, enjoy and explore.
Kind of how I feel about Most Wanted. Yea I get that cops are a huge focus in the game, but when I want to just kick back and drive around, they just can't leave me alone for anything.

Carbon? Not so much. As I said earlier, sometimes I struggled to even get the cops attention, but it's been a while since I played it again though.
Also events gave you almost no money after doing them once, so grinding to get all the cars was impossible.
I can understand this. Luckily Carbon has it so if you get all your cars impounded, you can start a whole new career on the same save with what you already have unlocked. That helps me get some things done in the game. I wish it gave more cash though.
Anything after that is just downhill.
Understandable. I used to feel the same way.
NFS carbon > NFSMW
I always have thought the same thing. I wish I could like this post more than once!

Last edited:
What about MLS?

I don't think the MLS is large enough yet, although more and more cities are getting a team every season. Typically the 4 main American sports are football, baseball, basketball, and hockey, give it a few years though and I'm guessing soccer will be among them.

We have Real Salt Lake here in Utah and apparently they are pretty good, I plan on going to a few of their games even though I couldn't name a single player on their team.

If I had to start listening to them again, I would probably go with "Thuggish Ruggish Bone", "Get Up and Get it", DOA (Remix) and if this counts, "The Originators". I'd take any of them over Crossroads any day.
Kind of how I feel about Most Wanted. Yea I get that cops are a huge focus in the game, but when I want to just kick back and drive around, they just can't leave me alone for anything.

Carbon? Not so much. As I said earlier, sometimes I struggled to even get the cops attention, but it's been a while since I played it again though.
I can understand this. Luckily Carbon has it so if you get all your cars impounded, you can start a whole new career on the same save with what you already have unlocked. That helps me get some things done in the game. I wish it gave more cash though.
Understandable. I used to feel the same way.
I always have thought the same thing. I wish I could like this post more than once!
Hah, thanks for not flaming me

What about MLS?

TV Viewership tends to be more important over everything else.

I disagree. Last time I played through Carbon I struggled to even get the cops to chase me. They don't come for you as much as they did in Most Wanted I don't think. Been a while since I have invested any quality time in the game though.
For me they would start a chase even if you weren't doing anything 'illegal'. They were visible on the map unlike in MW where you needed the radar, but it was canceled out by their high spawn rate, or at least seemingly high due to how small the world is.

One thing I'd say though is that the soundtrack was actually really good, except that you only got generic race and cop music which meant you didn't get to really enjoy it.

For me they would start a chase even if you weren't doing anything 'illegal'.
Not really surprising for an NFS game really.
One thing I'd say though is that the soundtrack was actually really good, except that you only got generic race and cop music which meant you didn't get to really enjoy it.
So true! I like the generic music though, but it does prevent me from enjoying the soundtrack since I don't free roam much.

I love Carbon to death, but I can totally get behind the things you are saying though. (I disagree with the map being small and the canyon duels being boring though)

Another NFS related unpopular opinion, though I'll try to make this the last:

ProStreet was so bad in every regard except its music it might as well be an album.

Carbon was the only good handheld game, and was in fact one of the best handheld racing games ever made.

Shift tried too hard and it made it bad.

I don't think the 4th Indiana Jones movie was as bad as what most people say. I also like Dragon Ball Super way more than DBGT.

The Fate of the Furious is destined to fail.

• The Paul Walker shenanigans seem all done and over with, and I think it was the main reason why Furious 7 grossed so much.
  • It also seems like the film had an extravagantly high budget from what I've seen; but to be fair, I don't know what the budget for the film is. The special effects that appear to be ubiquitous throughout the film were likely difficult and expensive to craft. I'm curious what the salaries of all the actors who are in the film are. I can't even imagine how expensive it was to close off a part of a city for the filming processes.
  • With four Fast and Furious movies released over the past eight years, I think people are starting to realize that the franchise is designed to make money more so than being entertaining. It's becoming the Call of Duty of Hollywood sagas because each of their target markets are those who like incessant action and violence, in addition to their dependence on gimmicks such as explosions.
I know I might be biased because I don't have any interest in the series, nor have I seen any of the movies. Furthermore, I think that I might have been misinformed by some of my claims, especially on my third point. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

It also seems like the film had an extravagantly high budget from what I've seen; but to be fair, I don't know what the budget for the film is.

The film had a $250,000,000 budget, which is about average for a blockbuster film.

With four Fast and Furious movies released over the past eight years, I think people are starting to realize that the franchise is designed to make money more so than being entertaining. It's becoming the Call of Duty of Hollywood sagas because each of their target markets are those who like incessant action and violence, in addition to their dependence on gimmicks such as explosions.

The film has already set a record for pre-sales in China and I'm guessing it will be a similar story elsewhere once we find out more sales numbers.

The franchise itself has pretty much copied what made 80's action flicks such major successes. Get some muscular hunks, give them some weapons and a plot that encourages their use and you have a good shot of making a few bucks.

Back