Unpopular Opinions - General Thread

• Thread starter Carbonox
  • 2,982 comments
Crossroads by Bone Thugs N Harmony is overrated.

About 6 to 7 years ago, I used to listen to a lot of different types of music, including them. I can recall asking a few people about the group back then and what their favorite song was, they kept mentioning Crossroads to me. I of course took the time to listen to it, I wasn't too impressed and I didn't understand why they favored it so much. I listened to it again before posting this and years later, I still don't get it.

I don't hate the song nor do I think it's bad, I just don't think it's all that great and that it isn't as good as it's made out to be.

You take that back!

Crossroads by Bone Thugs N Harmony is overrated.

About 6 to 7 years ago, I used to listen to a lot of different types of music, including them. I can recall asking a few people about the group back then and what their favorite song was, they kept mentioning Crossroads to me. I of course took the time to listen to it, I wasn't too impressed and I didn't understand why they favored it so much. I listened to it again before posting this and years later, I still don't get it.

I don't hate the song nor do I think it's bad, I just don't think it's all that great and that it isn't as good as it's made out to be.
these are fightin' words tbh

The trend of photoshopping Mr Bean into things, which has gained a bit more popularity in the last few weeks, just isn't funny.

Mr Bean is funny but that isn't. Stop it. Stop it now.

First I saw of it was the Mad Max 'shop in the Funny Pics thread and although I didn't find it funny I did find it amusing.

The trend of photoshopping Mr Bean into things, which has gained a bit more popularity in the last few weeks, just isn't funny.

Mr Bean is funny but that isn't. Stop it. Stop it now.
I think it's hilarious

misleading Link/Title/Thumbnail
Precisely the reason why April Fools just doesn't appeal to me anymore.

By extension, clickbait and deception in general is something I've grown to hate regardless of context. Take the fake Silvagunner for example. They're supposed to be funny mash-ups, but I find the joke, if there is even a joke, to be stupid due to it's clickbaiting, deceptive nature. I've even tried to flag the channel on YT for it's misleading nature in the past.

April Fools on the internet is just getting dull and repetitive.

Seems like the only thing people think of when it comes to April Fools is to make a misleading Link/Title/Thumbnail, I want to actually see some creativity when I'm being pranked.
It's not a prank, but you might find this cool.

April Fools on the internet is just getting dull and repetitive.

Seems like the only thing people think of when it comes to April Fools is to make a misleading Link/Title/Thumbnail, I want to actually see some creativity when I'm being pranked.

Your either not looking hard enough, don't have anyone pointing them out to you or are just a sour puss.

If you're fed up with crappy pranks, start doing your own and show them how it's done.

I rather liked Googles attempts this year, one was funny and another probably consumed billions of dollars of work hours.

I don't find GT Sport appealing at all. And from what I have seen so far, I will not be buying it.

Your either not looking hard enough, don't have anyone pointing them out to you or are just a sour puss.

If you're fed up with crappy pranks, start doing your own and show them how it's done.

I rather liked Googles attempts this year, one was funny and another probably consumed billions of dollars of work hours.
Looking to be pranked kind of defeats the purpose of being pranked

Out of the four major American sports, which are American football, basketball, baseball, and ice hockey, baseball is my favourite.
  • Aside from the brawls, baseball is mostly nonviolent. Action doesn't interest me; I prefer calmer atmospheres.
  • Defense is just as essential and possibly more important than being able to hit the ball. How else can you throw strikes or catch a fly ball?
  • On the offensive side, a base hit is more important than a home run in most cases because of the defense ready to stop the runner.
  • Baseball is unpredictable; there are no set plays and the fielding occurs 'as it happens.'
  • There is a deep scope in major league baseball. Each major league team has a minor league system of at least five complete teams who play in certain regions of the U.S., which guarantees that you can find a team playing in your area during baseball season. It also provides many players a chance, albeit remote for many, to compete in the major league, making the pathway to professional baseball more attainable than most other sports.

Over-obsession with cops killed NFS. Everyone loves FH because the world is huge and beautiful and there aren't cops annoying you constantly.

Underground 2 and Most Wanted were the only really good Need for Speeds in the 2000's. Carbon had a fatal flaw in that the world felt small, canyon runs were boring, and any sense of adventure or immersion was erased by cops always popping up too much for you to truly drive around, enjoy and explore. Also events gave you almost no money after doing them once, so grinding to get all the cars was impossible. Anything after that is just downhill.

Can a series be over-obsessed with something that is arguably part of its identity and purpose?

By now I think it's important for EA to cling to police chases as a central element of the brand because the competition does "plain" racing and driving better, IMO. If they could pull themselves together to make a game with decent handling physics and less of EA's usual shenanigans, NFS would be my first choice for police chase action.

Last edited:
Over-obsession with cops killed NFS. Everyone loves FH because the world is huge and beautiful and there aren't cops annoying you constantly.

Underground 2 and Most Wanted were the only really good Need for Speeds in the 2000's. Carbon had a fatal flaw in that the world felt small, canyon runs were boring, and any sense of adventure or immersion was erased by cops always popping up too much for you to truly drive around, enjoy and explore. Also events gave you almost no money after doing them once, so grinding to get all the cars was impossible. Anything after that is just downhill.

Cops in Carbon? What? Maybe I'm just lucky but I was only ever in 1 chase and it lasted like 10 seconds because I was flying and he was stopped. I must have had the oddball experience.

Latest Posts

Back