Unpopular Opinions - General Thread

• Thread starter Carbonox
  • 2,977 comments
Even stuff like "Sign of the Times" by Harry Styles (about a dying mother giving birth) and "See You Again" by Wiz Kalifa and Charlie Puth?

There's some good mainstream music, but it's mostly white noise.
See You Again was over saturated by all the commercial radio stations and it just ended up getting annoying. I don't like the song; it's a massive cliche.
Also, Charlie Puth? More like Charlie Puthter

I'll just stick to Monstercat thanks

See You Again was over saturated by all the commercial radio stations and it just ended up getting annoying. I don't like the song; it's a massive cliche.
Also, Charlie Puth? More like Charlie Puthter

It's funny how no one has commented on the Harry Styles choice. I was certain I'd have my sexuality questioned. :lol:

No, I was never going to question your sexuality mate:sly:
All good, then. Actually...unpopular opinion:

I think Harry Styles has changed for the better. Listening to "Sign of the Times" and comparing it to his 1D works...he really transformed himself.

I think Harry Styles has changed for the better. Listening to "Sign of the Times" and comparing it to his 1D works...he really transformed himself.
Strangely, I kind of agree...

I totally agree. I was talking about this with some friends yesterday and his album is pretty good. It sounds a lot more blues-ish and the guy can actually sing. The only big criticism that I have is that he at certain point didn't know any more verses to write so he proceeds to repeat 300 times the song title, EVERY single song.

You've kinda ruined your point about mainstream rubbish :lol:

Is this unpopular? Most people I've talked to about him say the same.

If you play Wonderwall or Don't Look Back In Anger on a pub jukebox, pub YouTube account or on karaoke, you have zero imagination.

If you play Wonderwall or Don't Look Back In Anger on a pub jukebox, pub YouTube account or on karaoke, you have zero imagination.

But Wonderwall is the only song I think I sing well when I'm drunk :lol:

How does one have an imagination choosing a song from a jukebox? I mean, you are saying I have no imagination because I am in the mood to hear my favorite Oasis song (Don't Look Back In Anger)? Picking a song at the box has nothing to do with imagination for me. I play what I want to hear. Maybe I am in the mood for Johnny Cash, maybe I want to hear some Butterfly by Crazy Town. I'm not pleasing the rest of the people with my money. Maybe I want to hear Diamond Sea. I would never do that out of courtesy though.

Unpopular Opinion: I think too many people in today's world get offended or upset over the littlest things. It really should stop.

I think that's probably closer to fact than opinion, but from what I can tell it seems to be largely developed, first world populations that have huge percentages of easily offended people.

With the luxury of liberal-ish governments/ establishments and political correctness people can be open about feeling slighted over the smallest quip.

It might be a contributing factor to he downfall of our current social systems and freedoms.

I think that's probably closer to fact than opinion, but from what I can tell it seems to be largely developed, first world populations that have huge percentages of easily offended people.

With the luxury of liberal-ish governments/ establishments and political correctness people can be open about feeling slighted over the smallest quip.

It might be a contributing factor to he downfall of our current social systems and freedoms.
This offends me as a vegan transgender hipster Native American-Indo-Chinese hybrid alien agnostic-atheist German engineer who vapes fair trade organic decaffeinated compressed and hydrated extra-protein soy breast milk on the regular and does Hindi Kama Sutra naked crossfit yoga 5 times per week. I'm also a non-binary trigender genderqueer male feminist and identify myself as a pastafarian pansexual gender fluid Apache helicopter dog of mega multi alpha beta gamma delta omega combo god of hyper death who's in a polygamous polyamorous relationship to the chihuahua which helped me cross the border of Mexico because it despises Donald Trump. My dog also walks me to the park and doggy styles me, if you consider that weird you are an ignorant arrogant homophobic gender-assuming globaphobic bloodthirsty gun-loving cisgender pansexual bestial sexist racist incestuous white-privilege misogynistic biased objectified privileged Nazi slave owner terrorist.

Looking in retrospect. The Force Awakens was actually a very bad Star Wars movie.

Now it wasn't stupidly made by any means, it feels like it was intelligently created to grasp the Star Wars fans back after the Prequels.

That's my problem though, the movie feels massively corporate and looking at the bigger picture, kinda ruins the feel of watching a Star Wars movie (at least for me).

It was by the numbers on playing Episode IV, which if it was a reboot I would understand and enjoy it but this is a sequel. Why are we going through the same thing again like we're playing a Mario game?

While the prequels had problems with plot holes and contradictions of certain characters, Force Awakens completely invalidates what Luke, Layla and Han did in the original trilogy. All their effort for peace in the Galaxy, having to blow-up 2 Death Stars was for what? The remnants of the Empire to come back as The First Order make something even bigger and stronger than the Death Star even though they aren't in charge anymore (how did they even get the resources for it?) and cause even more destruction. With the actions of the original trilogy spoken as if it was a myth even though it was 30 years after?

Also is it just me or was Rey a massive Mary Sue, I never noticed it before until someone pointed out to me, how she was pretty much was handed everything and didn't earn anything. Even able to stand up to a Sith Apprentice who was once trained by Luke Skywalker before any sort of training. It took Luke Skywalker 3 movies to stand up to Darth Vader, and Obi-Wan was always the master in the prequels so it was believable for him to beat Annakin, but Rey able to stand up to Kylo Ren this early. Finn feels much more believable and relatable as a protagonist even though he was somewhat able to fight against Kylo Ren before just losing.

- Fidget spinners annoy me.
- I think most memes are really stupid. "Darude Sandstorm" for example got tiring real quick. "Damn Daniel" is not clever. "X is the best Anime" is most of the time just plain lying. That joke is just someone calling a show that's not an anime the best anime.
- I don't care for vine nor snapchat.

I swear the Fidget Spinner trend has died anyway.

These trends never last long, remember when Flappy Bird, Pokemon Go and Bottle Flipping was a thing?

Back