Unpopular Opinions - General Thread

• Thread starter Carbonox
  • 2,977 comments
devs are changing their priorities

Fixed.

It's a bit like calling anybody that doesn't exclusively hunt/grow all their own food lazy. Or someone who doesn't build/fix their own car.
Eating food off the bone. Why do we do this? Chicken Wings aren't food, they're half the time gooey tendons that don't taste of meat, or are a biology lesson as you try to rip the good stuff off the horrible texture of bone.

The worst is when you order a chicken breast and get given it with the ribcage left on. Get that off...

Food cooks better with the bone in. 👍

I don't get the fuss about Game of Thrones. Isn't it just a mix of LOTR, Saw, and softcore thrown in a blender? From the brief hints of it I get from the numerous people constantly making a fuss about it in my life, it sounds like the sort of creepy LOTR fan-fic that'd put you on a watch list.

I actually prefer Crash Bandicoot The Wrath of Cortex and N'Tranced over the very first Crash Bandicoot.
Okay, I am a huge fan of Crash Bandicoot 2 and from what I have played of 3, but not so much of the first. I mean I still like the first Crash Bandicoot, but I prefer Wrath of Cortex and N'Tranced over it despite being a PS1 Crash fanboy. Why don't I prefer the first over them? Well it's simply because the first is just FAR too difficult to me and I don't really enjoy it much because of this. Sure I can practice until I get good at it, but that would take far too long for me and it just doesn't seem to be worth the effort or frustration. (and yes I did try) Sure Wrath of Cortex and N'Tranced may throw some curve balls, but I can actually get through them with a little time and effort, were as the first would take forever.

Now I am speaking on just completing the levels in general, not collecting the gems or them stupid relics. I am aware that the first Crash had it's flaws since it was indeed the first release and I am also aware the ones I have mentioned are all from different systems, but even then I still prefer The Wrath of Cortex and N'Tranced over the first. I could say more, but i'll cut the first some slack since it was indeed the very first Crash game.

Last edited:
Super Mario Bros. Lost Levels is a good Mario game.

My only complaint would be that it's too close to the original.

I heard people complain how the game is just unfair but I only felt it was unfair once. I rather enjoyed the difficulty it presented to me.

However the unlocking criteria for Worlds A through D are 🤬 (have to beat the game 8 TIMES!!!)

However the unlocking criteria for Worlds A through D are 🤬 (have to beat the game 8 TIMES!!!)
I've heard the SNES Version featured in "Super Mario Allstars" is more forgiving in that aspect by only having you beat the game once or twice.

---------
- I actually enjoy Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly despite how incomplete & glitchy it is. Honestly, I thought it was the closest a Spyro game got to the formula of the Insomniac trilogy from other developers.

- I'm guessing this has been said before, but I think NFS Most Wanted 2005 is overrated as heck. I enjoy this game on my PS2, I think the graphics look pretty, the weather effects are nice, there's a good car selection, and the soundtrack is great. However, there's problems I have with it. For one, the customization is rather limited in comparison to the Underground games. I don't like the focus on having to get cops chase you and it gets irritating having to put up with them while racing. The drag race mode is terrible to a point where it feels like trial & error gameplay

Most Wanted
I've felt more or less the same about it, and I think the problem with them is the map design. The Underground series had seperate drag tracks that were shoved into another skybox and had nothing to do with the actual map. They were mostly straight and the traffic was scripted which gave some degree of predictability. Most Wanted doesn't do this. The drag tracks are just incorporated into the mainland, which is full of curvy roads and obstacles. It still uses the NFSU drag controls, which simply don't work with the map.

I don't get the fuss about Game of Thrones. Isn't it just a mix of LOTR, Saw, and softcore thrown in a blender? From the brief hints of it I get from the numerous people constantly making a fuss about it in my life, it sounds like the sort of creepy LOTR fan-fic that'd put you on a watch list.

I've never seen any GOTs but I assume like you do; it's LOTR fan fiction taken to extremes.

I hear that it's well produced and is grade A quality television but to be honest Ive sunk enough of my life into watching LOTR collectors editions back to back, I don't want to waste any more time consuming some kind of imitation.

I've felt more or less the same about it, and I think the problem with them is the map design. The Underground series had seperate drag tracks that were shoved into another skybox and had nothing to do with the actual map. They were mostly straight and the traffic was scripted which gave some degree of predictability. Most Wanted doesn't do this. The drag tracks are just incorporated into the mainland, which is full of curvy roads and obstacles. It still uses the NFSU drag controls, which simply don't work with the map.
Exactly, I wasn't too bothered by the Underground tracks as they had more straight tracks with obstacles to predict. For Most Wanted, the changes they made have made the experience frustrating to me.

- I'm guessing this has been said before, but I think NFS Most Wanted 2005 is overrated as heck.
We have, but there is always more that can be said later on.
I think the graphics look pretty
the soundtrack is great.
I am going to have to disagree with you on that. I find the soundtrack to be very sub par to the other 2nd gen NFS games and graphically I don't think it has aged very well. That's just me though.

the customization is rather limited in comparison to the Underground games.
Not just them, but all the 2nd generation NFS games. Literally every other 2nd gen NFS title did better than this one did in terms of customization. (Though I question if MW was really focused on it to begin with)

Considering the ability to hand pick your front and rear bumpers along with the side skirts was replaced with body kits, that's just one problem I have with it. Being able to only put one vinyl on your car, where did they think that was a good idea?!
I don't like the focus on having to get cops chase you and it gets irritating having to put up with them while racing.
Agreed. It may work for some, but I found them to be mostly annoying and way too aggressive. It don't bother as much as it used to, while I am aware that may be what the game is about, sometimes I just get tired of them and I wish I could just turn them off.

The drag race mode is terrible to a point where it feels like trial & error gameplay
Indeed it is. Some tracks have intense curves on them that I think have no business being drag tracks in the first place. They should have brought drifting back instead.

Unpopular opinion: GT5 was a great GT, and the last great GT.
Agreed. I always I liked GT5 and I still do. GT6 is still pretty good, but I liked GT5 better.

Last edited:
I am going to have to disagree with you on that. I find the soundtrack to be very sub par to the other 2nd gen NFS games and graphically I don't think it has aged very well. That's just me though.
Okay.
Not just them, but all the 2nd generation NFS games. Literally every other 2nd gen NFS title did better than this one did in terms of customization. (Though I question if MW was really focused on it to begin with)
You forgot about NFS Hot Pursuit 2 as a PS2 era NFS game, so not every other NFS title from that era. :P

You forgot about NFS Hot Pursuit 2 as a PS2 era NFS game, so not every other NFS title from that era. :P
As far as NFS games go, they use the term generation (or "era" as NFS Wiki calls it) differently and as far as I can tell it doesn't directly relate to the consoles they are on. Hot Pursuit 2 is considered a 1st generation NFS game and it was the last 1st gen NFS too. Undergound through Undercover was the 2nd generation NFS, which was what I was referring to in my post.

Having played all the 2nd gen NFS titles, I can honestly say that every other title they did in that generation seemed to have better customizations than Most Wanted did.

As far as NFS games go, they use the term generation (or "era" as NFS Wiki calls it) differently and as far as I can tell it doesn't directly relate to the consoles they are on. Hot Pursuit 2 is considered a 1st generation NFS game and it was the last 1st gen NFS too. Undergound through Undercover was the 2nd generation NFS, which was what I was referring to in my post.
What? Where does EA list "generations" of their NFS titles? Also, okay.

I don't think they do, that's just how I usually see it referred to on the internet and I can totally understand why.
Oh. *facepalm* Oh dammit, I've done the same thing. Referring different eras by the type of games like Underground to Undercover. I forgot that when I posted the last 2 comments.

We're taking steps back in social acceptance.

For the upper "majority" it feels like what you are is more important than ever. Political wise, it is a figurative minefield with an us vs. them mentality where saying 1 thing will mean what side you are and what your personality is and sometimes it's irrelevant because you're "privileged"

and I don't see it any better for "minority" groups as a lot of their real issues are minimized and the minorities who need help the most are just instantly getting back turns due to what is happening politically and in the media wth their lies in favour of special snowflakes who don't need it, the political minefield also affects them too as some even get shamed on by the community they're supposed to be apart of due to the wrong opinion.

If anyne wants to correct me and show me advances from recent years, I'd be happy to know.

Oh. *facepalm* Oh dammit, I've done the same thing. Referring different eras by the type of games like Underground to Undercover. I forgot that when I posted the last 2 comments.
That's okay, I can understand why. Most Wanted really was the worst 2nd gen title when it came to customizations, heck even Undercover for the PS2 did better when it came to customizations.
I can understand your point of view though.
A Nerf related unpopular opinion.

The Maverick isn't that great.
One thing I forgot to mention is they put the tactical rail on the priming handle for some reason and you can't really use the blaster comfortably with attachments on it so it's almost pointless to use it. I don't understand why they couldn't have just moved it forward away from the priming handle like they later did with the Strongarm. Would have been so much better.
More Nerf related unpopular opinions.

The Retaliator isn't that great.
I stand by what I said earlier, but one huge issue I have with the Retaliator is the top prime. The priming handle is just not very comfortable to use and I never have liked it. I don't know why I didn't mention this earlier, but this is actually one of the key problems I have with it and it's also why I never cared for the Recon when it was new.

Sure blasters like the Strongarm and the Cycloneshock have it too, but I actually don't mind how they did them because they actually feel pretty comfortable unlike the Retaliator, Recon or even the Crossbolt and Recon Mk. II.
I think the SlingFire is the coolest Nerf blaster
Wierdly enough, the Slingfire actually uses the Retaliator's internals, but it actually gets better ranges than a Retaliator with and without the air restrictor, for me at least.

I personally don't see what's the problem with it myself.

You don't see a problem here? :lol:

images

images

Most shipping and romantic fanfiction don't work.

I'm not saying they should stop just to be clear, they can still write it and enjoy it with people who also like it. However I just don't understand given the personalities of the characters, they can be compatible.

I'm not talking about stuff like Yaoi and Yuri as those already have to break the characters sexuality for that to work sometimes (that's kind of the point in some of them) but more of personalities just only matching as friends or even worse. Not as lovers.

Unpopular opinion: GT5 was a great GT, and the last great GT.

Really? I thought GT6 was objectively a better game with improved loading times and a larger selection of detailed cars with some fan favourites being updated. It lost some of the flare that GT5 had with its presentation but it fixed many of the minor issues people were having.

Not to mention the VGT and real-life cars that were added as free dlc, that's pretty rare in today's market. Also the tracks that came out of nowhere in updates hyped the community so much. No reveal will ever compare to the Midfield Raceway hype.

Really? I thought GT6 was objectively a better game with improved loading times and a larger selection of detailed cars with some fan favourites being updated. It lost some of the flare that GT5 had with its presentation but it fixed many of the minor issues people were having.

Not to mention the VGT and real-life cars that were added as free dlc, that's pretty rare in today's market. Also the tracks that came out of nowhere in updates hyped the community so much. No reveal will ever compare to the Midfield Raceway hype.
I can never forgive GT6 for removing the museum :(

Latest Posts

Back