Unpopular Opinions - General Thread

• Thread starter Carbonox
  • 2,977 comments
People discussing alcoholic beverages do seem to be in universal agreement though that the stronger stuff tastes like crap.

Sorry to be blunt, but that is bull. To a point it does depend on the context and your idea of 'stronger', but still, the fact that some people don't like stronger beverages, and the fact that there are some unpleasant tasting stronger drinkers out there, doesn't mean that all people think that all stronger drinks taste like crap.

Unpopular Opinion: Kneeling during the National Anthem is a respectful way to protest.

If you’d ask me, I’d say it’s the biggest pussy way to protests and enacted by flakes. That’s just my apparently unpopular opinion.

Deliberately dishonouring the representation of the ideal of the “free world” is tantamount to separatism.

Unpopular Opinion: I don't give a 🤬 if you kneel or not. It's the issue with the NFL, the employer and player. No one else should ever get involved or influence decisions.

- I don't think baseball is entertaining to watch.
- I don't care for wrestling.
- Soccer/Football doesn't interest me.
- For the Star Wars prequels, I don't think the casting for them was all bad.
- Unpopular Internet Opinion: I don't think Matpat's/TheGameTheorists' "Mario is Mental" theory holds any water.

Last edited:
- Unpopular Internet Opinion: I don't think any of Matpat's/TheGameTheorists' "Mario is Mental" theory holds any water.
Problem comes with the fact that Mario doesn't have a coherint timeline and nothing is really confirmed to be canon which makes it hard for any theory besides "it all apart of a stage play" have 0 water to stand one.

Matpat tried to do a theory of his own Mario timeline but that was a massive pick and choose on what is canon and what it is not, as he was very selective on which spin-off titles counted. (Not to mention Mario Odyssey kind 🤬 on the whole 2 Marios idea)

Problem comes with the fact that Mario doesn't have a coherint timeline and nothing is really confirmed to be canon which makes it hard for any theory besides "it all apart of a stage play" have 0 water to stand one.

Matpat tried to do a theory of his own Mario timeline but that was a massive pick and choose on what is canon and what it is not, as he was very selective on which spin-off titles counted. (Not to mention Mario Odyssey kind 🤬 on the whole 2 Marios idea)
For the theory I'm talking about, my main issue with it is that he basically cherry picked or read way too much into certain areas. I.E. Calling Mario a villain for taking down a giant Wiggler in SM Sunshine when in reality; Mario took it down to save an endangered bird egg. Then saying he is abusive towards Luigi for just scuffing his shoes in one game or just staring at him at the end of "Mario is Missing".

I.E. Calling Mario a villain for taking down a giant Wiggler in SM Sunshine when in reality
While that was a bad example indeed (especially since it wasn't the Wigglers home to begin with as like you said, it was the birds who was still inside the egg) it doesn't change what he did in Super Mario 64 which actually was its home.

Then saying he is abusive towards Luigi for just scuffing his shoes in one game
While I do agree that he looked to deep in this one, he mainly used it more as an example of Mario's unfeeling nature towards Luigi more than actually being plain abusive.

While that was a bad example indeed (especially since it wasn't the Wigglers home to begin with as like you said, it was the birds who was still inside the egg) it doesn't change what he did in Super Mario 64 which actually was its home.
1. When Mario got water into the Wiggler's home, he wasn't aware of it being its house. 2. The wiggler went crazy afterwards, Mario was defending himself. 3. It was under the influence of the power star and it calmed down afterwards. The wiggler was no longer mad at Mario and welcomed him back later on. It's like he didn't play the game at all.
While I do agree that he looked to deep in this one, he mainly used it more as an example of Mario's unfeeling nature towards Luigi more than actually being plain abusive.
Then it was a bad example, because scuffing shoes hardly means Mario doesn't care about his brother when it's probably just Mario messing with his brother. There are siblings out there that mess with each other like this for just harmless laughs.

TB
Does anyone else not have the SLIGHTEST clue what these two are talking about?

A sliver of your slightest. The thing that surprises me is that people have opinions on these things. It's more like a minority opinion no one has heard.

1. When Mario got water into the Wiggler's home, he wasn't aware of it being its house. 2. The wiggler went crazy afterwards, Mario was defending himself. 3. It was under the influence of the power star and it calmed down afterwards. The wiggler was no longer mad at Mario and welcomed him back later on. It's like he didn't play the game at all.
I guess it depends on the player as you can actually enter Wiggler's home beforehand through that tunnel.

Then it was a bad example, because scuffing shoes hardly means Mario doesn't care about his brother when it's probably just Mario messing with his brother. There are siblings out there that mess with each other like this for just harmless laughs.
Yes true although, Luigis reaction of confusion and disappointment doesn't exactly go in hand with the idea of brothers just being brothers.

I like filler episodes.

Now this isn't filler arcs, those take too long. I'm also not talking about flashback episodes.

Filler can be done right in terms of characterization. Filler episodes can allow you to get to know the characters outside of the main plot. It might not be exciting or important but I think they help give a connection to the characters. I might love a character but if it is all about the plot, I'm just left with wanting to know about said character livelihood which filler helps a lot. It makes it more impact when the plot starts kicking again and something happens with the character you grew attach too.

It probably comes with me caring more about the world and the character than the actual plot.

I do not like snacking while watching a show or movie, somehow I feel that I'd prefer to give my full attention to what I'm watching. (If I enjoy it at least) Probably doesn't help that anyone I watch something with, want a snack (to share or for themselves) that makes so much noise while eating.

Last edited:
  • A year should not be considered 'bad' because certain celebrities died.
  • Rick & Morty doesn't interest me at all and I wish online media didn't shove it into my throat.

I don't like watching a show or movie without snacking/eating. If I'm not occupied with food, I'd prefer to be playing a videogame or doing something else.
Same could be said for me. I usually don't watch TV unless I am eating and very rarely is that not the case. Though I will admit, I can see why it would be a distraction for some because sometimes I may miss something that was said because I was eating or unwrapping a pack of crackers.

- I am bored to death with Aston Martin the last decade. I like their boxier cars way more (80s & 90s Vantage)
- the e30 M3 is not even slightly worth it´s current Price. as are 911s
- I did not like Richard Hammond as a top gear presenter, mostly.
- All marvel stuff is absolute rubbish. As is the world´s current Obsession with it.
- Paul Walkers death was unfortunate, but hyped far too much.
- Che Guevara being a Symbol of freedom is an Insult. Mostly, he was a terrible sociopath.
- Most Ferraris look better in any other colour Ferrari painted them in, other than Ferrari red
- being a mother of a Baby is not a ticket to do what you want and taking everything for granted.
- My favorite Nissan Skyline is the R33. There only seem to be r34 and r32 Lovers out there.
- I don´t like the 2nd Gen Supra one bit. Looks ugly inside and out.
- I hate Gymkhana, Ken Block and his ugly Monster cars.

Replacing the Kuda with the MP40 on Kino Der Toten in Call of Duty Black Ops III is a mistake.
When Zombie Chronicles dropped, the Kuda was there on the wall, but was later replaced with the MP40 in an update and I just never agreed with this decision. Sure some probably have fond memories of using it in Black Ops (myself included) and it may be more fitting for the map, but my issue with them replacing the Kuda with the MP40 is simply because it's an inferior weapon. Lower rate of fire, less ammo, less damage and it cost more than other SMG's. While it's only 50 points more than the Kuda, it's really not worth it's 1300 point cost especially since other SMG's are cheaper and more reliable than the MP40. 1000 points was a much more fitting price for it and it still is, they really should have kept it.

Now to be fair the MP40 is not useless, it's still a reliable weapon, it's just not as good as others for what it cost and it certainly doesn't replace the Kuda. It's like comparing the KN-44 to the Kuda in a way. I think the only way to get the Kuda anymore is through the mystery box, which is stupid because if you're going open it, may as well get something much better from it instead. Now I don't mind them reintroducing the gun to the map, what I have a problem is they replaced a better weapon with it. Why they couldn't just make a new wall buy for either weapon is beyond me.

Last edited:
Back