Unpopular Opinions - General Thread

• Thread starter Carbonox
  • 2,977 comments
TB
This thread is for unpopular opinions. Take your facts elsewhere.
This forum is a healthy place. Take your tuberculosis elsewhere.

Unpopular opinion: chihuahuas aren't inherently evil dogs. They're made that way by bad owners.

TB
This thread is for unpopular opinions. Take your facts elsewhere.
:lol:

Brisket is a religion here, and I've seen people (myself included) attract leers at the purchase of large cuts of pork.

This forum is a healthy place. Take your tuberculosis elsewhere.
DocNonsensePicture.jpg

Is it unpopular to say the Dragon Ball fanbase is horrendous?
I mean, I love this franchise, but god some of the fans in it give me a headache with their nonsense.

Oh and for Dragon Ball Super. I like the Super Saiyan Blue/SS God Super Saiyan transformation, hah!

Last edited:
I gonne get killed, buuut...
I don't like RPGs. None of them.

When I was 11, I played the Gothic series and I absolutely loved them. But now I just want to cry how stupid I was. Speaking Dragons, Orcs, goblins, mages, oh my God.
I now refuse to look at Skyrim, Witcher 3, or every damn RPGs. They are frickin' surreal. If you would remove the magic things in them, hell, they would be still surreal as. Unreal charachters, weapons, creatures, languages, uhh. And some people take them too seriously. It's just annoying when my friend is staring to punch the air when he listens to that "Dragonborn" song.

Ohh I'm so glad that I moved to racing games! :gtpflag:

Twenty-some years ago, I didn't understand the appeal of Oasis; though to be fair, I never gave their album(s) a chance other than hearing it on the radio.

Giving them a re-try recently, I'm not sure how their incomprehensible wall of lyrics ever became popular. It's as if every entire song was written in italic drop caps.

Twenty-some years ago, I didn't understand the appeal of Oasis; though to be fair, I never gave their album(s) a chance other than hearing it on the radio.

Giving them a re-try recently, I'm not sure how their incomprehensible wall of lyrics ever became popular. It's as if every entire song was written in italic drop caps.

They were very much a band of the moment, in the right place at the right time. Coming off the back of a guitar music revival and coinciding with the 'lads' movement i guess they were the best of the bunch. Their music never really went away here in the UK, it is still used on TV shows or featured on the radio so not something a brit would need to rediscover really. Didn't mind there early stuff, although it was overplayed at the time, but never liked Oasis themselves, Noel and Liam - no one will ever remember the rest of the constantly changing line-up. Liam, who was the worst of the pair, recently turned up on a program the missus was watching about George Michael as a talking head. Quite why what he had say about George Michael has any relevance is beyond me. But it was nice to see that he's still a total cretin.

I agree with this about Oasis plus I HATE!!!!!! The Beatles.... ohhh that feels good.

Clickbait, in popular usage, is misleading titles or content design to lure people in.
Yes, that is how it used nowadays, sadly however some people (Not pointing to anyone in this thread) often think clickbait and misleading are the same thing, but they really aren't. It's worth noting when you clickbait, you're simply just trying to get people to click on it, it's not a bad thing really. Misleading people however is and that's when what you click on isn't what it says, simple. I can't recall a time GTP articles did this thankfully.

Again, not pointing to anybody here, I just felt like this was worth noting.

They were very much a band of the moment, in the right place at the right time.

I think I was just exploring about a dozen different genres in all directions at time, so they flew under my radar. Since you actually had to trade or pay for music on a physical medium back in their heyday, and my radio consumption was whatever background noise existed by that point, I never bothered with an entire album from them.

I gonne get killed, buuut...
I don't like RPGs. None of them

Yeah, I'm in that semi-exclusive territory whereby I wasn't a big video game fan (save Gran Turismo), wasn't into role-playing games (I've never tossed a 20-sided die), comic books, anime, or really any other commonly-nerdy genre, obviously sucked at sports, had the social status of a moss-covered rock, but more into technical details like motor racing, the history of the highway system in the land, and maybe a few other obscure things which had zero local fanbase. Come to think of it, I'm amazed I had any friends...I guess they were all rather obscure and unique in their own right.

I think we automatically want to call those people "autistic" now, but I don't want to throw any stones.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t say Oasis are a bad band but they are overhyped and over played. I can’t stand to listen to Wonderwall for more than 10 seconds thanks to its destruction by Filipino cover bands and the fact it’s not actually a very good song.

Don’t Look Back in Anger, What’s the Story Morning Glory and Cigarettes & Alcohol, etc, on the other hand, I could listen to regularly because they strike a cord with me (no pun intended).

I wouldn’t say Oasis are a bad band but they are overhyped and over played.
Liam and Noel are just such douchebags though.

I really don't care for Green Day, in fact I'd go out on a limb and say I prefer the music of Oasis, but Noel's claim that GD got "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" from "Champagne Supernova" is absurd.

Liam and Noel are just such douchebags though.

I really don't care for Green Day, in fact I'd go out on a limb and say I prefer the music of Oasis, but Noel's claim that GD got "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" from "Champagne Supernova" is absurd.

I personally hate Green Day’s music but haven’t looked into them as people.

Liam or Noel, can’t remember which is which but I know it’s the younger of them, should win douchbag of the century.

Linkin Park are a terrible band. I did not pretend to like them around the time Chester Bennington died.

I'm not sure if this is unpopular because the metal community seem to be one of the most ubiquitous communities in music, and Linkin Park are one of the bands they love to hate.

Didn't like Oasis at the time, but listen to them quite a bit now. Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds provided the soundtrack to my 2015, which was a good year.

I agree with this about Oasis plus I HATE!!!!!! The Beatles.... ohhh that feels good.

I don't hate them but I'm not into their music. I just don't quite like it.

However I do quite enjoy Harrison and McCartney's other projects, in particular Harrison's work with The Travelling Wilburys.

Back