Unpopular Opinions - General Thread

• Thread starter Carbonox
  • 2,977 comments
On the topic of artists we didn't pretend to like when they passed away.

Never really cared for Avicii, he was ok I guess but he just... Didn't do much for me really and seeing people say he was the greatest musician of our time was a bit cringeworth. Of course it's tragic he was gone so soon, and it was a massive shock to find out he took his own life.

Linkin Park and a host of other nu-metal bands played the soundtrack to my early teens so I was really grieved when Chester died and I still have several LP albums on my workout playlist.

I’d say to hate Linkin Park would be an unpopular opinion in certain circles.

R5
Never really cared for Avicii

I have absolutely no idea who this person was or why, when I was on a bus with all my teammates at the time, everyone was flipping out when they read the news.

I have absolutely no idea who this person was or why, when I was on a bus with all my teammates at the time, everyone was flipping out when they read the news.
I don't know how to feel about this.

However I do quite enjoy Harrison and McCartney's other projects, in particular Harrison's work with The Travelling Wilburys.
I was actually contemplating asking @Sprite how they felt about the individual Beatles' post-Beatles works.

While I do enjoy the music of The Beatles as a group (primarily Rubber Soul and later), I generally prefer their individual works.

The following slang words are stupid: "lit", "🤬", "bruh", "dope", and "bae".

Drat, I didn't know that slang word was a swear. Sorry.

Last edited:
The following slang words are stupid: "lit", "🤬", "bruh", "dope", and "bae".

Drat, I didn't know that slang word was a swear. Sorry.
Bruh, we gotta have words. I don't want this thread to stop being lit af but we might just have to be beefing over this issue. I'm sorry to my GTP fam for any inconvenience an argument will cause but just remember you're all still bae.

Fun Fact

BBC radio commentator and former Navy Commander Thomas Woodrooffe might have the credit for the first recorded reference to "lit up" in association with drugs.

At the 1938 Royal Navy fleet review, which he was commentating for BBC radio, Woodrooffe got extremely drunk with some old Navy colleagues before the broadcast began; his slurred speech was noticeable immediately and one line he said was:

At the present moment, the whole fleet is lit up. When I say "lit up", I mean lit up by fairy lamps.

R5
Bruh, we gotta have words. I don't want this thread to stop being lit af but we might just have to be beefing over this issue. I'm sorry to my GTP fam for any inconvenience an argument will cause but just remember you're all still bae.
Thanks for reminding me of "fam", another stupid slang word. Now, go sit in the corner and think about what you done.

The following slang words are stupid: "lit", "🤬", "bruh", "dope", and "bae"
Personally, I never took much issue with them, although they are fairly common around here. When I hear someone who's trying to be hip but clearly only heard the words off of the Internet try using them is when things start getting a little cringe-worthy.

I was actually contemplating asking @Sprite how they felt about the individual Beatles' post-Beatles works.

While I do enjoy the music of The Beatles as a group (primarily Rubber Soul and later), I generally prefer their individual works.

Weirdly enough I’ve enjoyed some solo stuff when Lennon was alive and Mcarnys Fireman project with Youth. Also the Rupert The Bear song which Mcartny did.

Thanks for reminding me of "fam", another stupid slang word. Now, go sit in the corner and think about what you done.
100_Emoji_large.png

Apparently this is an unpopular opinion with my colleagues, but I love Bon Jovi and Jason Aldean. They are my top two artists.

I can't stand country music, and I stopped listening to the genre years ago. The only artist I will still listen to under the country label is Jason Aldean (who I consider my favorite artist in any genre). I'm not surprised that my colleagues don't like Jason as people tend to hate all country, but I was very surprised that they didn't like Bon Jovi either. A single Bon Jovi song can pump me up even on my worst days.

Apparently this is an unpopular opinion with my colleagues, but I love Bon Jovi and Jason Aldean. They are my top two artists.

I can't stand country music, and I stopped listening to the genre years ago. The only artist I will still listen to under the country label is Jason Aldean (who I consider my favorite artist in any genre). I'm not surprised that my colleagues don't like Jason as people tend to hate all country, but I was very surprised that they didn't like Bon Jovi either. A single Bon Jovi song can pump me up even on my worst days.

I love country music but can't stand Aldean. Dude is the epitome of "bro country" in my opinion and I can't think of one of his songs that aren't exactly like every other one of this songs.

Personally, I never took much issue with them, although they are fairly common around here.
They're common everywhere I go (both in real world and virtual world), I had to hear these words all through high school and still when I am in college. They originally didn't bother me at first, but they overtime got quite irritating.

Really? All of them? She's had a few which have had me cringing (Swish Swish was awful) but on the whole she's actually pretty damn good.

I feel a bit iffy on most of what people think of when they think of west coast rap. Your NWA's, Dr. Dre's, Snoop Dogg, etc. (Though I've always hated Snoop irrationally for some reason) Something about it doesn't really hook me, and to be quite honest? A lot of them sound the same once you get down to it. Really the only 'classic' West Coast rap album I truly like is Ice Cube's AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted - but that's because beat production was done by The Bomb Squad, so there's a decidedly East Coast, and very much typical of Public Enemy, frenetic pace.

Most of what I think of when I think of West Coast rap is the stuff I grew up with - which was decidedly underground. Living Legends, Dilated Peoples, Jurassic 5.

Alright let's do this.

I think people have every right to complain about BFV's marketing being focused on women. I think EA's intentions are a bit misplaced. They're just doing it for the hey look we care about women too prespective.

Side note -- my favorite games this gen actually feature more women protagonists so I absolutely have no problem with the notion. The fact it's a WW2 game and they're putting a woman on the cover screams cheap to me.

Side note -- my favorite games this gen actually feature more women protagonists so I absolutely have no problem with the notion. The fact it's a WW2 game and they're putting a woman on the cover screams cheap to me.
Even though over 350,000 women fought in World War 2? One only needs to look at the Night Witches and the French Resistance for a few examples.

Even though over 350,000 women fought in World War 2? One only needs to look at the Night Witches and the French Resistance for a few examples.

Compared to the amount of men though? I'm not saying women had no effect or role to play in WW2. Just the fact that them being the main focus is triggeering the cynic in me.

Compared to the amount of men though? I'm not saying women had no effect or role to play in WW2. Just the fact that them being the main focus is triggeering the cynic in me.
I can't really argue one way or the other on why they've used women as the center stage of BF5, but the game looks brilliant so i'm not bothered.

I can't really argue one way or the other on why they've used women as the center stage of BF5, but the game looks brilliant so i'm not bothered.

Should have put a man and woman on the cover to shut the whiners up. No doubt they would still have complained though.

Latest Posts

Back