Unpopular Opinions - General Thread

• Thread starter Carbonox
  • 2,977 comments
I think i need to immigrate to Chicago then :dopey::

Emma+Watso.n.jpg
Maybe you should. :lol:

Agreed, when I had a garden I'd just pick em as I rode by on the lawn mower and chowed down on them.

Wish I had a garden! I have to deal with grocery store tomatoes, but sometimes I'll stop by at the farmers market and get them fresh. :cheers:

Everything made from tomatoes is wonderful but raw tomatoes are disgusting.

Its a acquired taste, and you have to have the right tomatoes. :D

Tomatoes are best eaten like apples
No way! I would never put salt on an apple!

The proper way to eat a tomato is with a saltshaker in one hand and the tomato in the other. After each bite sprinkle a little salt on the newly exposed surface.

I'd never do that with an apple.

although come to think of it, I've never tried it either. Hmmm...

•Having the widows down is better than using the air conditioning in a car.

Why?

Having the windows down in most cars causes a pressure effect that's really annoying in your ears. It enables you to listen to all of the noise on the road, including very loud vehicles right next to you (over time maybe degrading your hearing). It causes you to have to crank the stereo or yell to talk to your friends. It causes you to have to inhale exhaust fumes and other lovely smells from the road. And I'm convinced that it's what causes headliners to detach over time - which is really not that easy to fix in a way that restores the car to original condition.

So you're damaging your hearing and ruining your car for what?

Edit:

I didn't even mention how automatic window regulators are a common part to fail - so cycling them routinely for the purpose of harming yourself and the car will also result in expensive and/or time consuming repairs to the window regulator.

Sci-Fi as a TV/Movie genre is horrible at best.

Are you saying that the genre is bad or that the content in the genre is bad? When it comes to the quality of television/movies, it's almost entirely determined by execution. Genre is really not that important.

Last edited:
Unpopular opinion: Queen is completely average compared to the music of that time and does not even remotely deserve the strange and insane hype.

That's uninformed more than anything... you may not like it (and plenty don't) but the songwriting and recordings were in many cases groundbreaking.

Girls should not feel they have to wear makeup if they don't want to.

Heels should be banned. They mess up feet. My mum knows this too well.

Heels should be banned. They mess up girls feet. My mum knows this too well.

Of all the legal things people do that might mess them up, I don't think inappropriate footwear is too high on anyones list. Plus, that removing freedom of choice thing. .

Unpopular opinion: Queen is completely average compared to the music of that time and does not even remotely deserve the strange and insane hype.
My unpopular opinion is related to this, I do not like Queen at all, I can't stand their music.

Of all the legal things people do that might mess them up, I don't think inappropriate footwear is too high on anyones list. Plus, that removing freedom of choice thing. .
True but it is a cultural thing not a choice thing. Women are expected to wear heels so women do wear heels.

But like the makeup I guess if you really want to then fine but you shouldn't be using our NHS when you mess up your feet.

True but it is a cultural thing not a choice thing. Women are expected to wear heels so women do wear heels.

My missus would beat me to death with her heels if I tried to stop her from wearing them when she wanted. Of course, two hours later and she's complaining, but that just gives her an excuse to go out and buy another pair (where she'll make funny squeaking noises when she see's a reeeeeeeallly expensive and uncomfortable looking pair, which she'll try on even though she's never going to buy them). Eat, sleep, repeat.

I don't disagree that heels are ridiculous though, I actually can't look at a womans feet if she's walking in heels, it makes me wince just thinking about how much one misstep could **** up their ankle.

Heels should be banned. They mess up feet.
I guess if you really want to then fine but you shouldn't be using our NHS when you mess up your feet.
I suspect they help to reduce gluteal deficiency which could, in turn, reduce back & knee injuries thus saving billions in health care costs.
I've done no research.

Are you saying that the genre is bad or that the content in the genre is bad? When it comes to the quality of television/movies, it's almost entirely determined by execution. Genre is really not that important.

I should be clearer as Sci-FI can be such a wide genre. It's the space part that just doesn't do it for me, the more space craft, laser wars, inter galactic blah blah blah the quicker I'll tune out.

Latest Posts

Back