Unravelling the Mysteries of GT Sport's Driver Rating System (and How To Improve Yours)

Before the warm up ask everyone to check for you during the warm up, and to let you know in the chat before the warm up ends!

Haha aye right. Well I did ask several times how to check the number. Unsurprisingly no reply.

Atenza GT4 has no number on the front either.

I just did daily race C, the 350Z at Tokyo Central. I started the race 2nd, took the lead off the line, lead the whole race, got fastest lap, won...and lost about 400 DR rating, from roughly 27300 to 26900. I didn’t get a star for a clean race as I tapped the wall one time, but didn’t get a penalty for it.

Is this normal for DR to drop even with a win?

I just did daily race C, the 350Z at Tokyo Central. I started the race 2nd, took the lead off the line, lead the whole race, got fastest lap, won...and lost about 400 DR rating, from roughly 27300 to 26900. I didn’t get a star for a clean race as I tapped the wall one time, but didn’t get a penalty for it.

Is this normal for DR to drop even with a win?

That's not normal, neither is Mount Panorama in Tokyo :confused:

Did you stay connected until after online save flashed in the bottom right? Did you get back into the lobby after the race?
If you disconnect or leave / suspend GTS before the online save succeeds, the game still regards you as DNF.

That's not normal, neither is Mount Panorama in Tokyo :confused:

Did you stay connected until after online save flashed in the bottom right? Did you get back into the lobby after the race?
If you disconnect or leave / suspend GTS before the online save succeeds, the game still regards you as DNF.
Lol oops I meant race A.

I stayed connected the whole time, I signed up for a second race as soon as I was back in the menu and then checked kudos while the timer was counting down. It was also my first race of the day, so it’s not like I was lower from previous races today and just forgot to check my score.

I’m not too fussed about it, I like to check my score but don’t really care too much what it is...I just thought it was weird that a win wouldn’t make me go up.

Well, I have a problem... Well not a problem but it's annoying, I haven't played online in nearly 2weeks, left my DR at 18,600 and came back today to find it sat on 12000 ish... Do we have to play every day for this to maintain a certain standard? Thing is i can have weeks off and still come back strong...I'm clean and fair so why has GT deranked my DR? Any thoughts?

Well, I have a problem... Well not a problem but it's annoying, I haven't played online in nearly 2weeks, left my DR at 18,600 and came back today to find it sat on 12000 ish... Do we have to play every day for this to maintain a certain standard? Thing is i can have weeks off and still come back strong...I'm clean and fair so why has GT deranked my DR? Any thoughts?

Losing DR by not playing is not a thing. So this must be one of a couple of possibilities:

1. Are you absolutely 100% sure that you left your DR at 18,600?
2. Are you sure that was the last time you played?
2. Could anyone else have played on your account without your knowledge?

Maybe provide a link to your profile, but you definitely don't lose DR by not playing.

Ok, good article, although if its only limited to that, then it's pretty deceiving.

What about not using any driving assists (cone markers, driving line, etc...), using H shifter manual transmission, not using any ABS ?
Also what about in a N100 category race, where all other drivers have N200 cars limited by the BOP and I decide to go with the worst N100 car in my garage.

For me it doesn't make much sense that someone who finishes one position ahead of me using driving line, cones, TCS and full ABS makes more points than me if I got all of these set to off.

Any idea if this actually affects the ratio for you DR in a race ?
I think it should, right ?

Whoa fast response, thanks.
That is sad though
It would make no sense for any of that to affect your driver rating, as all that matters is your performance. The aim of DR is to match people who have the same performance. If someone is faster than you because you're not using default ABS and they are, then they're still faster than you and should be matched in a lobby with people of their speed. It would be crazy to have a lobby that is split between fast people who are using default ABS, and slower people who have ABS off. So the people with default ABS all drive away from the people with ABS off, because the game has given the ABS off people bonus DR for driving with ABS off. What would be the point of that?

It would make no sense for any of that to affect your driver rating, as all that matters is your performance. The aim of DR is to match people who have the same performance

I get your point, but having ABS off doesn't necessary mean you'll be slower but in general yes. But wasn't only talking about ABS, the only reason why I mentioned it is in case you are driving a car from the 70s for example, ABS didn't exist back then.

But my point is, if you get the pole in qualif, and win the race, and you are not using any assists like the cones and driving line for beginners in particular.
For me it just makes sense that your DR should improves faster than if you achieve the same with all assists on. And like you said "People who have the same performance", well if 2 drivers have exactly the same performance, one using all the assists, the other none at all. who's the better driver ?

But it's fine, I was just asking because I never seen it mentioned anywhere and was wondering.
No big deal. After all its only a game. Even though it's FIA certified...

Also in Lobby races we can simply just set all these to 'Prohibited'. This raise the bar to make more realistic races.

Last edited:
In any race, you use everything you can under the rules you think helps.
Points are given for finishing position.

Back