Upcoming NFS game in 2017?

• Thread starter citroengt1
  • 199 comments

What do you want for the 2017 NFS?

• Total voters
By the sound of it, the setting is completely different (and apparently more varied - very welcomed. It'd not like it can get much worse anyway), it's not always online (again, very welcomed) and the police is receiving a few tweaks (*very* welcomed. Seriously. The police in NFS2015 is the worst since NFS2. If you see what I did there, good for you).

The physics/handling model, as is the general concencus in any part of the internet not affected by.. certain famous YouTubers who have no idea what they're talking about, is what I really want to know more about, or better yet, experience myself before throwing money at EA. There's a special place in the darkest pits of hell reserved for the handling model of NFS2015, the entirety of FlatOut 3 and the Mitsuoka Nouera. That's how bad it is.

Also slightly worried about this bit:
it (customization) will play as strong a role as ever

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY, PLEASE DO NOT BE THE RETURN OR A MODERN EQUIVALENT OF THE MAKES-PIMP-MY-RIDE-LOOK-SENSIBLE STAR RATING SYSTEM

The physics/handling model, as is the general concencus in any part of the internet not affected by.. certain famous YouTubers who have no idea what they're talking about, is what I really want to know more about, or better yet, experience myself before throwing money at EA. There's a special place in the darkest pits of hell reserved for the handling model of NFS2015, the entirety of FlatOut 3 and the Mitsuoka Nouera. That's how bad it is.

F8RGE from Ghost posted on reddit in response to concerns about the handling:

Prostreet is my all-time favorite NFS title. So another game like Prostreet would be fantastic.

How about this? An organizing "prostreet" racing circuit in which we can race in the daytime at organized events, and a separate illegal street racing scene in which it is nighttime like the previous game? I wouldn't even care if they reused Ventura Bay and just added to it.

All they really need to do is flesh out the customization for all cars available in the game, fix the handling, make the cops smarter, add something like Prostreet tracks, and viola! They would have the perfect NFS game and no doubt critically acclaimed.

ProStreet had the most irritating input lag handling i've ever seen. Unplayable from 500+Hp cars for me.
Today i was playing High Stakes for a short while (too see if my old Dual Shock still works) and it was a pleasure. Nothing too serious about physics, but really good arcade style play. And NO input lag even on PS1.

For me some sort of cross between 4 and 5 would make the best NFS of all time. (mostly because of the physics)

At this point there's just no faith in NFS or anything that comes out of EA. If EA were a cake shop, they'd only sell you the cream with no actual cake to be found anywhere. I do not believe anything positive I read about any of their products. Looking at recent titles, seems like making NFS is as much about cutting corners as playing NFS. They'll have to show rather than tell.

Despite everything I must admit I didn't like NFS Carbon much but I did like the Canyon Races. It is a very good decision to bring them back. I hope they manage to execute well. Gameplay in the last 7 years have not been satisfying. Hope it turns out well. NFS is after all the first PC game I've played.

Won't hold my breath though.

Last edited:
Well, needless to say I'm excited! Here's a few thoughts:

Lots of clues in this single teaser image.
1) We at least know the 350Z will be back in the game, which by extension means:
2) An expanded car roster.
3) Not always nighttime. Notice I didn't say "daytime" because the teaser is a little vague. We obviously see the sun, but it has a very "Most Wanted '05" feel to it in terms of color palette.
4) Mentions of canyon racing combined with the arid feel of this image and hotel neons makes me think we will be in a location more like we saw in NFS Carbon, with a Las Vegas feel to it.
5) This might be wishful thinking, but the fencing reminds me of a racing paddock, and I wonder if we will have any actual racetrack events?

The fact that Rhinos are back could mean that they are returning to NFS MW05 roots.

Just stop for a moment and imagine the canyon racing of Carbon mixed with the handling physics of NFS 15..... :ill:
My point is, in order to have canyon races that are even playable, they HAVE to fix the handling. So the fact that they are boasting about canyon racing may ultimately be GREAT news for the handling physics!

When I saw the teaser image and saw the 350Z* (*Oops! I meant to say, Z33.), I said to myself:

"If EA & Ghost desides to bring back the Nissan Z-Car dynasty and with an extended car lineup for NFS2017, I'll squeal like a high school girl!"

No, but seriously, the reason why I hardly play modern NFS games because of the lack of love for certain cars that were in previous installments or never been in the series at all. (Like, the Nissan 370Z Nismo or Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat...)

Also, FIX THE CURSED HANDLING! Ken Block's 1965 Ford Mustang 'Hoonicorn' felt like sliding on a bar of soap. And, don't get me started on the WRX STI! Felt like, you're trying to walk a very stubborn dog, and it refuses to move. I hope, EA & Ghost gets our requests...

Last edited:
FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY, PLEASE DO NOT BE THE RETURN OR A MODERN EQUIVALENT OF THE MAKES-PIMP-MY-RIDE-LOOK-SENSIBLE STAR RATING SYSTEM

Sorry but I'm sure your a minority on that. The masses wants a return to underground 1/2 levels of customization. Some of the stuff was ridiculous but it was there for the people that wanted ridiculous. Your free to make the car look as boring as possible if you'd like.

Sorry but I'm sure your a minority on that. The masses wants a return to underground 1/2 levels of customization. Some of the stuff was ridiculous but it was there for the people that wanted ridiculous. Your free to make the car look realistic as possible.

I seriously don't understand that sentece. NFS 2015 what was then?

I hope they expand on the customization of nfs 2015, for what they had of it I thought it was really good, some cars just need a lot more than others. Keep the real world parts and not the auto zone special underground parts.

Sorry but I'm sure your a minority on that. The masses wants a return to underground 1/2 levels of customization. Some of the stuff was ridiculous but it was there for the people that wanted ridiculous. Your free to make the car look as boring as possible if you'd like.
That's what has me confused, Black Box and other studios that worked on Need For Speed titles at the time had different things within each generation of NFS. Like, for example, the classic era focused mostly on Exotic Cars and Cop Car Chases, but you had to go extremely fast. The Artificial Intelligence is pretty good in the classic era. Then, we reach into the Black Box Era where you see customization and overall more story from each game. However, they branched off the street racing name and done track days, with some other stuff. Finally, we have the Modern Era where games are remasters of the old ones, and EA and Ghost can't decide on what the target audience is.

If you don't understand, the NFS series has changed it's demographic audience quite a lot in it's time. I'd say the Classic Era stayed mostly true to the NFS name mind you.

Perhaps something like the Autosculpt system from NFS Undercover, Prostreet, et al. could make a comeback here?

For me the NFS 2015 was more Burnout style.
Which is considered an arcade game.

If they get rid of the burnout crash cam then it would be something I would be in.

NFS Carbon 2?

You missed the part where the poster said rating system. I too would hope they stay away from a rating system like that because it forced you to make your car ridiculously tacky. Either way, I haven't seen people specifically say they want the exact customization that was in U1/U2, but more so would appreciate the scope to be a lot broader like it was in the Underground series, where I think almost every single car had a fair bit of customization.

Allow me to question when you last played the "story" mode of Underground 2.

The star rating system meant that in order to progress the game, you had to make your car look progressively.. "Questionable Modifications Thread"-worthy. And guess what? Outside of the story, it held 0 value in any way, shape or form anyway.

I'm not against customization per se. But if the above is what they mean by "playing as strong a role as ever" (bear in mind that, at this time, nobody has any idea whether that's the case or not), I (and, judging by the most recent comments, quite a few people with me) am out.

Er.. What is this 350Z picture ? I didn't see anything.

Well this is good news though but we'll see how it plays out.

Do you think unlicensed parts should come back for NFS2017? To maybe add more customizable parts for every car?

Lol i thought that was a rock :dunce:
upload_2017-5-9_22-47-1.png

I don' t have the money for a new console, nor a new computer yet.

But if customization is extended, dirt races are a thing, offline mode will be promised real and the handling is TWEAKED big time to a point is actually fun, Ghost Games will redeem themselves.

But this is the reality, it might not happen. We'll have to wait and see for ourselves.

Combination of Prostreet and Underground is perfect.Keep all customization from the last NFS add engine swaps,more cars and better cops and it would be a great game.

Combination of Prostreet and Underground is perfect.Keep all customization from the last NFS add engine swaps,more cars and better cops and it would be a great game.
Hmm... I would love to have another NFS installment, with a festival point-of-view. Plus, have open-world elements, like almost every NFS installment that relates to the street racing-scene.

And, not only that, I would also love to have a Porsche flat-6 on a WRX STI; instantly, a Do-It-Yourself Subaru Blitzen.

"Offline play" AKA upcoming NFS game requires an ALWAYS ONLINE connection "to play offline"

Everybody's going down that The Crew route it's depressing

And as i said on a previous profile post i wouldn't be surprised if Rockstar went this way if they made another Midnight Club, seeing how huge GTA Online is.

"Offline play" AKA upcoming NFS game requires an ALWAYS ONLINE connection "to play offline"
I don't think Ghost and EA is going to let that happen again. By now they've already learned their lessons from NFS2015.

Back