Update 1.03 (Released - January 14th)

My system is still having to do a file check and restore when I try to download (fith time now) and I dont really want to chance currupting anything else so I wont try again till i know it is safe and works. Interestingly I get an option to send and error report to Sony, which I've never noticed before when I have had to do the 'Not Switched Off Properly' thing.

My system is still having to do a file check and restore when I try to download (fith time now) and I dont really want to chance currupting anything else so I wont try again till i know it is safe and works. Interestingly I get an option to send and error report to Sony, which I've never noticed before when I have had to do the 'Not Switched Off Properly' thing.
Try this Pressing x soon as you see the update screen within 2 seconds it should work.

Argon posted this on another thread....and it worked:-

"Copied and pasted from the GT official site.

We have discovered an issue where some users may experience the following problem during the download of Update (1.03), released on 14 January.

Steps to reproduce:
When Gran Turismo 6 is launched while connected to PSN, a message will appear on screen informing the users that "the latest update data for this software has been found (Version 1.03)".

Once accepted (by pressing the X button while selecting [OK]), a “Please wait...” message will be displayed. After a few seconds, the PlayStation®3 system will emit 3 acoustic signals and restarts automatically.

At this point, some users may receive a message stating that the system was not shut down correctly last time. The system will ask then to perform a system file check and then the reboot is completed.

Users will be prompted again to download Update 1.03, whether they received the message in step 3 or not.

Procedure to avoid this issue:
To avoid this issue, please accept to download the Update by selecting [OK] within 2 seconds of its appearance on screen when prompted. This will update the game properly.

If you wait longer than 2 seconds, please decline the Update by pressing the Circle button when the message in step 1 is displayed, then select [Back] in the subsequent "Sign-In to PSN" screen. The game will start, quit the game using the PS button while in the [My Home] screen and follow the procedure described above."

Thankyou to hall90 as well :), I only saw your reply after I had come back to tell everyone.

I'm convinced that PD fully understands how many features they have yanked out of the game. I think/hope they are putting it back together in order to protect against hackers. Again I don't know this for a fact. But how else do you explain them losing so many features? I really don't see them being that totally incompetent or uncaring.:irked:
Also the folks who put this together just are not stupid. There has got to be a method to the madness.
At least I hope so. Something is afoot and I hope they chose to give us an explanation one day soon.

One thing I noticed was the NSX did not suffer from the issue with MR handling. Can anyone concur?

I think to fix the tire size in thumbnail view try "Update Car Image" in the garage.

Finally does everyone know the method to run the update is explained at the Grand Turismo web site?👍
Umm, it's "Gran Turismo". :D

I hear where you're coming from. I don't think anyone saw the FT-1 coming - even less that it isn't Toyota's Vision GT project - we still haven't been provided DLC by them that costs money, and then, there's the expected large update to be released later this month. Personally, the Course Maker will provide me with enough content (and Maybe Seattle Circuit as DLC, maybe?).

PD did something right. They dropped Top Gear $$$$ for Ascari :bowdown:. All those classic Ferrari's were a surprise. Still no interior for the Spyker though :irked:. Then there's the collaboration between PD and the Ayrton Senna Institute. Plus the addition of Mario Andretti's Hudson Hornet and the accompanying "First Love" campaign that was, for lack of a better word, refreshing. The future of GT...

DOQ7L.gif

BUT like I said, I hear where you're coming from. Everything that is (or what some of us thought would make it into the game without any need of an update) meant to be released in the future seems to be far more than what was expected. The GPS track creator? :scared:

Camber settings are STILL reversed. Front actually adjusts rear and vice versa :grumpy: UGH WTF PD
I do not think they are reversed or at least not front to rear. At one point I thought maybe they were but testing indicated they were not and that 0 camber was the way to go. It is possible that they are reversed in such a way as it is giving positive camber instead of negative I suppose, that I can't say

I had the same thing going over like 6 times, last time I didn't do the file check by pressing "o" when asked at startup and the download finally started. I don't know if it may have somethin. To say or if it just randomly happened to work when I decided not to go through the startup check

I do not think they are reversed or at least not front to rear. At one point I thought maybe they were but testing indicated they were not and that 0 camber was the way to go. It is possible that they are reversed in such a way as it is giving positive camber instead of negative I suppose, that I can't say

This was also my conclusion, but I haven't done any testing after the 1.03 patch. I not a 100% sure, but I think they've done something about the height issue. The cars I tested have more liftoff oversteer when rising the rear compared to 1.02, but it might just be me adapting or doing things differently.

Can't wait to boot up our Testing Simulator at the HQ tomorrow. Any PS3 Modding Experts out here ? Need to hire a consultant to do some stuff with our 3x BenQ Gaming Monitors. Should be fun day tomorrow though! Hopefully the prototype Fanatec unit comes in that we have been waiting for :D

Well at least they got something right with the update... the game now does an Autosave after you get the Login Bonus.

I've had less problems with 1.03 than I had with the previous two versions, though I have not done any Timed races since downloading.

Although the update is far from perfect, and it even introduced some new bugs(which should be quickly patched), I am just glad that PD is giving us FREE updates. We have upgrades and improvements from the developers at no extra cost. .... charge us for DLC for all of these updates(thank goodness they don't). Just be glad the company is trying to constantly improve the product!
They better give out this small advertisements better for free, shouldn't they?
And they also do better get rid of all the mentioned bugs asap before the dare to offer DLC and charge us for them.
I for one won't pay for content if i have to expect new glitches with.

In other news, the FT-1 is so futuristic it doesn't even have wipers.
Or that ultrasonic sound thing that McLaren is doing right now.
What I mean is that I havent tried any other car under rain condition yet.
Only drove the FT-1 on the seasonal though.
And prior to the update, the wipers didnt even wipe the screen, as you could see rain drops staying at the same spot!!

I absolutely love how much people moan about something as trivial as a game update. Half of you speak as if its a life or death situation, and that the new patch has added stuff which just makes it borderline unplayable. Either that, or it didn't add stuff you wanted (one guy was complaining about there being no C7 Z06/Z07; did they promise such a thing? Not to my knowledge).

In all honesty, the amount of times people complain, I start to wonder how they even have time to play the game.

Was doing the enduro's again with the Zonda Huayra like I have done previously. On Willow Springs, I timed the pits for the end of the 3rd lap switching from SS to SH , and the end of the 6th lap switching to SM.

As expected a drop in position occurs as it should pitting on the 3rd/4th lap (6th or 7th down to 13th or 14th place).

By the time the 4th or 5th lap is completed the position should be again be somewhere less than 5th place. Pitting on the 6th lap should put me 3rd or 2nd because at this point it really is only a tire change. From what I can tell the AI will take on a full tank of fuel.

Now, I have done this on fumes before so I know I need about 1 or 2 litres more to ensure my first place - wait, what the hell? The Bugatti, and the McClaren F1 have pulled out. The rest of the pack that should be pitting are still on the track.

I am now in 16th place.

What else has been changed?

I absolutely love how much people moan about something as trivial as a game update. Half of you speak as if its a life or death situation, and that the new patch has added stuff which just makes it borderline unplayable. Either that, or it didn't add stuff you wanted (one guy was complaining about there being no C7 Z06/Z07; did they promise such a thing? Not to my knowledge).

In all honesty, the amount of times people complain, I start to wonder how they even have time to play the game.
People are not moaning about an update and we are helping people how to get the update working.

Back